News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like only one I voted for made the grade.. definitely saves some money at least.

Lynx

Quote from: Flaffy on January 24, 2022, 07:18:18 PM
Quote from: Lynx on January 24, 2022, 07:16:43 PM
So glad Old Buck got 1st place! Probably the only ceratopsian I'll buy besides The Isle coloration if it is still planned.

The Avaceratops didn't win the poll.

Aw, shame  :(
Guess I'll buy the WWD The Movie Pachy then, I've been looking for a good figure of it for a while
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

Well, 3 out of 4 of my favorites ain't bad, and even then the Medusaceratops could be cool. I could definitely see myself preferring these fab choices over the originals, which isn't great seeing as I'll have to buy more...
But such is life as a completist collector!  >:D

suspsy

Not interested in any of the winners, but I'm sure they'll turn out great.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Grimbeard

Nice, 3 out of me 4 choices made it. I'm especially happy that the Dinosauria Styracosaurs got the most votes, that series deserves any attentions it cant get.

Really looking forward how the Pachy and the Styraco are going to turn out, might end up picking one of the up.

Unless the Torosaurus scales down however, that one is still a tad too big for my collection.

Dusty Wren

Oh, man, the Old Buck version of the Styracosaurus sounds amazing. From the latest Kickstarter email:

While most of these Fans' Choice versions will feature a Beasts of the Mesozoic take on their respective source material, there is one that will be very faithful to the original inspiration and that is the 'Old Buck' Styracosaurus. There's obviously a lot of love for this design and I've been in touch with the creator of 'Old Buck', David Armsby, about making an accurate action figure recreation. We've agreed to make the this new figure as close to his vision as possible, including all new horns and use of his animation art for the packaging, collector card and background insert. It's sure to be a standout release!

I really wanted the Old Buck version to have the distinctive horns, but I figured that would increase production costs too much. Really glad that Creative Beast decided to take on all this extra work to make a faithful reproduction.
Check out my customs thread!

Carnoking

While most of these Fans' Choice versions will feature a Beasts of the Mesozoic take on their respective source material, there is one that will be very faithful to the original inspiration and that is the 'Old Buck' Styracosaurus. There's obviously a lot of love for this design and I've been in touch with the creator of 'Old Buck', David Armsby, about making an accurate action figure recreation. We've agreed to make the this new figure as close to his vision as possible, including all new horns and use of his animation art for the packaging, collector card and background insert. It's sure to be a standout release!

This sounds amazing!

Pliosaurking

Can't wait till this one comes out!

Faelrin

Wow that's great to hear! I very much want to get that one (and the WWD Toro).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

Some updates -

Finalized Fan's Choice Medusaceratops color concept:

In-progress Fan's Choice Pachyrhinosaurus color concept:

And, Baby Ceratopsians are in the works!

QuoteLittle Ceratopsians are underway for Beasts of the Mesozoic! Not sure what to call these though; babies, nestlings... snack packs?

suspsy

I wonder how many baby ceratopsians there'll be. Presumably Triceratops will be included, so I might get one to stick in my T. rex's mouth.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

I hope there will be packs of these like the raptor nestlings. I think they'll be cute to display together.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

KrazyKaprosuchus

Argh the hole in my wallet grows ever larger! How does David know my weakness is baby dinosaurs?  O:-)

Psittacoraptor

Shonisaurus

Hopefully BoTM will make more ceratopsid breeding models at least for each of the species represented in their collection and the same can be said for their raptors and tyrannosaurus (still in production).

Leyster

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 06, 2022, 11:09:58 PM
Hopefully BoTM will make more ceratopsid breeding models at least for each of the species represented in their collection and the same can be said for their raptors and tyrannosaurus (still in production).
It'd be redundant, since baby centrosaurines, at least, look more or less all the same. And given the age segregation in these animals ,it's unlikely that the babies had the same colours of the adult, so it would suffice making one version with a couple of paint schemes, like David did with Dromaeosaurids.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Halichoeres

QuoteLittle Ceratopsians are underway for Beasts of the Mesozoic! Not sure what to call these though; babies, nestlings... snack packs?

I will always call them chicks. But when you're chewing them you might call them chiclets.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

WIP paint for the Iridescent Snake Medusaceratops. Looks far better than it's original colour scheme imo.

Armsby's package art for the fans choice "Old Bull" Styracosaurus! Looking very dramatic.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: