News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

Shonisaurus

avatar_Joey @Joey I pray that it is an atlasaurus.

Renecito

That could be anything, a Paraceratherium maybe?
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Jose S.M.

To me it looks more reptilian than mammalian, it's greenish in color which is not seen often in mammalian representations. But it's a very tiny fraction of an image so it can be deceiving, I'm very excited to see it full.

PhilSauria

Could someone please post the image for those of us who are not on Facebook? Much appreciated.

stargatedalek

Almost certainly Atlasaurus. The texture has some sections with visible scales, the flattened foot seems unlikely for something besides a sauropod, and the slope of the back is quite extreme as expected more or less solely from Atlasaurus.

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

PhilSauria

Thanks for posting the pic.

The reveal not being from the feet up as has been done in the past would in my opinion lead further weight to this being a Sauropod (I hope!) as these animals have such distinctive feet that would give the game away straight off, but I guess we still would be left wondering which species. Looks like they are sticking with their muted colour schemes as well.

Can't wait for the 'doors' to open wider. Whatever it is they can have my money right now, based on what we have had so far from this company. Between Eofauna and PNSO we are being well-served with naturalistic models for our shelves.

tanystropheus

At the very least, I will have a complete Eofauna collection  ;D

P.S: It's probably a green pachyderm ;)

Syndicate Bias

Aren't they supposed to be revealing three new figures this year?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 08, 2019, 12:36:33 AM

Revealing and releasing are two different things, no?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 08, 2019, 01:44:55 AM

Releasing comes afterwards

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 08, 2019, 02:51:07 AM

Oh, yeah. I know that, but what did Eofauna actually say, I can't quite remember. Did they say they were revealing or releasing three more figures for 2019?  I know things get real complicated whenever REBOR reveals stuff (and, Vitae to some degree). PNSO is doing extremely well with delivering (after a subpar 2018 schedule) ...at a rate that is almost impossible to keep up with...

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 08, 2019, 10:28:25 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 08, 2019, 02:51:07 AM

Oh, yeah. I know that, but what did Eofauna actually say, I can't quite remember. Did they say they were revealing or releasing three more figures for 2019?  I know things get real complicated whenever REBOR reveals stuff (and, Vitae to some degree). PNSO is doing extremely well with delivering (after a subpar 2018 schedule) ...at a rate that is almost impossible to keep up with...

yeh I'm not quite sure to be honest. I think it might have been a runour and I must've mistaken it for their word. I think at most we might get 2 reveals given how late in the year it already is

Bokisaurus

Atlasaurus is my guess... please let it be, that would be sweet!

Halichoeres

I'm also hoping for Atlasaurus, although truthfully most sauropods would be welcome in my book.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I have my hopes that it is an atlasaurus I like exotic and rare sauropods in their forms, as I repeated in another post, the atlasaurus would be a very obscure and very rare sauropod in the toy market.

PhilSauria

I too am hoping for the very unusual Atlasaurus and hopefully somewhere in the size range of the Safari Camarasaurus. Sauropods are very impressive animals and I feel that they are best served in model form by being somewhat on the larger size. Just my preference.
Found the image from How It Works (issue 126) and wondered (if it is to be this animal) that this is the section that we are seeing.

suspsy

I'm really psyched at the prospect of the first ever Atlasaurus toys. I wonder how it'll size up alongside the previous three Eofauna toys.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

I'm another one very much hoping for Atlasaurus.  Fingers crossed it meets expectations!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: