You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Monochromes!!! :)  :)  :)
Still always triggering my Invicta addiction I "suffered from" as a child ^-^

BrontoScorpio

LOL ... As it happens, I got some 'Invicta Surprise' coming next week ...

BrontoScorpio

Continue with some more hard plastic monochrome sets ( although I'm not sure if the red eye disqualifies it to be called as such ... )  :

Got these 2 ( almost complete ) sets of Danone dinosaurs from Spain :
Purchased one expensive set - but then spotted the 2nd for a much lower price - couldn't resist - and sent it to Germany to be consolidated with the others :

A full Donone Dinosaurs set of 12 figures :

And another monochrome set from Spain - El Cigarral dinosaurs -
( For such small monochromes, I admit I prefer the Gray, Brown and Black colors over red, green or blue which are too 'extravagant' and unreal )

The two Spanish Dinosaurs sets in comparison :

BrontoScorpio

So, At the end, to conclude, other than my Small dinosaurs shelf ( End of post ) and Monochrome Dinosaurs shelf ( End of post ) -
I got those, that were left out -  from lack of space :

Contents : HJ Miller, Marolin/Plaho, Unundentified (4) , Bullyland standard size, Schleich Classics, Danone, El Cigarral

and, the new looks on my Kleinwelka shelf ( End of post ) .

Faelrin

A bit late on this but I just caught wind of your WWD collection (especially all the in box ones wow! And I thought I was lucky to get the T. rex in box thanks to avatar_Duna @Duna), from the member I just mentioned. Truly impressive you've gotten your hands on all of those. And thanks for sharing them here with us.

One request if I may, do you have an image, or can you get an image of all them together but focusing on the backs of the ones in box? Again I have the T. rex but I'm curious what the others are like.

Have you also thought about contributing individual images of each to the toyanimalwiki of these boxed in figures (unless they are already there, been a while since I last checked)? I think things like these should be archived so not to be lost to time (even if kept in safe hands right now). But only if you feel comfortable or have the time to do so of course.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

BrontoScorpio

About my Toyway BBC WWD - Thank you Duna for the reference.
That is an interesting request indeed, maybe I should have thought about it on time.
Unfortunately, all are now packed well in Nylon and cushions inside a big box - and I don't fill like going through the effort of unpacking and repacking.
Also, I invest a lot of effort in this forum describing many 'forgotten' items, many are far more rare than the Toywat WWD line -
I don't think I have any energy left beyond that.

But, it is rude leaving you with nothing, so I googled a bit - and what I found out is that every box has its own unique set of photos from the TV serie :

Tyrannosaurus :

- Stegosaurus, Iguanodon , Utahraptor , Liopleurodon :

Faelrin

Oh thank you so much for spending time doing that, even if they weren't the ones in your collection. I fully understand not wanting to dig out things packed away.

It never dawned on me to search online for those myself, but then I was too shocked that many were still out there, like in your collection. Nearly all the time I encounter these figures for sale they've been loose so I was very happy when Duna found and helped me get the T. rex in box, and also pointed me to your thread recently. Like I said I am very glad to see you got your hands on all of those, and it's good knowing they are in safe hands, especially among a fellow forum member.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blackdanter

No Marolin/Pleho Rex?

It's only the greatest Rex figure ever reimagined in plastic!

BrontoScorpio

LOL ... I used to dislike the Marolin Rex, because of its grotesque appearance, so when come the chance - I didn't add it to the bunch.
But, now when I'm older I do see the appeal.
Maybe I'll get it - Thanks for reminding.

BrontoScorpio

Not the usual thing I normaly buy - The Safari 681904 Feathered Dinos TOOB :

Actually I bought it just for the small Protoceratops - to join on the corner of the shelf the other small Safari ceratops -
First, the Torosaurus from the Sue collection of the Field museum .
and especially, The amazing looking Leptoceratops :

However, I was a bit dissappointed, since the listing showed one color scheme - and the actual product I got turned to be rather different -
It appears there are 2 versions  - I wanted the one on top - and I got the one at the bottom :

So, I quickly ordered the Other version of Protoceratops  - here they are in comparison :

Now Leptoceratops and Protoceratops seem much better suited :

In fact, they are so fine I could not resist ordering a small bunch for aDiorama :

The Leptoceratops is, in my opinion, one of Safari's finest, I like their 'greenish' dinos, This one in particular reminds me the color scheme of the safari Hypacrosaurus :

CityRaptor

Yes, that is common with the toobs.Safari tends to change the paint into something simpler after a while. What you thought you would get is the older color scheme, but you got the new one. Online retailers often do not update their pics to reflect that. Can be frustrating if you are after the old version.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BrontoScorpio

Got the 10th set of the 'Kaiyodo Capsule Q / miniQ - Museum Dinosaur Discovery 10 -  The strongest hunter biography - Cretaceous North America'
( 海洋堂 カプセルQミュージアム  恐竜発掘記10 最強ハンター列伝 -白亜紀北米編-) that was mentioned earlier in this forum :

I realy enjoy assemble them all - and seeing how nicely they all fit ...

The lineup :
- Tyrannosaurus (black)
- Tyrannosaurus (Brown)
- Triceratops
- Dakotaraptor
- Ornithomimus

As if we did not have enough Kaiyodo capsule T-rexes - not one, but another 2 versions :

All my Kaiyodo Capsule T-rex issues :

The new look of the Kaiyodo Capsule shelves :

Also got the corresponding Mount\Cardboard [台紙] - joining previous issues mounts :

From the other side :

BrontoScorpio

Some more PNSO Dinosaurs -
Took the advantage of a sudden 20% discount on PNSO-Aliexpress and made a huge purchase.

I don't wish to burden members with the same item shots already found in numerous numbers accross the Forum -
I'll try to create some additional value by taking some group shots and other material that depends on how I organize it.

After a year and so since the PNSO new wave rush - this is my fourth installment ( 2nd and 3rd )  :

Some 9 new Boxes :

Got them out :

And lined them up , all in 1:35 scale :

From above :

• Stegosaurus Biber & Rook
  • New Doyle The Triceratops
  • Torosaurus Aubrey & Dabei
  • Luxiong The Zhuchengtyrannus
  • Xinchuan the Sinraptor
  • Fergus the Acrocanthosaurus
  • Chongzuo the Sinopliosaurus
  • XiaoQin The Tsintaosaurus
  • Harvey The Iguanodon

Out of the 9 - The 4 big Boxes had some many additional posters along.

- Posters added inside the 'New Doyle The Triceratops' Box :

- Posters added inside the 'Torosaurus Aubrey & Dabei' Box :

- Posters added inside the 'Harvey The Iguanodon' Box : 

- Posters added inside the 'XiaoQin The Tsintaosaurus' Box : 

- The 5th Box, somewhat smaller  of 'Stegosaurus Biber & Rook ' had this inside : 

In detail :

And it's a good opertunity to realy compare the two PNSO Stegosaurs :

The other 4 figures came inside smaller simple boxes - with only these modest booklets inside :

• Luxiong The Zhuchengtyrannus
  • Xinchuan the Sinraptor
  • Fergus the Acrocanthosaurus
  • Chongzuo the Sinopliosaurus

Some more artistic posters inside :

And also these :

BrontoScorpio

As it happens, now it's a good oppertunity to gather all boxes that accumulated here and there and give them one last shot -
before putting them all inside one big box at the warehouse.

Here they are - all 39 boxes :

Had to climb a ladder for this angle ... :

And 3 others that AliExpress sent without a box :

All together 42 !

and if we're at it - it's now or never -  it is also a good chance to take pictures from what inside those other old boxes :

- those four came along with large booklets :

- and these 18 items came with only leaflets :

- Also 4 miniature ceratops - I could not resist :

- And some flying reptiles that fit in scale :

- 3 posters that came along earlier :

- And to finish up - the best posters I could find - hidden inside.
had to spread them all over the living room to take this shot :

At the end - only one thing is still missing - what's left it to have them all sorted on the shelf  ...

As remember - This was the current state of my new PNSO wave :

Had to free up some space and made them all feel a bit crowded :

Walla ! All have found their place :

And there is the final look of my PNSO collection :

ceratopsian

That is quite some haul. The "best posters" shot is a good reminder of how good they can look en masse. I too find the mini ceratopsians irresistible.

Duna

What an incredible set. :)  It's very pleasant to see how they compare as a whole and the beauty of the posters art.

BrontoScorpio

Next, from 'Yujin' company which I always find somewhat mysterious and unique -

Yujin - Gachapon - Dino Museum  ( ユージン - ガチャポン - ダイノミュージアム ) :

- Saichania ( from Set I )
- Therizinosaurus ( from Set II )

It comes from the 'Dino Museum' ( ダイノミュージアム )  set ( I + II ) of 12 figures :

I did not know it before, but if you look carefully - those 2 figures come in different colors than on the information paper.
Apparently there are 2 color sets, so I'm happy I got the 2 versions of the Therizinosaurus, which is my favorite of this set :

Obviously, I do not own the complete 2 sets of 24 figures :

The ones I got came each with an Information pedestal :

But, I decided to exhibit the 10 I got without it :

BrontoScorpio

Medal in 3 formats - single, double and keychain :

Inside - 3 versions of Tyrannosaurus ( ティラノサウルス ) :

from 3 different events :

• Great Dinosaur Expo Medal 1981 ( 大恐竜博 メダル  1981  )
  • World's Largest Dinosaur Expo ( 世界最大の恐竜博  ) - World Tour in Osaka :
                    - Medal 1994.07.31
                    - Medal Key Holder 1994.07.09/Osaka ATC ( メダル キーホルダー 1994.07.09/大阪ATC )

And, another version og the 'World's Largest Dinosaur Expo' 1994  'World Tour in Osaka' :
- quite pricey this one ...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: