News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Wow, big update! Those 3d prints from Mike Eischen are pretty nice. I have his Kannemeyeria and I wish he'd make more Triassic creatures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

A fwe new additions that recently arrived this week.
First up is the beautiful PNSO Microraptor medium size figure. Its a beautifully sculpted and painted figure, but it has its flaws.

The first impression when seeing the figure is just how beautiful and breathtaking the colors and iridescences are, they really pop out and very vibrant. Unfortunately, this is hard to capture in photos, you really have to see it in person to fully appreciate the full effect.
The sculpting of the feathers are super awesome as you would expect from PNSO, makes me excited to see a fully feathered large figure from them hopefully soon. The details are simply amazing and exquisite on every feathers.
The pose is dynamic; the animal is about to jump on to something or an enemy. The feet are thrust forward with the long leg feather and t ail used as a support.
The long leg feathers is more fan like in shape that either the Safari or CollectA, the tail is nice and long with the fan of feathers on the tips. As for those of you wondering about if they figures are covered in feathers... yes, not all of them, but there is a feathering covering the fingers (you can see on the last photo).
[]

Now the not so exciting parts
The figure comes in two parts that you have to put together easily. this was done obviously due to the length of the tail making packaging an issue. Unfortunately, the joint leaves a very distracting gap that is so obvious. I wish they made some overlapping feathers to help cover the gap.

Secondly, the head just don't look right. The teeth looks very natural and stand out too much and so visible on a closed snout.This gives it a really dorky look.
Then there is that head crest that looks like a bad wig! Seriously, they should have just sculpted a crest-like tufts of feathers, like something you would see on a cockatoo  to make it interesting. Instead, it looks like a bad helmet or very flat wig! This and the teeth together makes the head looks so funny looking and really doesn't go with the rest of the figures in my opinion.

COllectA vs PNSO
Here are some comparison between this two medium size microraptor from his year. They are fairly close in size, with PNSO just slightly larger.
PNSO is also more colorful with more blues and green vs CollectA's more gold, silver, and purple.
In a way, these two makes a great male/female pairing and display nicely together.
The Safari version is my least favorite of the trio, it is too small and drab that it fades when compared to these two in my opinion, so it's not going to be displayed with them and will be boxed. ;D
Both figures are dynamically posed, and the feathering is almost comparable in details. PNSO is also more glossy than COllectA.

Overall, I prefer the CollectA in many ways especially when it comes to the head sculpt. It just looks more natural and not dorky looking. It has a more realistic expression to it. Still,t he beautiful colors of the PNSO figure is absolutely gorgeous and worth just for it!
[]
[]

I also got the repainted Wilso Rex, I like it.
[]

Also, for this Nanmu JP Apato - wow, w hat a huge figure! It's impressive and goes really well with the other PNSO giant sauropods and others.
Accurate or not, it's a nice figure that fills in the void from not having large sauropods lately.
I got tis from Blade so it was quick ship, so glad I got it!
[]

Shonisaurus

B @Bokisaurus Gorgeous figures, my microraptor is on his way home. It's in my nation's post offices along with W-dragon's giganotosaurus. It is a matter of days before you receive both figures. By the way, I wanted to ask you a question, does Nanmu's apatosaurus (magnificent figure) have problems when assembling said figure, that is, joining the tail with the rest of the body

Faelrin

The new Microraptor looks so beautiful. I think it might be the most colorful rendition of it yet, with perhaps, their smaller figure, the Beasts of the Mesozoic, and of course the new CollectA one.

That Apatosaurus is absolutely huge too. It really puts it into perspective how big it is when it is shown alongside the much smaller Bajadasaurus. I'm really glad to see the trend of huge sauropod figures making a comeback (between this and the W-Dragon Giraffatitan for example), even if they are costly too (or well for me most of the time), but well of course they would be because of their sizes, and complex paint apps.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

postsaurischian

:D  I love the PNSO Microraptor!

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 17, 2020, 03:41:59 AM

The figure comes in two parts that you have to put together easily. this was done obviously due to the length of the tail making packaging an issue. Unfortunately, the joint leaves a very distracting gap that is so obvious. I wish they made some overlapping feathers to help cover the gap.

I suppose you didn't push the tail part right to end into the body part.
Mine fits in perfectly and the feathers do overlap. You should give it another try ;) .

Totoro

I'm with you B @Bokisaurus.   The color is amazing, but I just can't look past the head/face.  I don't care if they are giving it away, no chance that's ending up on my shelf!   :))
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

Bokisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 17, 2020, 09:52:07 PM
:D  I love the PNSO Microraptor!

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 17, 2020, 03:41:59 AM

I suppose you didn't push the tail part right to end into the body part.
Mine fits in perfectly and the feathers do overlap. You should give it another try ;) .

Hmmm, well, I guess I got a bad figure!🙀
I tried and tried and somehow it just won't pop in! Maybe I'll try the hot water thing.
But it's good to k ow that it does attach nicely, it would have been a shame it it didn't.
If mine still fails to attach properly, I may have to get a second one, it's too nice a figure to not have a properly fitting part.😃

Shonisaurus

Yesterday I acquired the PNSO microraptor, rather I received it at home and my impression on that PNSO figure is good on the one hand, it is well modeled, the feathers are very detailed and that iridescent black is outstanding apart from being a reasonable size for such a small dinosaur, but on the other hand I have a not so good impression of that figure, especially the modeling of the head that strange gesture of the microraptor's head that does not convince me and above all that it is obvious that the seams when joining the trunk with the body. Without a doubt to me he is the weakest figure in PNSO this year considering that we have other outstanding figures like the tuojiangosaurus and lambeosaurus, apart from the dinosaur babies and the third version tyrannosaurus.

Bokisaurus

Long overdue photos of some new additions from the last few weeks. It been a bust month so taking photos has taken a back seat.
The first PNSO finally arrived after a long delay due to the postal chaos.
What an amazing figure! Love it!
[]
Some comparison with recent PNSO figures and the other two larger sized stegosaurus from the same line
[]

GR Tpys Spinosaurus - what a beautiful figure. I went for the red variant, I love the splashy colors ;D
I have a review of this figure that is pending, so I will save all of my comments for that- stay tuned ;)
[]

Lastly the Unknown brand Kronosaur that showed up recently. I love this figure! It also comes in two color  variant, a green and this one. I love the black and white.
If I had time and if no one has yet claimed it, I may write a review of it. Really with adding to any marine reptile collection.
[]

for now, that's all until the rest of the PNSO new figures starts arriving ;D
Thanks for checking, stay safe and healthy, Cheers!

Libraraptor

Halichoeres

That Spinosaurus is definitely striking! A bold but believable color scheme. Looking forward to your review.

And always a joy to see that Tuojiangosaurus pop up, too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Sarapaurolophus

That Kronosaur looks amazing, too bad it is unknown (?) I'd love to read a review on it and where to get it. That zebra coloration is really striking.

Shonisaurus

B @Bokisaurus My congratulations on your three new acquisitions of prehistoric animals. Honestly, that kronosaurus is truly tempting, especially when I have learned that the plastic dinosaur figures do not pose a health hazard as I feared in this case. I am tempted by the two color versions.

PNSO's tuojiangosaurus is by far the best of its kind in the toy dinosaur world.

On the other hand, the spinosaurus from GR Toys is honestly a beautiful figure that I recommend, it is very detailed and beautifully painted. As always, I thank you very much for sharing these always abundant photographs, a gift for me and for the rest of the DTF members.

Bokisaurus

PNSO has arrived! It's official, they are now my favorite brand (Sorry CollectA, you're still #2 :D)
These models are absolutely beautiful and at a great price point.
[]

Lambeosaurus- I have a review for it in the works right now :))
[]

Then these two :))
[]

Now just waiting for the Pachyrhino and Spinosaurus  ;D

bmathison1972

I jumped on the train and have the Atopodentatus enroute to me too.

Shonisaurus

B @Bokisaurus I'm happy for you and my congratulations. In my case, the pachyrhinosaurus and spinosaurus have also arrived. Honestly, you are going to like them both, especially the spinosaurus you are going to like a lot.

ceratopsian

What a haul!  And some luscious photos to show the models to best advantage.  PNSO is my favourite firm too, with CollectA in second place.

Halichoeres

Libraraptor

These are wonderful pictures of wonderful figures! Especially like the Atopodentatus.

SidB

B @Bokisaurus , between you and avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow in particular, the  DTF community has an astonishing treasury of visual resources. Thank you for your continuing contributions and positive attitude towards the collecting hobby. Your thread is one of the prime reasons that I continue to follow the forum, especially in times when there are occasional waves of excessive negativity and nasty politics. This is a wonderful counterbalance to those exceptions and a major incentive to participate on the Forum.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: