News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 13, 2021, 09:27:55 PM
I ordered the full set so hopefully it gets fulfilled.

BTW it's definitely more cost effective to order from the Backerkit preorder.  The shipping savings alone was around 60.00
How much did it cost to ship on Backerkit vs. ordering from Creative Beast Studio's website?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on December 13, 2021, 10:55:44 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 13, 2021, 09:27:55 PM
I ordered the full set so hopefully it gets fulfilled.

BTW it's definitely more cost effective to order from the Backerkit preorder.  The shipping savings alone was around 60.00
How much did it cost to ship on Backerkit vs. ordering from Creative Beast Studio's website?

Backerkit had a base ship cost of 8.00 then add 25.00, so 32.00 . CB shipping about 95.00

TaranUlas

This thing is so much bigger than I thought it would be.

Mine came with a bend in one horn out of the box. Thankfully it feels rubbery so some heat should be able to resolve the issue. Also fair warning for people, the tail is very rough to get on. Apply a lot more heat and water than you did for the first several. I basically wound up doing 1 minute in 100 degree Celsius in order to get it on.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations. Every day I am more tempted to buy a ceratopsid from BoTM from everythingdinosaur. Maybe at Christmas I will buy the kosmoceratops, that torosaurus is great and it is huge. Compete in awesomeness with JP / JW figures from Mattel.

Faelrin

avatar_TaranUlas @TaranUlas Ah they look so good individually and together. I eagerly await the day I can get my hands on these.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dusty Wren

Thanks for sharing the photos, avatar_TaranUlas @TaranUlas. What a beauty. Gonna be a stand-out on your shelves for sure.

Got the shipping notice for mine yesterday, can't wait ;D
Check out my customs thread!

ceratopsian

Thanks for the "tail" warning.  Based on past experience, I was expecting it to be a lot tougher for the big boys.

Nice to see the Torosaurus.  I find it very blue indeed in the promo pictures - it's hard to judge what it actually looks like when you have the model itself.

Concavenator

Just wanted to inform about something if any of you was planning to pick up a BotM Diabloceratops now. I ordered mine from Dan's Dinosaurs about a week ago, and have now been notified by Dan himself that this particular model is in a 'restocking phase by the manufacturer' and that it's expected to ship in spring. I don't know if this situation also applies for any of the other ceratopsians, though.

Mattyonyx

I finally got the Xenoceratops and made a video about it: even though it's in Italian, I think the images speak for themselves
https://youtu.be/ldV3VDpk_gw

I didn't realize how big it was, so I can't imagine what a beast the torosaurus (or the adult Triceratops) is.
Also, I'm so glad I chose the Spiclypeus, it's an underrated figure and reminds me of the Natural History Museum in Vienna.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice video! I think it uses the same body as the Pachyrhinosaurus doesn't it? 

TaranUlas

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin for the record, the big Torosaurus is going to be the only big one for a while for me. Not because of money, but space. I genuinely do not have that much room.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian yeah, I figured that for the more experienced, it will be a no brained. I figured that it was better to be the captain obvious with warnings than to risk my fellow newbies meeting the same issues that I did. That tail was a pain and a half to get on. I genuinely thought I was going to have to file bits off to get it on.

So to add onto this, I really love how flexible the Torosaurus is. It obviously will not hold the more unbalanced poses that the Zuni and Styracosaurus can hold, but it's more flexible than I would have expected. Also that head is massive. Nothing quite exemplifies that as well as the Zuniceratops being a bit smaller than the Torosaurus' head.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 22, 2021, 02:44:12 AM

I'm pretty sure it shares the same body 4 that's been used for the Pachyrhinosaurus, although I think the tail is shorter.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Mattyonyx on December 23, 2021, 10:25:16 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 22, 2021, 02:44:12 AM

I'm pretty sure it shares the same body 4 that's been used for the Pachyrhinosaurus, although I think the tail is shorter.
I think it uses the same parts as the Centrosaurus (and Albertaceratops), which has a different back, and possibly some other different parts, than the Pachyrhinosaurus/Sinoceratops.

In other news, the artwork for Protoceratops hellenikorhinus (by Raph Lomotan) has been revealed:

Flaffy

BIG NEWS!

"It's back! By popular request, it's finally time to bring the next batch of Fan's Choice figures to Beasts of the Mesozoic- this time for the Ceratopsian Series!

The Fans' Choice Raptors have been some of the most popular figures of the entire line and now we'll see which Ceratopsian figures will get a new look based on your suggestions. I'm looking to make four Fans Choice Ceratopsian variants to be released throughout 2022. This will be a two round process, and for today's post, I want you all to submit your best ideas.

Please state the figure to be repainted, and show or describe an example of the colors to be used for each one. And also, please like or comment on the ideas from others that you would like to see get made. The ten most popular ideas by next Monday will be put to a vote to determine the final four figures. Any Ceratopsian and any color scheme is fair game. Even 'unpainted' or albino variants will be counted.

I'll be taking a tally across all three of my social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). So now, let me know what you all want to see and let's make this happen!"

- David

Links to the posts where you can leave fans choice suggestions:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BeastSculptKit/photos/a.125819777433236/5554117394603420/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Beast_SculptKit/status/1480607695354966031
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/p/CYj0sRlL5rk/

Flaffy

Personally hoping to see a WWD Torosaurus repaint, and ideally in 1/35 scale to go with the KS exclusive 1/35 WWD Tyrannosaurus.

Other popular options at the moment include:
- Prehistoric Park Triceratops
- Saurian Triceratops
- Spanish Bull Nasutoceratops
- Dino riders Styracosaurus
- Dino riders Chasmosaurus
- Mwanza flat-headed rock agama Psittacosaurus (I personally do not understand this one, but hey, that's the fun of having fan's choice votes)

Dusty Wren

Oh, someone on Facebook suggested repainting the Styracosaurus as Old Buck from the Dinosauria series. I already have the Styracosaurus, but I'd consider buying it again if David takes that suggestion.
Check out my customs thread!

DragonRider02

I would be the happiest if we got unpainted versions of some of the figures, as cheaper alternative for those who want to paint their own ceratopsians. I would definitely pick up unpainted Nasutoceratops and give it CollectA figure's colors.

Carnoking

I'm sure this means I'll be buying yet another BotM Ceratopsian or two in the near future  ::)

Eocarcharia

WWD Torosaurus is definitely looking to be a popular choice. That's fine by me, since I like Torosaurus but don't really like the existing color scheme for its figure.

Psittacoraptor

Oh, this is interesting! I'm hoping for some more naturalistic color schemes.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: