News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Godzilla Thread

Started by Takama, August 02, 2012, 12:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RolandEden on March 09, 2014, 01:48:21 AM
Thanks mate!
For me the Mutos are Cloverfield cousins! At least will be a true american godzilla instead the emmerich movie...

Exactly..they sure like the Cloverfield monster..maybe that's on purpose ?  You know Godzilla will flatten them !

Brontozaurus

I read that if the new Godzilla movie does well enough for a sequel, it'll take inspiration from Destroy All Monsters WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on March 09, 2014, 06:59:30 AM
I read that if the new Godzilla movie does well enough for a sequel, it'll take inspiration from Destroy All Monsters WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME.

Cool. I heard they were going to license more Toho monsters for a sequel. This film is already hyping up good..I honestly can't see it not doing well unless the film is a viewing flop on all levels.

sauroid

Cloverfield was basically inspired by japanese kaijus in the first place.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on March 09, 2014, 07:48:10 AM
Cloverfield was basically inspired by japanese kaijus in the first place.

True..but it's design was kinda..I 'm not sure how to put this..unappealing ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

sauroid

awesome. i hope the toy scalpers wont get to them first.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SpartanSquat

Godzilla Final trailer.!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64c6VLNJQiE
Also the last week a friend and job mate gift me the 2 Godzilla 2014 chibi set. Veyr detailed I must said.

sauroid

Blade-of-the-Moon

The showed the entire Hawaii scene at Wondercon I think ?  Looked pretty awesome.  Had everything right up until Godzilla roars his challenge at the flying Muto.

I really do think Godzilla has a bit of a bear look to him this go round..the movement I caught a glimpse of enforces that.  Really reminded me of a grizzly up on it's hind legs.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 21, 2014, 05:44:51 PM
The showed the entire Hawaii scene at Wondercon I think ?  Looked pretty awesome.  Had everything right up until Godzilla roars his challenge at the flying Muto.

I really do think Godzilla has a bit of a bear look to him this go round..the movement I caught a glimpse of enforces that.  Really reminded me of a grizzly up on it's hind legs.
Yep they showed yesterday. Well in reality that muto its the baby! An infant. There will be 2 adults.
And you are right Blade. The new Godzilla have some bear features like the walking style, the snout even the fight style! Other animals that inspired are Komodo Dragons and Crocodile.

Gwangi

My local Wal-mart has a ton of Godzilla movies in stock and I thought anyone here living near one might want a heads up on that. Most of them are in the $5-10 range and they have almost every title in addition to other monster movies. I don't know about you guys but these movies have been hard to find for me and usually cost a lot too, offline anyway. I brought home 10 of them including "King Kong Escapes".

Takama

Did they have Atragon, Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla 1, Son Of Godzilla in Stock?    Those are the ones im looking for, and I cant find them for a cheap price even with this movie coming out.

I plan on seeing the new one tomorrow at 7:00pm, not midnight, 7:00pm. does that make me one of the earliest viewers?

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Takama on May 14, 2014, 11:44:27 PM
Did they have Atragon, Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla 1, Son Of Godzilla in Stock?    Those are the ones im looking for, and I cant find them for a cheap price even with this movie coming out.

I plan on seeing the new one tomorrow at 7:00pm, not midnight, 7:00pm. does that make me one of the earliest viewers?
Not even close. Many critics and others have already seen the movie in pre-showings.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on May 14, 2014, 11:44:27 PM

Nope, none of those I'm afraid.

I also plan on seeing the movie tomorrow. From the reviews I've seen it's looking to be really good. 85% approval rating on Rotton Tomatoes.

Takama

I just seen the new movie.   It rocked.    And muto's were the best cretures I ever seen in a godzilla movie

Blade-of-the-Moon

no spoilers please, I'll be seeing tomorrow.  :)

Mutos are better than Anguirus ? No way !

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 16, 2014, 04:34:05 AM

I did not think there presence were a spoiler. You likely seen them in the toys.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on May 16, 2014, 04:44:50 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 16, 2014, 04:34:05 AM

I did not think there presence were a spoiler. You likely seen them in the toys.

lol I know of them, just wanted to head of the problem at the pass you know ?

Paleogene Pals

All right! Godzilla trashing cities and fighting monsters and no Matthew Broderick in sight! I did buy the soundtrack to the movie already, very good from start to finish. I can take that as a positive sign right?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: