News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

John

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: John on March 06, 2019, 04:48:53 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on March 06, 2019, 12:04:47 AM
Quote from: John on March 05, 2019, 09:10:19 PM
Then he is going by the Torosaurus=Triceratops idea after all.
No he's not.
Flaffy,stop trying to "correct" me.What is your age anyway?19?20 maybe?I've been knowledgeable about the general subject of dinosaurs for longer than you have even been alive.

Yes, you are very smart. We are graced by the miracle that is your intelligence, though even then it is important to remember: He's not.

"Adult" Triceratops and Torosaurus were always two separate figures.

John

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on March 06, 2019, 05:04:25 AM

Yes, you are very smart. We are graced by the miracle that is your intelligence, though even then it is important to remember: He's not.

I'm smart enough to know that I could have you banned for the personal attack against me,which would in effect silence you while I would be free to say whatever I wanted to,if I cared enough about what you think of me to do so.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Both John and Appalachiosaurus  , your comments are personal attacks, you have been warned.

Flaffy

Quote from: John on March 06, 2019, 04:48:53 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on March 06, 2019, 12:04:47 AM
Quote from: John on March 05, 2019, 09:10:19 PM
Then he is going by the Torosaurus=Triceratops idea after all.
No he's not.
Flaffy,stop trying to "correct" me.What is your age anyway?19?20 maybe?I've been knowledgeable about the general subject of dinosaurs for longer than you have even been alive.
I'm not correcting your paleontological knowledge though.
What I'm correcting is you spreading potential misinformation regarding David's position on the "toro-ceratops" theory; which he clearly is in rejection of from his decision refer to Torosaurus as it's own genus rather than "Adult/Mature Triceratops".

John

I'm sorry for my rudeness,Flaffy.This is not an excuse,but I just misunderstood what you meant.

suspsy

Moving on.

David Silva informed me last night that the subadult Triceratops will be around the same size as the Styracosaurus he's currently working on. This lends to my theory that he's basically giving us the option of two sizes/prices of Triceratops. I think that's pretty nifty!

Of course, we'll have to see what the final products are like. 
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

And here is some very happy news from CB's Facebook:

QuotePlanning to do horridus for both, but would like to do a prorsus release sometime post-Kickstarter.

Killekor

Wow, Mr.Silva it's making some really nice models, although I don't know if I'll get one.
I'm quite dubious about this line for several reasons: first of, their size. I really like big figures, but from what I understand some of these will be GIGANTIC. Maybe David should had made them in a smaller scale. Plus, they're price probably will be too high for me (except for the Protoceratops and the Psittacosaurus, which being about the same size as the raptors will be affordable for me).

I'm not really interested in ceratopsians themselves, so probably I'll pass on all this (apart from the Psittacosaurus); but I hope that the Tyrannosaurs will not be at the same scale of the Triceratops, because I don't have enough place for have such big figures.

Just a question, will the Psittacosaurus have a base? I understand that the other ceratopsians don't need a base, but the Psittacosaurus is bipedal...

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

LeapingLaelaps

A picture from Facebook today comparing the size of his Styracosaurus to Papo's! I can't wait to see this beauty painted
*Edit* fixed the link so the picture shows up properly ::)

Shonisaurus

That styracosaurus is immense! I figure that the triceratops and torosaurus for putting two examples will be at least the size of the PNSO chungkingosaurus at least or the huanghetitan. Those are impossible prices for my economy. I'll be happy to see them on the Beasts of the Mesozoic website. It's too much for my pocket. I think that at the most I will buy your protoceratops and ceraptosides of a similar size.

Anyway, I will congratulate the members of the forum who buy these figures. They are magnificent. Ceraptoside awesome.

suspsy

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on March 07, 2019, 06:31:17 PM

A picture from Facebook today comparing the size of his Styracosaurus to Papo's! I can't wait to see this beauty painted
*Edit* fixed the link so the picture shows up properly ::)

Now we know how big the juvenile Triceratops will be too!

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Killekor on March 07, 2019, 12:33:29 PM
I'm not really interested in ceratopsians themselves, so probably I'll pass on all this (apart from the Psittacosaurus); but I hope that the Tyrannosaurs will not be at the same scale of the Triceratops, because I don't have enough place for have such big figures.

As much as an in-scale Tyrannosaurus would go very well with the Triceratops, yeah I think it would have too many problems to be feasible. I imagine that the costs of manufacturing and shipping such a large figure, especially in the quantities that will likely be ordered, would be astronomical for Silva, being an independent creator.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

suspsy

My guess is that Silva has not yet determined what scale his T. rex will be, and will not get around to deciding that until his ceratopsian project is well in the bag. So I wouldn't lose any sleep over it right now.

suspsy

The Utahceratops concept art has been revealed on Facebook. Looks very cool with Gila monster colours!

Shonisaurus

The dinosaur projects of Beasts of the Mesozoic are very beautiful. Perhaps with the passage of time I will start making that collection are very nice figures, but in my case something makes me say that I must stop buying dinosaurs and models of prehistoric toy animals. I have to save in my case for a long time. The ones you might collect will be protoceratops and zuniceratops. They are figures that seem to be not too large in size. It is appreciated that Beasts of the Mesozoic focuses every year on a species of concrete dinosaur and make only figures of this type of species, last year were raptors, this year the ceraptosidos. I applaud Beasts of the Mesozoic and sincerely I will be glad that some forum members do the entire collection. They are very beautiful figures. The utahceratops with those details of painting in that drawing of the website of Creative Studios is very cool and beautiful.

LeapingLaelaps

New colors, this time for the Utahceratops based on the Gila Monster (Heloderma suspectum). I love the colors but personally I think they would have been better on the Diabloceratops :P

Also, just five more color concepts before we know what everything look like:

Pentaceratops
Sinoceratops
Torosaurus
Triceratops (Adult)
Udanoceratops

Which ones are you guys most excited to see? I really wanna see the Pentaceratops and Torosaurus!

Brontozaurus

Excluding Triceratops on account of being my favourite dinosaur and of course I'm keen to see it revealed, probably Torosaurus to see what Silva's got planned for that massive frill. As much as eyespots on ceratopsians has become a minor palaeoart meme thanks to the WWD Torosaurus, I don't think he's really used it so far, and I'm interested in whether Torosaurus gets them or not.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Faelrin

Yeah that color scheme would have looked rad on the Diabloceratops, but I still dig the one it got though. It's going to be hard for me to decide in the end what I want when I'm loving so many of these just for their color schemes.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: