You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PhilSauria's Paleo Plastic Collection

Started by PhilSauria, January 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Very extensive collection and very nicely displayed. The new shelf unit looks great.

Halichoeres

A very nice display! Like my own, a little crowded, but better than relegating anyone to the closet. :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I'm convinced that there's at least one more mammoth in that collection that hasn't been reviewed for the blog!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 19, 2019, 03:43:12 AM
A very nice display! Like my own, a little crowded, but better than relegating anyone to the closet. :)

Yeah it looks a little crowded front on but there is still daylight between the figures, none of them are in contact with the one next to it. I was determined not to have one of those collections that I have seen online over the years where everything is stacked on top of everything else. I would rather box things off, and there are some in a big plastic storage tub, than reach that point.

Wish I knew how to make that image larger, or link to a larger version to better show off the display.

PhilSauria

Quote from: suspsy on April 19, 2019, 04:11:59 AM
I'm convinced that there's at least one more mammoth in that collection that hasn't been reviewed for the blog!

Again, I wish I could make the image larger so that you could let me know which one. Did you ever receive my review of the Wild republic Mammoth, because I sent it off but I know you had issues with your laptop at one stage and I wasn't sure which of the two addresses I've seen was the right one to be sending to anyhow.

suspsy

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 19, 2019, 04:46:46 AM
Quote from: suspsy on April 19, 2019, 04:11:59 AM

Again, I wish I could make the image larger so that you could let me know which one. Did you ever receive my review of the Wild republic Mammoth, because I sent it off but I know you had issues with your laptop at one stage and I wasn't sure which of the two addresses I've seen was the right one to be sending to anyhow.

I only ever received (and posted) the Favorite Ltd. mammoth. Send that other one again. And maybe scroll through here and see if there are any others:

http://dinotoyblog.com/genus/woolly-mammoth/

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

Not unexpectedly, you have an impressive collection. Especially your congregation of sauropods!

Bokisaurus

Very nice display. Yeah, being a sauropod fan really does have its challenge when it comes to displaying them! I really wish I can display my collection better, but its hard with those long necks! :))

PhilSauria

New Stuff!

Finalised another layby at Mini Zoo last week and a big box arrived yesterday; the Eofauna Giganotosaurus, at last!, a nice batch of new Safaris (the rest of this year's crop not yet available here), and an extant animal in there (another lion, by CollectA).

And this!!! This was the reason that the box was so big - never thought I'd ever get hold of one of these but thanks to Mini Zoo and a batch of overtime at the office here it is. I know that the model does not match the promo image (a situation we have had for years - looking at you Papo) but I am very happy with it. Now has a shelf to itself, in front of some DVDs on a bookcase and right at eye level and it catches my attention every time I come into the room. My mission to buy all of the new Spinosaurs is now back on track. Safari next then Papo but not holding my breath on the Rebor...suffice as to say, eventually.

Jose S.M.

Congratulations! That's a great batch of figures.

ceratopsian

That was an exciting box!  Really happy that you managed the PNSO Spinosaurus too.

Shonisaurus

Nice cast of figures PhilSauria I congratulate you especially for the spinosaurus PNSO and the giganotosaurus of Eofauna. Enjoy these beauties of figures.  :)

PhilSauria

Thanks for the comments.

The Eofauna Giganotosaurus is every bit as impressive as I thought it would be but I was disappointed that on removing it from the plastic that encases the lower half to protect it in transit it must have stood on its own for all of 30 seconds before toppling over onto its side. I performed the recommended 'pistol grip' squeeze on the legs and set it down where it lasted about another 30 seconds before heading for the horizontal again. We have a public holiday over here today which I will be spending the time making a base for this figure, as I noticed that another member has done.

As for the Spinosaurus I have spent a bit of time looking at it and just grow more impressed with it in the process. My wife was a wildlife artist for a while and has been a bit critical of some of the figures on my shelves but she really likes the PNSO sculpts as much as I do.

PhilSauria

Eofauna Giganotosaurus - stability update.

Took a closer look at why this figure was taking a tumble and worked out a solution. I tried placing a 1mm thick piece of Blu-Tack under the inner two toes of the leading foot thus shifting the center of gravity back to directly under the spine and stability now restored! That was five hours ago and it has stayed upright ever since. I have placed it on various surfaces around the house and it stands every time. Now looking for a piece of plastic of the same thickness to trim and glue there permanently.

I still want to make a base for it, only now not to keep it upright but because i think it would look good on one, add to the high-end vibe of this magnificent model.

Halichoeres

Happy for you and other Australian collectors that you can get the PNSO figures from a local vendor now :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

Yes, very happy about the local distributor for PNSO. Some of the pricing can be bettered on Ali Express but I have been dealing with MZ for years, like to support a local business and I can pay the figures off with installments. The last one a biggie as far as not having to find the funds to send off for them in one hit (to the wallet!).

PhilSauria

OMG!!!

My youngest brother came back last week from some work-related time in the US and look what followed him home! He says that it's an early birthday present (but my birthday's not until November!).

And here's its passport photo.

ceratopsian

You must have been a very nice older brother to him!  Seriously, congratulations, so pleased for you.

Jose S.M.

That's a really nice gift! Congratulations.

Killekor

Congrats for receiving that Ceratosaurus avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria ! That's really an exceptional gift for you.

Killekor

P.S. I see that you've added a logo for your collection in the photos. It looks really nice!
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: