You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

As everybody are familiar with the Colorata dinos :

I like better the old retired version  - that I got a while back :

Now, I saw it offered in a collection box :

So, one might ask if it worth having it, just for the sake of the box -
but, it turned out I got a happy surprise, I didn't notice  :

Three of them has a special paint scheme, different than the original ones :

BrontoScorpio

I usually keep my distance from action figure dinos :
acquiring one might seem to be a good idea at first - but, after a while your cabinet resembles a display shelf in a toy store,
and you end up hating the whole concept and just get rid of everything all together -
so, I save myself from all the unnecessary steps and avoid them all together ...

However, sometimes, on rare occasions, some things even I can not resist -
one such example is the "Jurassic Park 2013 Dino Showdown Pachyrhinosaurus" ( originally Clash with Gunner Gordon ) -

And what a nice box it comes with also :

And now it can join the other SHOWDOWN figure in my collection - the Allosaurus :
( Pay attention to look for those with the wound cover is not lost )

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 20, 2020, 05:42:20 PM
Yes, it has it's charm .. you should get one as well.  :)

Nearly as impossible as the Dawn of The Dinosaurs figures. It´s a matter of budget I guess...

Duna

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 22, 2020, 08:20:34 AM

And now it can join the other SHOWDOWN figure in my collection - the Allosaurus :
( Pay attention to look for those with the wound cover is not lost )

I think your display looks fantastic. I myself don't collect action figures but there are some that I really like and yours are two of them ...

CityRaptor

Those two are probably the only good JP action figures Hasbro ever did.  ( Don't count the 2009 Bull T.rex since that is a retool of a Kenner mold ). Naturally they never came to Germany.
If they are packaged like that, it is no wonder the Dino Damage piece gets lost.
So what happened to Gordon? The same thing that always happens to InGen mercs?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Duna on June 22, 2020, 01:45:26 PM think your display looks fantastic. I myself don't collect action figures but there are some that I really like and yours are two of them ...
Thanks,
I too am satisfied with just ONE shelve of action figures : JP, Resaurus, and a Chap mei or two ...
and please don't quote pictures - one copy of every picture
on a page is enough  ...

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 22, 2020, 03:26:31 PM
Those two are probably the only good JP action figures Hasbro ever did. 

Actually - never bothered to know the difference between Hasbro and Kenner . How silly of me.
Naturally they never came to Germany.

They never came here either - had to cross the athlantic on priority mail ....
If they are packaged like that, it is no wonder the Dino Damage piece gets lost.

Actually it usually get lost having the figure loos outside it's box.
So what happened to Gordon? The same thing that always happens to InGen mercs?

LOL ... If you mean he was eaten alive - I agree it's probably so...
I was happy to aquire this model with a TWO digit USD price having missing Gordon -
which, had I got him, would probably end up thrown away into the garbage ...

BrontoScorpio

Two of the last German dinos I was still looking for :

1. A bruised and weary Blue bullyland Batrachotomus - is joining to its reddish friend :

2. The old Trachodon ( Anatosaurus ) from Kleinwelka ( this one is not easy to find at all ) :

Is joining some other members in the family :

ceratopsian

The Trachodon exerts huge nostalgic appeal on this older forum member.

BrontoScorpio

Halichoeres

Those Colorata figures are pretty spiffy! I didn't know they ever came in other paint schemes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 23, 2020, 12:26:27 PM
Yes, but like him - we're also a disappearing breed ...

We are not we are still pretty abundant here. I am 42 years old. Does this mean I belong to the older members?

BrontoScorpio

CityRaptor

I guess it is normal for people to feel nostalgic and therefore collect figures from their time if they want something retro. If you think about it, the 90s were over 20 years ago, the 80s over 30...so yeah, stuff like Dino Riders and Jurassic Park is also old and retro by now.

And there are other factors, to. Collecting Dinosaurs can expensive, especially if collecting rare vintage pieces is involved.   

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 22, 2020, 10:54:54 PM
Actually - never bothered to know the difference between Hasbro and Kenner . How silly of me.

It can be a bit confusing. Basically JP, TLW and Chaos Effect, as well as re-uses of those molds, are Kenner. Despite some of those having their Copyright information changed to have a Hasbro stamp since TLW. Hasbro, who owned Kenner since 1991, shut them down  after the flop of the Star Wars Episode 1 toyline, and fired everyone but ironically the Star Wars guys, who were then involved in the JPIII toyline. Wanna see something funny? At the time Kenner made JP, Hasbro attempted to cash in on the Dinomania with their own G.I. Joe Dino Hunter Playset. The creature in that set looks like this:
Spoiler

[close]
A far cry from Kenner's offerings...

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 22, 2020, 10:54:54 PM
Actually it usually get lost having the figure loos outside it's box.

Well, I meant before purchase. I still got all of my Dino Damage pieces, although the one from my Young Tyrannosaurus has turned into something else for unknown reasons.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 24, 2020, 12:55:23 AM

Wanna see something funny?
At the time Kenner made JP, Hasbro attempted to cash in on the Dinomania with their own G.I. Joe Dino Hunter Playset.
The creature in that set looks like this:
far cry from Kenner's offerings...
What a horrible specimen to put in my thread -
OK, You've made your point.
now, you can please delete it.
Thank you.

Libraraptor

BrontoScorpio

LOL ... if you're realy that keen on feeling young again -
Buy a 15$ Papo Allosaurus or something of a sort and put 20 4MB pictures of it from different angles, like this is your greatest achievement in life ( probably is - when you're 12 y/o ... )
Now you can feel young again   :) :)

BrontoScorpio

Two UnIdentified (?) Ceratops from Japan :

There are many 'Chinasaurs' - but, a small number seem to have greater quality than other.
These two ( if they are indeed  'Chinasaurs' ... ) look like that sort.

The smaller Styracosaurus, Maybe it's a 'Larami' - I'm not sure - The midsection alignment fit the 'Larami' pattern :

A Larami set from old thread by stoneage :

The Big Triceratops :

For me it  is highly resembles this one :

Taken from my 'Hobby Magazine' :

It was made by Araki Kazunari on 2002 - and you can read about it on his web site. or twitter .
Few more pictures of the original thing :

And you can have it too - if you've got 5000$ and change to spare ...  ;) ;) :

BrontoScorpio

Next is the 'Mukawa Ryu' ( むかわ竜 ) or Kamuysaurus ( カムイサウルス ) Resin ver. Done for the Japan 2019 Dino Expo by C.S.Model Design :

It was one of a set of three for the event :

The Capsule set is much more familiar - in one of my previous posts.
One day I'm going to put my hands on Araki's version of this dino :

Meanwhile, he joins the other 'Kanna center' style herbivours in my collection :

BrontoScorpio

Three Museum exclusive Favorite soft models by Hirokazu Tokugawa :

Tarbosaurus & Saurolophus -  the official toy of the special exhibition "The Gobi:Cradle of the most enchanting dinosaur fossils".
and 'Tamba Ryu' ( 丹波竜 ) 'Tamba Dragon' ( たんば竜 ) or Tambatitanis amicitiae ( タンバティタニス・アミキティアエ ) -

The scientific name given In August 2014.
Sold by the Tamba region dinosaur fossil Field Museum.

Out of their packages :

The Tambatitanis next to it's close relative - the Favorite old Brachiosaurus :

BrontoScorpio

SSometimes, I let my obsession of collecting get the better of me -

so, I strive as best to complete all known variants of a set or a figure.

That is the case with this one :
Capcom Dinosaur Expo 2009 'The Miracle of Deserts' Official model no. 1 Mamenchisaurus :
( カプコン 恐竜2009 砂漠の奇跡 のオフィシャルモデル )

Apparently, this figure was issued on 3 occasions - The 2009 expo, IWATE Expo 2010 , and as a collection figure.

The 2009 Expo box is the most elegant and detailed, and add some exploratory data regarding the content :

And these are all three :

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: