News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dragonrider02's DinoArt

Started by DragonRider02, May 04, 2018, 04:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonRider02

Lambeosaurus with PNSO-inspired coloration

Halichoeres

Nicely done. I like the mallard-inspired Buitreraptor as well.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DragonRider02

This time I'll show some small drawings from two of my sketchbooks. The last three are quite old, but I totally forgot about them!
Dromaeosaurus
Cearatosaurus
Cryolophosaurus
Sinosauropteryx
...and this dumb drawing of Punk Anchiornis character I made for no particular reason. I just though it would be fun thing to draw, since real animal actually had a red mohawk-like crest. I guess he would make a cool cartoon character.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Beautiful artwork, also love the punk Anchiornis lol
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Nice paleoart. I really like the lambeosaurus inspired by the cool PNSO sculpture.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wonderful art! Another Thread, i just saw now. Way too late :D
What a great idea to use Figures for Artworks.

DragonRider02

Grazing Stegosaurus I haven't drawn any Stegosaurs since I was very little. Thyreophoran dinosaurs were my least favorite to draw, becouse of their complex plates/spikes/armors. The amount of tiny spikes and plates was just kind of overwhelming for 5 year old me to draw.
Pterodaustro
Velociraptor I accidentaly painted left foot's sickle claw on the wrong side. I covered most of it with grass but it's still visable to be too much on the outer side of the foot. Oh well. I guess I can pretend this raptor was born with some anatomiacal abnormality :P

Concavenator

You are very talented, your paintings are absolutely beautiful and I love the natural feel on them. Feels nice scrolling through this thread.

Halichoeres

Ooh, really liking that Pterodaustro.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

You have a great talent for illustration and painting. That ptedodaustro is cool and I think the stegosaurus is even cooler. I have books with illustrations of dinosaurs that compared to your drawings are childish and less finished than yours, your illustrations are magnificent they remind me of pop art these illustrations of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. My congratulations you are a good artist and you have a better talent.

DragonRider02

I haven't updated this thread in a while, haven't I
Resting Styracosaurus with obvious colors inspiration. David Silva even featured this painting on Creative Beasts Studio Facebook page!  ;D

Carnotaurus portrait I made a big mistake on this painting- I accidentaly put the horns behind the eyes, instead of above them, as they should be...

...and a bonus TF fanart. Age of Extinction-inspired. Mostly an excuse for me to draw G1-ish Grimlock but with more scientifically-accurate T.Rex look.

Stegotyranno420

Amazing work
Say, how much time does it take for you to make your average art piece

DragonRider02

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on September 18, 2021, 07:13:20 PM
Amazing work
Say, how much time does it take for you to make your average art piece
Thank You.
It depends, but usually 2-3 hours for coloring alone.

DragonRider02

Dilophosaurus with super exaggerated crest ornamentation I really like how this turned out, maybe I'll even frame it and display somewhere in my room.
Also, I added a close up of the head detail on my IG account, so you can go check it out there: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUFK83tqj7R/

Shonisaurus

What an imagination you have! It is a super attractive creature.

DragonRider02

Thalassodromeus
atopodentatus watercolor with PNSO figure's coloration
Bajadasaurus

Dusty Wren

Oh, man, I love that Thalassodromeus so much. The combination of the crest pattern and the brushstrokes you used for the painting give it such a great sense of motion. He looks like he's striding forward, ready to put on a dominance display.
Check out my customs thread!

Shonisaurus

I see that your atopodentatus is based on the painting on his PNSO homolog. They are very beautiful drawings. Thanks for sharing your artwork.

DragonRider02

It's been a while since I updated this thread. I was really busy for the past two months and I didn't have time to paint dinosaurs. But I finally have something to share:

Saurophaganax white and purple colors are rarely used in dinosaur reconstructions, so I decided to combine both in one painting. Also I kinda wish I didn't add the red spots, they turned out looking a bit too much like bleednig wounds...

Linheraptor with BotM-inspired coloration.
here's bonus work-in-progress photo

Safari Ltd. inspired T.Rex painting.

DragonRider02

Quetzalcoatlus Casual painting, done to test some interesting body and crest patterns for upcoming project.
Valentine's Day Special: Proceratosaurus pair

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: