News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PhilSauria's Paleo Plastic Collection

Started by PhilSauria, January 23, 2018, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I wish I had that version of the T. rex instead of the bland brown one.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Nice addition to your collection. The PNSO tyrannosaurus vinyl version is a great figure and I think that among collectors her vinyl figure is not yet valued enough for being something retro, however it is a figure that is in the acceptable term and bordering on notoriety.

Bokisaurus

I really like that older PNSO rex, there is something unique about it. I ended up getting the new Wilson V2 ;D I like it very much.

PhilSauria

ADDITIONS

Picked these two up just days before the latest lockdown here. Have not set foot in a department store for seven weeks now (they're all closed). Another Mattel Ceratopsian which is a new arrival to the shelves, well pegs, here. Saw the Coelurus when it first appeared ages ago but it was gone before I got back to it. Did not make the same mistake on its re-appearance.

Found this unbranded curiosity on Ali Express. Definitely a modified interpretation, shall we say, of the IToys Diloph. They've corrected the hands but otherwise it has several traits that we can thank the curruption of this animal that its appearance in Jurassic Park brought about.

I plan to repaint it (especially the head) to more resemble the IToys and make a pair of them.

Another I missed out on when it was first listed, sold out before I could get my order in; but now it's back (along with an extension of the Gosnell range) and I was able to add another large rubber marine reptile to the collection.

And then there's this - one I thought out of my reach but it landed on the doorstep two days ago thanks to me learning that there was a local distributer of these here in Australia and they have a payment plan! Now I'm sure I'll never own the magnificent Sideshow Apatosaurus but this will have to do...now to find a space for it!!

The only other Apatosaurus to come close in size is the big ol' grey Schleich, which is still about 10% smaller than the Nanmu (closer to the camera here so looks bigger than it actually is in comparison).

However, it dwarfs every other Apatosaur that you care to place next to it, for instance:

Faelrin

Congrats on the acquisitions. I had no idea the Nanmu Apatosaurus was so large. Has to be impressive in person I would imagine.

The bootleg IToy Dilophosaurus is interesting too, if not at least the fact they went out of their way to correct the hands.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

A good haul. I hadn't realised how big the Nanmu Apatosaurus was either. It's impressive and captures the feel of the weight of a massive animal.

Bokisaurus

Oooooo nice new additions! I'm really loving that apatosaurus! One day hopefully😃 congratulations!

Shonisaurus

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, Nanmu's apatosaurus impresses me a lot. If it didn't have the tail unglued and it wasn't so enormously big, I'd certainly buy it.

Lanthanotus

Congrats, Phil,... that Nanmu Apatosaurus is a real beaut, with that paint scheme it looks like the big, spiced up brother of the old Bullyland one :)

Halichoeres

Wow, that Nanmu Apatosaurus is a behemoth. Is that Gosnell mosasaur properly hollow, or does it have stuffing or wadding inside?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

I'd say that is has stuffing inside. Although there is some give when you sqeeze it the thing is otherwise quite firm, and there's no air hole underneath which is probably the main clue to its construction. I have the two big Apatosaurs (even though labelled 'Diplodocus') and it's the same deal for them.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PhilSauria

ARRIVALS

Saw a couple more unbranded originals on Ali Express, marine reptiles, so gave them a try.
The Mosasaurus seems to be based on the Jurassic World version. It's quite long at 33 cm, quite solid, reasonably heavy and has jaw articulation. Those teeth are very sharp. The second set of teeth are sculpted inside the mouth but not painted. I've modified the eye to covert the large one with a slit pupul to make it smaller and round for a more naturalistic look. Despite the way it appears in this angle, and the images accompanying the online listing, that tail is quite long, almost as long as the head and body combined. Very scaly on top and smooth underneath. Turned out to be much better quality than I expected on getting it in-hand.

The other one is a pretty decent Kronosaurus, also quite solid and with jaw articulation. Also available in a striped version. Eyes also retouched as they'd had a large yellow area added to make the shiny black eyes look like pupils in a larger eye. The striped one does not have this curious and unecessary addition. The model measures about 28 cm. Took three months to arrive - the norm is about three weeks!

Here they are side by side.

paintingdinos

Nice additions! I like this color scheme for the Kronosaurus better than the striped one posted in the knock off thread. Nice and big too! Wonder who sculpted it and If we'll see more from them.

PhilSauria

The jaw action is quite smooth. They open a reasonable amount and fit together neatly when closed, especially nice match up of the teeth on the Mosasaurus.

Curious that neither has any branding, that Kronosaurus would stack up quite well against product from many of the brands we all know. I'm working on display stands for each, which I'll post at a later date.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your two new additions, the mosasaurus and kronosaurus shown represent two of the most represented marine reptiles in the world today. I was tempted to buy the striped version of the kronosaurus but honestly, I prefer to save money and spend it for other things. Thanks for the photo credit.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on October 27, 2020, 04:31:59 AM
ARRIVALS

Here they are side by side.

Cool figures, I got both just recently, but I opted for the black and white version of the Kronosaur. ^-^

PhilSauria

ceratopsian

Shonisaurus

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria My congratulations on your new acquisitions. You have great taste in choosing PNSO and Mattel figures. Enjoy them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: