News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Andreioli

ED says two models in the autumn, see Facebook post.
Also their slice is different.

Ravonium

Me personally, this looks even more like Atlasaurus than the other slice (which I do still think is Atlasaurus)

Shonisaurus

I sincerely hope that it is an atlasaurus I like it more than Eofauna focuses on obscure figures in the market of collectibles and toys. There are prehistoric animals that are not in production in PVC, vinyl or resin that children and collectors would like equally. They do not always have to be tyrannosaurus, triceratops, brachiosaurus, mammoth, dimetrodon, smilodon or parasaurolophus to give several examples. There is a metaphorically speaking infinity of species that should be treated or that are poorly treated as the muttaburrasaurus that I only know of Invicta and Animals of Australia.

I cross my fingers to make it an atlasaurus.

Takama

EoFauna posted another Teaser on there Facebook Page.

All i can say is that THERE IS NO DENYING that it is a Atlasaurus. (Or a very tall sauropod at the very least)

Ravonium

I think Takama's post has summed up my opinion on this image better than I could  ^-^

Shonisaurus

Hurray is an atlasaurus I am almost certain.

Jose S.M.

Almost sure is the Atlasaurus, which would be a great addition to any collection. Obscure sauropods are rarely made and the company that took that risk more often was collecta, but on their not very good years. Safari did very good with their Malawisaurus and now this new Eofauna figure will be great I'm sure

Dinoreplicas

Teasing us with a flash of leg ;)

Bokisaurus

Yup, Atlasaurus for sure ^-^ ^-^
And based on just that little slice, the details looks amazing!
I just hope it's a good size one.

Jose S.M.

They said their sauropods are going to be at 1:40 scale and I think Atlasaurus is estimated to have been 15 meters in length so that put it in a similar size than Safari's Camarasaurus. Their proportions might be different but at least that gives an idea I think.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'll admit that I mistook the original slither to be from a Proboscidean, but today's image all but confirms that it is indeed the Atlasaurus. That will make a fine addition to my collection...
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Even if it was a really cool one like Stegotetrabelodon or Platybelodon, a third probosidean still would have been kind of a letdown.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lanthanotus

Altasaurus, ... it looks very much like that picture from the "how it works" magazine..... fine, another must have and the first weirdo sauropod by Eofauna :D

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on August 09, 2019, 10:05:41 PM
Even if it was a really cool one like Stegotetrabelodon or Platybelodon, a third probosidean still would have been kind of a letdown.

I don't think it would be a letdown at all. I actually am looking forward to Eofauna continuing their prehistoric elephant line.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on August 09, 2019, 08:47:42 PM
I'll admit that I mistook the original slither to be from a Proboscidean, but today's image all but confirms that it is indeed the Atlasaurus. That will make a fine addition to my collection...

It's a green Proboscidean  ;)

Renecito

I think it's a Sauropod, and I am loving the colours!.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 09, 2019, 10:46:04 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 09, 2019, 10:05:41 PM

I don't think it would be a letdown at all. I actually am looking forward to Eofauna continuing their prehistoric elephant line.

Agreed. I hope the second one will be a proboscidean but i think it will be a triceratops.

Shonisaurus

It may be the second Eofauna dinosaur (third if we consider giganotosaurus) a triceratops but we sincerely have many triceratops in the market, a medusaceratops or a kosmoceratops or other triceratops-like ceraptosides and less commercialized and represented in the collecting market and in The toy market such as chasmosaurus, arrhinoceratops, diceratops, anchiceratops or torosaurus would be good bets for the Eofauna brand. They are obscure ceraptosides in the market and what is better they do not "differ" much in their appearance to triceratops. It could be a better idea.

Although a scientific triceratops by Eofauna would not upset me either.

Concavenator

I think it's safe to assume that it is indeed going to be an Atlasaurus.

As for the second figure, my bet is Triceratops.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: