News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

The Elasmotherium looks alive, so much so that it almost resembles those unearthed specimens found trapped in the ice with all the fur and muscle intact. I bet the real animal was pretty much how CollectA reconstructed it.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 03, 2019, 08:52:14 PM
The Elasmotherium looks alive, so much so that it almost resembles those unearthed specimens found trapped in the ice with all the fur and muscle intact. I bet the real animal was pretty much how CollectA reconstructed it.

yeah, I agree with you on that one. ^-^

Bokisaurus

It's been a quite couple of week ;D
I did get this Schleich Diabloceratops in the mail, so that's the only dino figure for me  ;D
Well, lets see, it's a good figure for sure, but as all of their good figures lately, there are plenty of missed opportunities on this one.
I am planning on reviewing this figure, so I will hold off on many of my comments, save it for the review ;D

Overall, I like the figure, its nice one.  What I really don't like is the yellow color they chose for the eyes, it's just too extreme and stands out... in a bad way. Easy enough to repaint it when I have time.
The first impression is that they really took a lot of "inspirations" from the CollectA figure when it came to colors and color scheme especially on the head! ;D
[]

And with the CollectA and Safari versions
[]
They make a nice herd. I did not include my favorite version, the small Kaiyodo one due to its small size.

This may be the only figure from Schleich I'm getting, I considered the Dracorex but the colors really did not grab me.
Well there you go, the Schleich Diabloceratops!
Cheers! :))

Jose S.M.

It's a nice figure and I like the frill patterns. I agree with you about the bright yellow eyes, they often look too fake as opossed of some less stronger shades of yellow or other colors.

Libraraptor

I hate to say that,  but from that Ceratopsian trio I like the Schleich one most. :o
How do you like their new juvenile Giganotosaurus?

PlesiosaurusNessy

I like ceratopsians in General and from These three my favorites are the Schleich and CollectA, the Diabloceratops of Schleich has really a very diabolic
looking face and a cool pattern on his back, the painting at the face of the CollectA is very cool,too!l
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

Bokisaurus my congratulations for your great acquisition.

Honestly, I like Schleich's Diabloceratops and Safari alike. I see them both great. The Collecta is not bad but honestly has the bill to be a Collecta dinosaur of 2013 and the other two diabloceratops are more recent and the sculpture is better. It seems beyond question in size much larger than the other two diabloceratops or at least it seems. The figure is very voluminous.

On the other hand I agree with you Bokisaurus regarding the painting of the yellow eye could have put it with more realistic pupils and eyeball. However, he is one of Schleich's star figures along with his spinosaurus and dimorphodon this year.

Bokisaurus although the dracorex is a bright colors that does not mean it is a great dinosaur comparable in terms of equality in terms of genius to the Safari dracorex although in that I think you disagree with me. On the other hand, we should not forget the Schleich juvenile giganotosaurus this year that leaves in a shameful place all the other replicas of Schleich's giganotosaurs made to date including the giant theropod figure of the Humbold Museum in Berlin, which was one of the largest facts to date in the toy market that appeared the immense theropod dinosaurs of PNSO as the ceratosaurus, or the tyrannosaurus of Collecta large model.

ceratopsian

Now you draw my attention to the yellow eye, yes, it really does stand out a bit uncomfortably.  But I'll still be getting one.  Thank you for your detailed photographs.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 13, 2019, 08:59:21 PM
I hate to say that,  but from that Ceratopsian trio I like the Schleich one most. :o
How do you like their new juvenile Giganotosaurus?

The Schleich does dominate ;D I like it overall, it's my favorite ceratopsian from them.
As far as the Juvenile Giga, to be honest I am not a big fan of it really. Its the best version from their multiple versions  ;D But I don't really care much for it especially I already have the Amazing PNSO and Eofauna ones ^-^

Bokisaurus

Well, here we go, the latest from PNSO have landed.
This Dakosaurus does not disappoint a bit. Lovely details and really nice dynamic pose as well, very eye-catching !
It's really a shame that they did not use the harder plastic material, this softer rubbery type really don't capture or retain the majority of the delicate details. If they did, oh my, the details will be so crisp and amazing!
I was amazed by how nicely the teeth are done! They are sharp and hard and individually sculpted, you can even see the shape of the individual teeth!  Very nice and seamless articulation as well on the jaw. There is a purplish tone on the lower inside of the mouth.
The scale details is beautiful and you can see so much variation in shape and sizes.
[]

Iused one of my own reef scene stand to prop him on, worked really well ;D
[]

Very awesome figure that is well worth acquiring. I love how PNSO don't have a "scheduled" reveal of their upcoming figures, instead we get a surprise every few months! Now that is really exciting and it keeps us guessing and excited for going for a long time ^-^
Cheers!

Jose S.M.

That's a great figure and it looks very nice in the reef stand. I also like how pnso keeps surprising us with their releases. I hope the next surprises come soon.

Killekor

Thanks for the photos of your new acquisitions, Bokisaurus! Both the Dakosaurus and the Diabloceratops looks great! Congratulations for having them!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Very nice, do you have a scale comparison of the Dakosaurus with an older figure?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

He looks perfect on the reef stand. They set each other off really well

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 16, 2019, 10:17:25 PM
Very nice, do you have a scale comparison of the Dakosaurus with an older figure?

Thanks everyone ^-^

Well, here he is with some older figures ( that was readily available for me to photograph  :))). Most of my figures are now in storage due to life changes. Hope this helps ;)
[]

SBell

I also just got the larger Dakosaurus. I'm impressed. I won't go buying all of them, but it's nice to see a big model of a big scary aquatic croc!

Halichoeres

I guess you must have a lot in storage--those are some motley companions :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I am very happy that PNSO has made a dakosaurus as big as yours for the first time in the history of PVC figures. Hopefully in the future PNSO will continue to surprise us with new and beautiful figures.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 22, 2019, 11:17:17 PM
I guess you must have a lot in storage--those are some motley companions :)

Ha! I have been actively culling figures the last 4 years now just to make room ;D
Yeah, those comparison pics are a weird lot come think of it ^-^

Bokisaurus

Well,I was under the weather for a few days, so to help with boredom, I finally got around to repainting this large PNSO figure! I have been wanting to paint it forever, but never got around to it.
My original figure had a warped leg, which is a common thing for large hadrosaurs from the first PNSO wave.
I was given an opportunity to buy a lot of the large PNSO figure at a very low price, so I ended up with a second, much better condition one. This gave me the opportunity to paint my original one.
[
The original group of large PNSO were nice, but the paint job and colors are so boring an monotonous... almost all the figure have the same brown/gray colors!
Well, time to spice it up a bit ;D
As you all know, I love bright colors and crazy patterns ;D So here it is!
[]

Old and new
[]

I had a great time repainting this figure, it was one of the largest figure I have ever repainted! Hope you like it, cheers! :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: