News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on March 15, 2019, 01:02:58 AM
Quote from: John on March 14, 2019, 08:47:00 PM
The head sculpts of the completed models so far are great,but the bodies look off due to the joints and seams at all the points of articulation.

Well the articulation is kind of the whole shtick, it's a necessity to have seams and joints.

Yes,I know that.It's why I'm not a fan of articulated figures in general.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: John on March 15, 2019, 06:21:21 AM
The head sculpts of the completed models so far are great,but the bodies look off due to the joints and seams at all the points of articulation.

Well the articulation is kind of the whole shtick, it's a necessity to have seams and joints.

I'm glad for the variety personally, most dinosaur toys are static so it's nice to have pose-able options for collectors who prefer that.

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on March 15, 2019, 03:58:46 PM

I'm glad for the variety personally, most dinosaur toys are static so it's nice to have pose-able options for collectors who prefer that.

Yeah. The joints and seams are kinda funny looking but honestly, it's REALLY nice to be able to pose them yourself so they're not just in a generic, boring pose like the majority of other toys are.

John

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on March 15, 2019, 04:04:04 PM
Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on March 15, 2019, 03:58:46 PM

Yeah. The joints and seams are kinda funny looking but honestly, it's REALLY nice to be able to pose them yourself so they're not just in a generic, boring pose like the majority of other toys are.

If the general rarity of the series of dromaeosaurs released are any indication,the ceratopsians will be just as hard to get.So just think of me as one less person to get in your way by snatching the last one up before you can get to them. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

TaranUlas

Quote from: CyborgDino on March 14, 2019, 04:38:35 AM
The completed resin prototype of Centrosaurus:

Is it bad that I want this even more now that I'm seeing how big this one is likely to be? Granted, I freely admit that price wise this will probably hurt. A lot. I also own quite a few ceratopsians so its not exactly in my best interest to buy a bunch more of species I already have. Especially since I cannot allow little children to handle them. That being said... I think I know that I will definitely be getting the Zuniceratops since I have never even seen anyone make a figure of it and it was so cool in When Dinosaurs Roamed America...

Hopefully that one isn't too expensive. Centrosaurus will hurt my wallet as will some of the others....

LeapingLaelaps

Another shot of the Centrosaurus sculpt. That Stormtrooper better watch out!

Shonisaurus

David Silva's centrosaurus looks magnificent but it is too big and therefore will be too expensive. I will wait in my case until the prices over the years calm down (if they calm down) I like it a lot but for now I will focus on the protoceratops and zuniceratops of Beasts of the Mesozoic will be much more affordable and will occupy much less space. Anyway, I will celebrate that many DTF members buy if they are interested in the whole collection. The figures of Beasts of the Mesozoic and in particular the figures of ceraptosides are fabulous.

Flaffy

I really wish David went for 1/24 scale instead of 1/18 scale...
On well, I'll be sticking to the smaller ceratopsids (and ceratopsians if David included them)

Faelrin

I think he went with 1/18th scale in particular (exception being the Psittacosaurus and Protoceratops being 1/6 scale to be in scale with the raptors), because they would still scale well with at least 3 and 3/4 scale action figures (which also means these will scale nicely alongside with most of the assortment from the Mattel Jurassic line too). Anything smaller wouldn't, and anything bigger would be much more expensive.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

LeapingLaelaps

Colors for the Pentaceratops have been revealed! Colors are inspired by the Surinam horned frog (Ceratophrys cornuta) which is a super funky looking animal.

Shonisaurus

It will be a beautiful and immense figure (in size, price and quality) this pentaceratops of Beasts of the Mesozoic.

Halichoeres

Thanks for the photo! Friends don't make friends visit Facebook!  ;D
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 20, 2019, 03:47:16 PM
Thanks for the photo! Friends don't make friends visit Facebook!  ;D

No problem ^-^
I know that not everyone here uses Facebook so I want to make sure that everyone has a chance to see what he's working on

Shonisaurus

That centroaurus of Beasts of the Mesozoic will be mine. It is of a size more than acceptable since the monoclonius of tyco toys is of a rather small size and is a little larger than this figure. Good news for me and my pocket.

suspsy

I do look forward to someone reviewing that Centrosaurus. Lordy knows it's high time we had a toy of that genus!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Killekor

I'm happy to see that the Centrosaurus is not big as I imagined! It was the only ceratopsian except the Psittacosaurus and the Protoceratops which I'm interested to.
I can't wait to see it painted!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

LeapingLaelaps

The scale textures on the Styracosaurus are coming along nicely!

Shonisaurus

The styracosaurus prototype as well as the Beasts of the Mesozoic centroaurus look awesome. Honestly I can not imagine how they will be when they are finally painted and finished. It will be a marvel of figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: