News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Since yesterday I have two spinosaurus of Papo 2019 from urzeitshop and everythingdinosaur and I can say that I am pleasantly surprised. On the other hand, Eofauna's atlasaurus and deinotherium and honestly, not even the best artistic photographs such as the excellent ones of Bokisaurus can be compared in genius to see these three figures physically and have them on your shelves. Highly recommended the three figures. Thank you Bokisaurus for publishing your extensive comments honoring your outstanding collection and your figures and the photographs on that black background are very artistic, but what has been said the real figure in person positively surprises more than the best photographs and articles of those three prehistoric animals in this case. Reality surpasses the best photographs and internet videos of this magnificent figure of Papo and the two Eofauna.

Bokisaurus

Thanks everyone for the comments.
The Spino is really something to be seen in person, I can almost guarantee that what ever reservations you have seeing it in photos will chance once you see it in person 😃

Bokisaurus

Oh one more thing, I am hoping to get the Atlasaurus review posted very sooooonnnn!😂

Concavenator

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 17, 2019, 07:17:15 PM
Oh one more thing, I am hoping to get the Atlasaurus review posted very sooooonnnn!😂

I'm really looking forward to that! 🔥

PhilSauria

I was about to order the Atlasaurus when an email came in from Mini Zoo to alert me to the early arrival in stock of the Papo Spinosaurus, so guess what I've just placed an order for! Well, put on layby. Should have the "over-decorated dragon", as someone called it, in two months. I can wait knowing that I have now secured one of these (and I like dragons!).

Bokisaurus

Okay, so I'm able to post photos, yay! Still trying to navigate.

So I got the first batch of CollectA figures a while back, but just now able to post some photos.
They are all really nice figures and very well detailed despite some of their small size. This really got me excited to the others still to be released!

First is the lovely Bajadasaurus. It a beautiful figure and I will reserve most of my comment for the review of it I am currently working on.
A must have figure for anyone who loves sauropods!
[]
It's small, but packed with lots of details!
[]

Next is Fukuisaurus - a real gem despite its small size. It really is a beautiful and delicate little figure and pairs nicely with the similarly sized Mantellisaurus , in fact if you repaint it they can be a pair. It has a lot of delicate details despite its small size.
[]

Standard size Baryinyx - smaller version of the deluxe, but it has some noticable difference from the larger figure, mostly how the neck, arms, and tail are oriented. Much more dynamic pose-wise than the larger one.
They make a nice juvenile and adult pair. It has a lot of delicate details as well, but could use a little more dry-brushing on the face to bring some of those details out.
[[/[url=https://postimg.cc/5YysyDY0]]]

Now the really beautiful Protoceratops! I love this guy, it's simply amazing and well sculpted figure. The articulation is nice and does not have the prominent seams. This is my favorite version so far. The tail quills could use a little bit of dry-brushing as well to bring out details.
[]

Overall, a very solid and exciting group from CollectA!
[]

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

The four dinosaurs are amazing. Very cool figures and I wish there was a review of the Bajadasaurus. Thank you Bokisaurus for putting the four dinosaurs with other figures of the Collecta brand or other brands in a comparative way.

Libraraptor

Where have you been that long? Beautiful pictures of a bunch of very good figures!

ceratopsian

Thanks for showing us these lovely photos.  I bought all this group (along with the Microraptor and the Diplodocus repaint) and they arrived with me on Saturday - just waiting for some better light than today to photograph them!  My thoughts echo yours: a very strong line-up.  I too was struck by the level of detail CollectA had achieved.  I too love the Fukuisaurus - and had thought it could be repainted to make a pair with the Mantellisaurus!  And the Protoceratops is well worth the money.

Bokisaurus

Hi everyone!
Yeah, these new figures are so awesome I can't wait for the next one!
avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor - my computer died so I'm not able to post photos for a while or reviews!
All my photos were on that computer!
I'm trying out something for now until I can afford to get a new computer.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian - aren't they lovely?
So glad you got the Microraptor already.
When I ordered a while back it still was not available at Minizoo.
So what do you think of the colors, did they pull of the iridescence on the feathers?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 06, 2020, 06:12:14 PM
So what do you think of the colors, did they pull of the iridescence on the feathers?

B @Bokisaurus - The iridescence is stunning - I have yet to see it come out well on a photo though.  It's all there in abundance, mostly on the primaries on arms and legs and on the tail fan. - gold, green, pinkish.  You won't be disappointed.  I managed to take a few photos today of my acquisitions as the light improved - but then work intervened and I haven't had time to check them over yet.  Let alone post them!  It might take a few days.....

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian That's an interesting microraptor with iridescence of colors by Collecta. Is it painted or has Collecta created the effects on the figure in such a way that its feathers change color?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 06, 2020, 08:26:34 PM
avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian That's an interesting microraptor with iridescence of colors by Collecta. Is it painted or has Collecta created the effects on the figure in such a way that its feathers change color?

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus - It must be some sort of iridescent paint.  It appears to change colour like when you see petrol.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 06, 2020, 08:32:16 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 06, 2020, 08:26:34 PM

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus - It must be some sort of iridescent paint.  It appears to change colour like when you see petrol.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian God! That is impressive, every day I like the Collecta brand more. Thanks for the info.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 06, 2020, 06:19:47 PM

B @Bokisaurus - The iridescence is stunning - I have yet to see it come out well on a photo though.  It's all there in abundance, mostly on the primaries on arms and legs and on the tail fan. - gold, green, pinkish.  You won't be disappointed.  I managed to take a few photos today of my acquisitions as the light improved - but then work intervened and I haven't had time to check them over yet.  Let alone post them!  It might take a few days.....

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian - that good to hear! I'm really looking forward to it in person.
I saw a photo of it from ED, I believe it was yours!😃

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 09, 2020, 12:26:44 AM

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian - that good to hear! I'm really looking forward to it in person.

A few photos of the Microraptor can be seen here.

Libraraptor

Hi everyone!
Yeah, these new figures are so awesome I can't wait for the next one!
avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor - my computer died so I'm not able to post photos for a while or reviews!
All my photos were on that computer!
I'm trying out something for now until I can afford to get a new computer.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that  :-[, hope you find a good solution. Heads up!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 09, 2020, 12:26:44 AM

The iridescence is stunning - I have yet to see it come out well on a photo though.  It's all there in abundance, mostly on the primaries on arms and legs and on the tail fan. - gold, green, pinkish.  You won't be disappointed.  I managed to take a few photos today of my acquisitions as the light improved - but then work intervened and I haven't had time to check them over yet.  Let alone post them!  It might take a few days.....

You are correct - that was my photo.

Bokisaurus

Okay, this is a quick one since I'm posting this from work ;D

I have been painting the bases of my CollectA figures to add a little more dimension to them. I like bases on figures. I do understand that painting them elaborately will add considerable cost to the figures, but I wish giving them a quick brown dry-brush just to bring out some of the details.
Anyway, I will post more photos of others, but since I'm short on time, this will just be an introduction.

First up is the Baryonyx standard size.
Before:
[]

After:
[]

Next up is the Lythronax standard size. Unlike the newer ones, the base on this one is so smooth and thin with no details at all.
This makes it a challenge to paint. So I decided to mimic a small drying stream full of algae ;D

Before:
[]

After:
[]

Both repainting are simple and need very little paint. So if you want to improve your bases a little, try painting them.
Next time I will try to post more, including some where I attached other items to it!
Till then, cheers!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: