News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

Since nobody replied in the thred I opened, I'll try asking here: I have some concerns for the european distribution of the Tyrannosaur Series. As far as I undrestood, Silva has an agreement with Everything Dinosaurs to send backers in Europe their models. I'm just concerned that, thanks to Brexit, for UE countries shipping from UK is more or less equal, price-wise to shipping from US, due to VAT. Any past experience with the ceratopsian series?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Flaffy

Quote from: Leyster on January 12, 2022, 11:27:17 AM
Since nobody replied in the thred I opened, I'll try asking here: I have some concerns for the european distribution of the Tyrannosaur Series. As far as I undrestood, Silva has an agreement with Everything Dinosaurs to send backers in Europe their models. I'm just concerned that, thanks to Brexit, for UE countries shipping from UK is more or less equal, price-wise to shipping from US, due to VAT. Any past experience with the ceratopsian series?

Might be worth contacting David directly about this. I'm sure there are other EU collectors who would like to know.

Leyster

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Everything_Dinosaur

With regards to fulfilment operations related to the Beasts of the Mesozoic kickstarter campaigns and in regard to the sending of parcels to our thousands of customers in the European Union, we can make the following statement.

The UK officially left the European Union on 31st January 2020 (at 11pm CET), there then followed a transition period where nothing changed, giving all parties the time to adjust to the new trading arrangements, this ended on 31st December 2020.  Since that date, Everything Dinosaur has offered a fully tracked and delivery duty paid (DDP) service for all our customers in the EU.  Everything Dinosaur pays the duty for the customer.  We have also become members of the Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) scheme, which whilst not part of Brexit, is a European initiative to harmonise the payment of VAT across Europe.  We are registered in Ireland for this purpose and by doing so we ensure that the VAT applied on all purchases is the correct amount for each European country and that VAT received is then submitted to that person's national tax authority.  All our customers can be assured that Everything Dinosaur has done all it can and continues to ensure compliance with international taxation laws.

With regards to DDP deliveries, since the UK started its new relationship with the EU we have sent out thousands of parcels to customers - every single one DDP and with (as far as we know, as we have never received any comment about a customer of ours having to pay extra for a parcel), not a single problem.

We would also add that in July 2021 new EU legislation came into force - this is called EU 2019/1020 market surveillance regulations.  It has come about due to the huge number of items being purchased by EU customers which originate from outside the EU.  The Beasts of the Mesozoic range would be affected by this legislation - as would Nanmu Studio, ITOY Studio, W-Dragon and such like.

Unless someone in the supply chain takes responsibility for ensuring product safety such as CE accreditation within the EU then the sale of an item would be illegal and subject to being held up at the EU port of entry.  We can assure all forum members, that as Everything Dinosaur is a responsible company and well aware of our obligations under international law, we have ensured that all the Beasts of the Mesozoic, Nanmu Studio, ITOY Studio, W-Dragon etc that we sell are registered in the EU and comply fully with EU 2019/1020.  Everything Dinosaur has registered in Germany for this purpose (at considerable expense we might add).

We were responsible for all European and UK Beasts of the Mesozoic fulfilment operations for Wave 3 ceratopsians, as we had been for earlier fulfilment operations concerning Beasts of the Mesozoic kickstarters,  this operation was undertaken in mid-December when the shipment arrived at our UK warehouse.  Despite the huge problems at the time due to COVID-19 restrictions and the enormous strain on the European mail delivery system and our own commitments to sending orders to our customers in time for Christmas, we were able to complete the despatch of Wave 3 fulfilment on schedule.

At the moment, there has been no formal agreement in place between ourselves and David Silva with regards to the treatment of the tyrannosaur series.  We do intend to stock this most impressive range ourselves, but at this stage in the Beasts of the Mesozoic production cycle, no decision as to fulfilment for the tyrannosaur range has been made.

If any forum member would like further additional clarification, advice or support with regards to these matters they are welcome to email me direct: [email protected]

Mike
Everything Dinosaur

Grimbeard

As someone who is working in logistics and fairly frequently deals with shipments from and and to the UK, I have my respect to avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur  for handeling the new EU-UK trade relationship in such a matter. Shipping with DDP is quite a burden on the shippers side, both financially and from a time expenditure perspective.

My medium sized employer company has chosen to waive DDP shipment to the UK du to this reason, it would literally eat way all our profits from UK businesses.

I have ordered the majority of my 2020 and 2021 additions from them and only had very good experiences. You should only keep in mind that customs have increased the delivery times quite a bit in comparison to pre-Brexit times.

On-Topic: Im looking forward to the "fan choices" recolors. While i like the vibrant paint schemes BotM uses ( i even like the Linheraptor the best from all of their Raptors), I feel that some ceratopsian such as the Chasmosaurus or Sinoceratops are a bit too much.

Everything_Dinosaur

Thank you for your comment avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard Brexit has made things more challenging for lots of companies, but we avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur remain committed to supporting our many thousands of customers in Europe and we are awaiting to hear what plans Beasts of the Mesozoic have with regards to fulfilment for the tyrannosaur series.

Faelrin

David is doing a poll now for the Fan's Choice ceratopsians on the various social media sites. Be sure to go and vote to get your picks in.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Well, I cast my vote for an Old Buck Styracosaurus (the original has possibly one of my least favorite color schemes from the line, and I'm absolutely loving the Dinosauria Animated Series)
WWD Torosaurus (cuz of course)
The Isle Avaceratops (not that I play, but I do like the design)
and Scowler Pachyrhinosaurus (bad movie but cool design)

Although I must say, part of me hopes none of those win as I'm none too keen to buy more of these ceratopsians! :o

Flaffy

"Today we begin voting on the Beasts of the Mesozoic Fans' Choice Ceratopsians! I've compiled my list of the top ten options based mainly on popular requests but also on strength of concept. Keep in mind that for any of these ideas, they'll serve as inspiration for the final version, but aren't meant to be direct copies from the original source whether it's from pop culture or nature. The winning figure ideas will all be designed to fit in with the existing BotM line. The choices are as follows in no particular order:

A. Styracosaurus - 'Old Buck' by David James Armsby
B. Chasmosaurus- 'Dino Riders' toy
C. sub-adult Triceratops- 'G1 Dinobot Slag' cartoon/ toy
D. adult Centrosaurus- BotM juvenile Centrosaurus
E. Zuniceratops- albino python
F. Avaceratops- 'The Isle'
G. Pachyrhinosaurus- 'Walking With Dinosaurs' movie, Scowler
H. Medusaceratops- iridescent rainbow snake
I. Nasutoceratops- Asian water monitor
J. Torosaurus- 'Walking with Dinosaurs' documentary

Please list your top four choices in the comments- I'll announce the winners next Monday.

Honorable mentions:
adult Triceratops- Prehistoric Park or Saurian
Both suggestions were very popular, however this figure was omitted due to already having a repaint planned (green 'Bionotops' homage). Having three versions of a high-cost item would likely be too many to offer at one time.
Protoceratops- 'Bix' from Dinotopia
Omitted due to there being two more releases of this body already planned. I also don't feel that this would translate well for BotM.
Styracosaurus- 'Dino Riders' toy
A similar color scheme is already planned for release in the Cyberzoic line.

Thank you to all who've participated with the suggestions- now it's time to vote!"

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dusty Wren

I voted based on the figures I'd actually consider buying (or buying again) if David changed the paint schemes. I wasn't super jazzed about either the Medusaceratops's or Chasmosaurus's original colors, so I went with B and H. I love Dinosauria, so A gets a vote as well, and my last pick was the water monitor scheme for the Nasutoceratops (sorry, suspsy :)) ).

I think the Zuni would look great with albino python colors, too, but I'm happy with the original paint job on the Zuni so I wouldn't re-buy him just for that.
Check out my customs thread!

Stegotyranno420

I'm going with A
Not just because the design is the best, but I just want to see how Dinosaurias creator reacts to learning that the company where he got some inspiration from got some inspiration back.

SpartanSquat

My faves by for is A (Old Buck Styracosaurus) and J (WWD Torosaurus). I was never a fan of the original colours, most of ceratopsian colours are too bright or flashy for me and these are great! One honorable mention is the WWD Pachyrhino, I already have the original but that colour is nice!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Chasmosaurus for me. It's the only one I'd actually buy.
I certainly wouldn't buy one based off something that is a slur.
And I wouldn't buy any huge Triceratops or Torosaurus either.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 18, 2022, 12:36:33 AM
Come again? I'm confused.

Flaffy

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 18, 2022, 12:40:09 AM
Option C is a slur for a promiscuous person, usually a woman, in my country it is anyway.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 18, 2022, 12:49:03 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 18, 2022, 12:40:09 AM
Option C is a slur for a promiscuous person, usually a woman, in my country it is anyway.
Oh, I understand now.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: