News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

It is understandable that the next dinosaur is the triceratops. I understand that Eofauna tries to please all its buyers on the one hand for those who wish to collect the dinosaurs of a lifetime, that is to say "classic dinosaurs" such as triceratops and even giganotosaurus and on the other hand those who want new figures of dinosaurs and others prehistoric animals unpublished in the toy market or that are very obscure (little treated) as with the palaeoloxodon antiquus and the atlasaurus imelakei. Honestly it seems to me an equitable decision for both types of consumers and reasonable at the same time.

I hope that even Eofauna triceratops exceeds or at least equals in genius its Safari counterpart for me the best triceratops figure so far. We need more scientific triceratops based on the most recent paleontological research.

Ravonium

Just a question; where's everyone getting the idea that the second figure will be a Triceratops from?

Quote from: suspsy on May 01, 2019, 01:27:32 PM
Only problem for some collectors (myself not included) is that it wouldn't be in scale with the Giganotosaurus and the elephants.

This reply is late, but the CollectA Pachycephalosaurus, while not being perfectly in scale with the Eofauna Giga, is pretty close to being so (both figures are in the 1:35-1:40 range)

John

My question is where's everyone getting the idea that there will even be a second figure released at the same time as the Atlasaurus?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Ravonium

Quote from: John on August 12, 2019, 07:53:52 AM
My question is where's everyone getting the idea that there will even be a second figure released at the same time as the Atlasaurus?

It's from this blog entry by Everything Dinosaur: https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2019/08/09/new-prehistoric-animal-model-from-eofauna-scientific-research.html

tanystropheus

Quote from: Concavenator on August 12, 2019, 08:59:36 AM
It's here  8) :

https://www.facebook.com/EoFauna/photos/a.494257077281866/3582633328444210?type=3&sfns=mo

It's beautiful and distinctive (it even features the same pattern as their illustration). Will definitely pick it up.

stegosauria

Quote from: John on August 12, 2019, 07:53:52 AM

Because EverythingDinosaur also posted the thin slab of pictures of the new figure and in the post they wrote that Eofauna will introduce two new figures in autumn. And the Triceratops is either a few people's wishes and mistakenly the wish turned into a rumour (like a little the Papo Giganotosaurus) or it's originated from here: http://www.eofauna.com/figures/triceratops-skeleton
But by this Eofauna already made a Triceratops skeleton restoration (maybe even before their mammoth figure if the order means anything). But they did an Ajkaceratops skull replica too when the only things known about that species are the beaks (both lower and upper) and a few bones still attached to the upper beak so you can see the front part of the nasal cavity aaand that's all.

And here's Eofauna Deviantart page and there are a few pictures of Triceratops: https://www.deviantart.com/eofauna/gallery/

stegosauria

Wow!
Wow once because this figure is really elegant and beautiful and wow again because somehow I managed to upload a picture here from Facebook.

Ravonium

Nicely sculpted and proportioned figure! I'm also glad that they kept the colour scheme they gave the How It Works reconstruction, as it suits the species well  :)

(BTW: Just a bit of advice for future reference, you probably shouldn't upload the images directly from FB, as they have a habit of changing the URLs, meaning the image will inevitably be broken)

Nanuqsaurus

Wow, a great representation of a weird looking sauropod! I wasn't very familiar with Atlasaurus before, but there's no doubt I'm gonna get this figure for my collection! :D Amazing work on the sculpt, as we can expect from Eofauna it looks detailed and lifelike. I'm a fan of the colors too, it's a nice balance between ''classic sauropod'' and ''bright and colorful'', and it's very believable. 

Shonisaurus

It is identical to the atlasaurus shown in the magazine that Eofauna announced. Honestly for me it will be a must buy I would like to know how much that figure measures. It's the dark sauropod I've always dreamed of, at least the atlasaurus I've always wanted. I am glad that Eofauna combines classic figures of prehistoric animals such as giganotosaurus with obscure figures such as atlasaurus, I think there is no figure of that sauropod in the toy market and even among resin figures.

My congratulations to the Eofauna brand and they already know where they are going to have a buyer insurance.

suspsy

Looks fantastic. Now my only concern is what it'll cost.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on August 12, 2019, 11:17:25 AM
Looks fantastic. Now my only concern is what it'll cost.

I guess it will cost a lot of money if the sauropod is done at a 1:40 scale and the size of the camarasaurus taking into account the quality of the painting and the detailed sculpture will cost at least a third more than the Safari camarasaurus. I know it is a simple opinion but I think the figure costs what it costs to buy it. I celebrate that in October it will be available for sale. It is a beautiful dinosaur and I honestly like obscure prehistoric animals without that meaning that I will buy yes or yes the Eofauna triceratops that I almost certainly will do this magnificent brand of collectible figures although they are made of PVC are rather figures of collection intended for adults and worthy of decorating their replicas next to the skeletons of dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals the most important and best natural science museums in the world.

PhilSauria

Soon as this one shows up at Mini Zoo I'll be placing my order for this very unusual looking Sauropod.

Great job Eofauna!

ITdactyl

Loving the Canada goose pattern.
Oh Eofauna... My wallet just went through a double bypass, and you decide to pull this out of your magic hat...

Flaffy

Amazing! The details look even better than the Giganotosaurus. Love the elegance of the model.
Can't wait to see what figure they have in store for us next.

stegosauria

Quote from: Ravonium on August 12, 2019, 10:23:16 AM
Nicely sculpted and proportioned figure! I'm also glad that they kept the colour scheme they gave the How It Works reconstruction, as it suits the species well  :)

(BTW: Just a bit of advice for future reference, you probably shouldn't upload the images directly from FB, as they have a habit of changing the URLs, meaning the image will inevitably be broken)

I just wanted to help quickly for those who can't open a FB link. I saw a text under the picture to see in full size, I tapped it and the picture opened in a new page and its URL didn't contain facebook (at least in the front part) so I thought this will be good for now. If this URL will change the admins decide to change that I won't complain.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stegosauria on August 12, 2019, 12:05:24 PM

I just wanted to help quickly for those who can't open a FB link. I saw a text under the picture to see in full size, I tapped it and the picture opened in a new page and its URL didn't contain facebook (at least in the front part) so I thought this will be good for now. If this URL will change the admins decide to change that I won't complain.

It's fine, I link to Facebook images myself sometimes. :) The image will probably disappear after a few months but it is convenient for now, and a picture will undoubtedly be added permanently to the "new for..." section.

The models looks amazing! Great choice of species, too, we are so used to more familiar species that this really helps to demonstrate how much more variation there was in sauropods.

stegosauria

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 12, 2019, 12:16:41 PM
Quote from: stegosauria on August 12, 2019, 12:05:24 PM

It's fine, I link to Facebook images myself sometimes. :) The image will probably disappear after a few months but it is convenient for now, and a picture will undoubtedly be added permanently to the "new for..." section.

The models looks amazing! Great choice of species, too, we are so used to more familiar species that this really helps to demonstrate how much more variation there was in sauropods.

Oh, thanks the answer! Now I just hope soon Eofauna will show a few close pictures (I'm really curious about the head).

Shonisaurus

I need to know how much this figure measures in centimeters. Confirmation of when the atlasaurus will be sold in everythingdinosaur or urzeitshop for two examples and I would like to see it in person and that the painting of the prototype model does not vary dramatically with the real atlasaurus.

I have bad experiences with Papo's brown tyrannosaurus and Papo's allosaurus 2019 repainted.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: