News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Looks magnificent and I'd love to have one but if these cost more than the raptors then I'm out.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: PhilSauria on June 28, 2018, 10:50:19 PM
Looks magnificent and I'd love to have one but if these cost more than the raptors then I'm out.

Since they're bigger, they'll obviously cost more :( There's no way I can afford to buy all these sets. Even the combined raptor set was too much for me.

Maybe one day I will figure out how to my make my own articulated dinosaurs, lol.

Shonisaurus

If next year everything is going well in my economy, maybe I'll buy some of the Beast of the Mesozoic ceraptoside. They are very well achieved figures.  :)

The xenoceratops is an art work. I even think that some will not be so big and expensive for example if they make a protoceratops that dinosaur can not be big. The same is true of psittacosaurus.

stegosauria

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 29, 2018, 08:24:50 PM
If next year everything is going well in my economy, maybe I'll buy some of the Beast of the Mesozoic ceraptoside. They are very well achieved figures.  :)

The xenoceratops is an art work. I even think that some will not be so big and expensive for example if they make a protoceratops that dinosaur can not be big. The same is true of psittacosaurus.

The smaller Ceratopsids like Protoceratops and Psittacosaurus will be in 1/6 scale or something similar so their eventual size will be similar to the bigger ceratopsids (those will be 1/18 scale).

In the announcment was mentioned beside a kckstarter exclusive a bonus was mentioned ('bonus' item stretch goal). There are any info about that like how you can get one or Velociraptor mongoliensis or V. osmolskae will be in the pack besides the Protoceratops?

LeapingLaelaps

Some updated Xenoceratops photos with different lighting! Someone on Facebook was complaining about the colors being too bright so David took some better photos that show off the actual color better

Shonisaurus

It looks spectacular xenoceratops. If all the figures of Ceratopsidos of Beasts of the Mesozoic are like this the collectors will have to enable new shelves to lodge these figures. This company promises.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stegosauria on June 29, 2018, 10:05:02 PM

In the announcment was mentioned beside a kckstarter exclusive a bonus was mentioned ('bonus' item stretch goal). There are any info about that like how you can get one or Velociraptor mongoliensis or V. osmolskae will be in the pack besides the Protoceratops?

I don't think there's any information on that yet. Mr. Silva hasn't offered any additional details.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

LeapingLaelaps

For anyone curious about the size, here's the Xeno next to an Atrociraptor from the Raptor Series!

Shonisaurus

I'm glad the Beasts of the Mesozoic ceraptosides are not as big as I thought, I thought the figures would be immense considering the size of some raptors of the same brand.

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 02, 2018, 05:58:34 PM
I'm glad the Beasts of the Mesozoic ceraptosides are not as big as I thought, I thought the figures would be immense considering the size of some raptors of the same brand.

Some of them will be larger than others, but there will be plenty of small/medium sized ones too

Shonisaurus

A protoceratops by Beasts of the Mesozoic is great. It is a very rare dinosaur in the toy market. Unfortunately underappreciated.

I am glad that Beasts of the Mesozoic has projected a protoceratops. We hope that other toy companies follow their example.

Faelrin

I'm so glad we get to see the design for this one now, since this genus has been on my want list since the addition of the Desert Accessory Pack in the previous kickstarter. It's going to look really nice alongside the Velociraptor as well. I really like those blue eyes too. That's some real nice subtle contrast that it adds.

Anyone know what creature this color scheme was based off of?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

terrorchicken

I dont like the colors, it looks like exposed musculature.  :P

the Xeno is really nice(all the ceratopsian sculpts have been great so far) but here too Im finding its colors a bit...loud.

Reptilia

So far the idea of multiple articulation seems to suit better to ceratopsians, always thought the raptors look a bit off.

IrritatorRaji

Wish it had a little more meat on it, but if it was made skinnier for the sake of articulation then I'm cool with that.

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: Faelrin on July 05, 2018, 08:09:32 PM
I'm so glad we get to see the design for this one now, since this genus has been on my want list since the addition of the Desert Accessory Pack in the previous kickstarter. It's going to look really nice alongside the Velociraptor as well. I really like those blue eyes too. That's some real nice subtle contrast that it adds.

Anyone know what creature this color scheme was based off of?

Looks like an atlas moth!

Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Halichoeres

Looks like a thorny devil (Moloch horridus) to me, in keeping with the desert theme.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

LeapingLaelaps

I do have this picture that he posted awhile ago, but some of the names are hard to see :P

Jose S.M.

It seems a little more reddish than the Moloch to me, seeing that picture I would go with the red bearded dragon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: