News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

ceratopsian

Seeing your photos Boki also reminded me again how marvellous is the iridescence on the Microraptor.  No other company has come even close to such an effect.

Plus I wasn't going to buy Redlichia.  But you have done a good sales job.  It will squeeze happily into my very small area of marine animals.  And an excellent idea to photograph it with a trilobite fossil.

Dinoxels

The Allosaurus looks less impressive then it looked in the promotional images. I love the Lisowicia though, looks kind of chubby and cute.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

The Megalodon is great, isn't it? Love that big fish.

Looking forward to your Microraptor review!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

The Meg photo was very positive and overcomes some negative comments made by a couple of posters earlier in the year. This is a good figure and Boki's image proves it.

bmathison1972

Uggh...I want that Lisowicia so bad but it's just too big. Maybe if it sells well, they will make one in their 'standard' line. Yes, I know they were big animals, but still, it's a bit too big

bmathison1972

Boki, if you have the S.R. Diprotodon, would you take a pic of it next to the Lisowicia. Will help be gauge size

Shonisaurus

Wonderful and beautiful photographs of the prehistoric animals of Collecta Boki.

Collecta's lisowicia bojani looks much bigger and more majestic than I thought it was. It is a must buy for any collector interested in the Triassic world.

Collecta's megalodon is perhaps along with its PLNSO (vinyl version) and Favorite counterparts among the best on the market today.

The Collecta microrator is much more beautiful to see in figure than in photography.

The Collecta allosaurus is an improvement over its previous standard size version and the same can be said for the Collecta 2020 mapusaurus.

Regarding the pleuroceras and redlichia invertebrates, they seem that they are not as small as I figured at first glance.

Honestly, what I appreciate the most about Collecta is that its real figures do not differ at all from the promotional figures, in fact, the physical figures are better in their sculpture and painting than the promotional photos. The Collecta brand is having a successful and outstanding year. My congratulations on your acquisitions and as always my congratulations on your beautiful presentation in photographs, Bokisaurus.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 29, 2020, 02:38:32 AM
Uggh...I want that Lisowicia so bad but it's just too big. Maybe if it sells well, they will make one in their 'standard' line. Yes, I know they were big animals, but still, it's a bit too big

Hey B @bmathison1972 - sorry it took a long time, but here is some shots that show the two figure together.
They are almost the same size really, but the Lisowicia is one solid and heavy PVC unlike the hollow SR figure. I really believe it is so worth getting it, its really an impressive figure.
[]

bmathison1972

Shonisaurus

Thank you Bokisaurus for your comparison photos. I honestly think that lisowicia bojani is bigger than I expected. It's honestly one of the best made figures by Collecta and I think that figure in that species will be quite difficult for a standard toy dinosaur brand to overcome. His painting is wonderful and his sculpture is even just as incredible and wonderful. It is an outstanding figure out of the ordinary and the most important within what fits cheap.

Jose S.M.

I really want that Lisowicia! I don't care if it's big, I don't have many non dinosaurs so I don't really mind the scale as much and it looks so great!

PrimevalRaptor

CollectA's really been delivering some very solid models recently!
The Lisowicia truly is a gem and your photos really make it shine. :D

Bokisaurus

I'm hoping they will all soon be available so everyone can finally order them.
If I was only to choose one figure from the entire lineup, this would be it! :D

ceratopsian

Libraraptor

I will definitely be grabbing one of those Lisowicia,  now that I have an even closer relationship with the species since I've been to Poland!

Bokisaurus

Wow, its been a long time since I posted anything on my collection thread. I have a few items that trekked in within the last two months, but busy schedule and life just made it difficult to get around to photographing.
Anyway, here are some of the latest ones:

My last group from CollectA arrived last month, and what a great finale! I really like CollectA's 2020 figures, so diverse and interesting. Only a couple of figure missing, but those can wait.

The beautiful Caviramimus - what a stunning figure to see in person and captures the essence of the animal. CollectA really should add Pterodaustro to this range, its right up their alley!
[]

The beautiful set of invertebrates, truly a unique series and much needed.
[]

This group of 3D printed figures are all in 1:35 scale. I wanted some prehistoric mammals that would go with some of the Dinosaurs that are in the 1:35 scale for size comparison. I also like this artist work, he sells on eBay, for now, these are all I got from him, but plan on adding more in the future.
[]

And last for now, a couple of figure from Kayakasaurus! His stuff sell fast! ;D I have been wanting many of his figures and really wanted to get a few before they are gone again. They are all beautiful and full of details despite their small size ( all in 1:40 scale).
I originally planned on painting them, but with the colorful material that he uses, I think I'm going to leave them unpainted... kind of the new contemporary Invicta.
[]
I love the protoceratops, and as you can see, it's very small! But he is packed with details. I highly recommend getting some of Kayakasaurus's figures, they are so beautiful and well made.
Well, there are a few more that arrived but I don't have photos of them yet, maybe next time.
Cheers!

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions. I honestly like all the figures from Collecta and the prehistoric mammals made by 3D printer but the ones that most attract my attention are the Kayacasaurus figures. They are magnificent figures. I'm glad for you.

ceratopsian

Excellent photos of some excellent new additions. I am with you on the need for a Pterodaustro in the CollectA pterosaur menagerie!

That's a good idea to treat the Kayakasaurus models like monochrome Invictas.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: