News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PhilSauria's Paleo Plastic Collection

Started by PhilSauria, January 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you PhilSauria for your new additions. The PNSO tyrannosaurus is a total improvement over its predecessor.

Collecta's elasmotherium, I really want my store to sell it to me! It will be the largest woolly rhinoceros made to date by a toy brand.

The Mojo dunkleosteus is much smaller than its counterparts from other brands but it is an outstanding figure just like the Mojo triceratops of 2019.

Schleich's diabloceratops has once been a giant step by this German brand that could make figures of the same uniform quality if they were all sculpted by Vlad Konstantinov.

Enjoy your new acquisitions! and especially recover from the flu (if you still have it).

Halichoeres

I still like the Favorite more on general anatomy, but the Mojo does have really good texturing! Nice new gets!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

UPDATE

Just a brief update, good to see that among the same selection of figures that the retailers keep restocking over and over, making a toy hunt in some stores feel like a collector's version of Groundhog Day, some new items do sneak in on the pegs - so it pays to search through right to the back of the shelf, which is how I found a couple of this trio of Mattel additions. So, when not out searching for figures that I usually don't find I have been setting up a new computer after the meltdown of my old one, as any who have done this can attest - quite the 'fun' way to spend your evenings! Also had to recreate my watermark as well, some files were backed up but this missed out.

COMING SOON

Could not believe my eyes when I first saw this after following up on a tip-off from one of the Forum members also from Australia but just a few more payments and I too will be wondering where on earth I can display this. (Actually I do have a spot picked out - just hope that it fits).

Halichoeres

Hey, glad to see you were able to hunt down the Brachiosaurus! I know you like those big sauropods. Can't wait to see it tower over the rest of your herd.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

PhilSauria

Yeah, the store had the Colossal Blue as well, which I saw first but when I saw the Brachiosaurus there was no contest as to which one was going to see money thrown at it!

(I pictured myself as the squirrel in the nut shop from that old Looney Tunes cartoon, Much Ado About Nutting - check it out on You Tube).

The PNSO Huanghetitan has towered over the rest of the herd but I think its towering days are numbered. First pic I'll do is one with those two sizing up to each other.

Faelrin

Congrats on all your recent acquisitions. I'm glad your luck has been a bit better with this stuff as of late.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Really glad you finally found your Brachiosaurus.  Looking forward to photos!

PhilSauria

ADDITIONS

It's here, out of the box, assembled and...BIG!! I've seen images and YouTube vids of this one but until you actually have one in front of you the size of it doesn't really hit home - it is HUGE! I don't always hang onto packaging, which I was very careful to open without damaging, but this one's a keeper.

The previous title-holder for tallest Sauropod in my collection has been resoundingly relegated to second place!

The Brachiosaur figures have traditionally stood head and shoulders above the other Sauropods but this new arrival takes that to a whole new level. In fact it won't even fit up whith the rest of the Sauropods (unless I raise the roof!) so I have had to create a new spot for it to stand.

And here it is with the (until now) largest JP Brachiosaurus out there.

AND IN OTHER NEWS...

One more new arrival, also from Mattel, part-funded by our son as a Birthday present, and one that I am pleased finally turned up over here.

Really like the sculpt on this one and the way the head and neck are on a ball joint, allowing more display options. Check out that profile.

And with the only other Albertosaurus that I have.

Halichoeres

What a behemoth! That Albertosaurus isn't too shabby either.

Shonisaurus

JW brachiosaurus leaves the rest of your giant sauropod figures small even the huanghetitan. On the other hand that Mattel albertosaurus is immense.

PhilSauria

UPDATE

My wife was on a work-related trip out to the sticks and saw these in a gift shop going for $5 AU each, took some picks on her phone and sent them to me asking if they were worth picking up - four retired Schleichs for less than the price of any one of them on eBay - so of course I said buy 'em. The Macrauchenia was the only one that I already had and now with the other one and the small Safari version they make a nice family group. The Bison joins the extants animals, the sloth I could never find or afford when I did so pleased to have that one and that tenacious Smilodon (crossed with a Pit Bull?) is the smallest Smilodon I have and brings the tally of those on the shelf up to eight.

ALSO

Here's a shot of the big Brachiosaurus in its display position in front of the filing cabinet (which I don't access all that often), standing a big Dalek, still in its box, and a box of comic-related action figures that I don't have room to display, completely dwarfing everything on the nearby main shelves.

Thanks for the comments on the last post. I guess that the Albertosaurus is just slightly larger than PNSO's T-rex 'Wilson'. The other Alberto, from Carnegie, 'aint all that large making the Mattel look even bigger.

Bokisaurus

Nice additions! Oh my, that Brachiosaurus is really huge!
It's nice but I simply don't have the space for something that big, very tempting 😃

Faelrin

What a beautiful assortment of figures you have there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

You have a beautiful and complete collection of prehistoric elephants.

ceratopsian

Well done on those Schleichs and full marks to your wife!

SidB

Yeah, that's the kind of spousal support that many collectors can only dream about!

PhilSauria

Thanks, as always, for looking in and leaving comments.

ADDITIONS

This batch from the latest Mini Zoo layby landed on the step a few weeks back when I photographed them but could not find the time for an update, until now. Couple of extant animals, the PNSO Pterosaur which always seemed to be out of stock when I was ready to place an order, until it wasn't, the Diplodocus which I'd been meaning to order for years and the magnificent Eofauna Deinotherium.

FINALLY!!

Thanks to the generosity and assistance of Forum member Faelrin I finally have not just one but both versions of the Mattel Plesiosaurs, just when I'd pretty much given up hope of ever getting hold of either of them! They are are mounted on a custom-built display that is a work in progress at the moment.

ALSO

The extra Macrauchenia that my wife found for me a couple of weeks back (in the rear of this image) , and now makes up a nice family group with the others that I already had, turns out to be not an exact match to the first one. There's a much more pronounced white stripe on the upper lip and the body is a more saturated yellow than the older one, all of which makes for a distinctive look to each one.

Jose S.M.

Great additions! I'm very glad you got the Plesiosaurus!

Libraraptor

Halichoeres

Nice new critters! Always nice when one's significant other is kind enough to keep their head up on behalf of one's collection :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: