News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your two new acquisitions, the velociraptor reminds me of the black version of Schleich.

Sim

I'm going to separate my recent acquisitions into parts.

1. The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs second edition.  I finally got this book.  It's impressive and I look forward to reading more of it!

2. The PNSO mini Huayangosaurus and Kentrosaurus.  I like the Huayangosaurus and I'm happy with it.  I think the Kentrosaurus is a bit too small for my collection though and I don't think I will keep it.

3. The Favorite soft model series 2 Styracosaurus and Allosaurus.  It's been a long time since they were released and I'm happy to finally have them.  I was surprised and impressed by the size of the Styracosaurus, it's really quite big!  The Allosaurus is a new species in my collection since it's A. jimmadseni while my Safari 2019 Allosaurus is A. fragilis.

4. The Favorite Bistahieversor, Pentaceratops and mini Fukuiraptor.  The Fukuiraptor is a little smaller than I expected but I'm happy with it and the Pentaceratops.  The Bistahieversor's paintjob is a bit sloppy, but I think I like it enough to want to keep it.

The Favorites join my Favorite Baryonyx, Neovenator and Fukuivenator.  The PNSO figures are my first figures from PNSO!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Sim @Sim I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. Honestly almost all the books of dinosaurs or prehistoric life are fabulous and in my case they fall short, but you always read them again and read and see the photographs.

It is not a bad idea to start with the PNSO models huayangosaurus and kentrosaurus are miniatures not only those but all of PNSO of great sculptural quality and sincerely the miniatures of members of the tyrophorers by PNSO never leave a collector indifferent.

The sculptures of Soft Model Favorite the discontinued styracosaurus and the allosaurus are very beautiful, the styracosaurus is a very well made miniature (although as you have rightly said that it is large) of the resin styracosaurus whose figure is spectacular and is one of my most beautiful Favorite and styracosaurus figures intended for collectors. The allosaurus is very beautiful and sincerely I was delighted when I got it, I got it in a bid whose only bidder was me and I took it for $ 16.

The bistahieversor of Favorite along with its pentaceratops is a very well finished set and I honestly like the bistahieversor of Favorite more than the Collecta, the favorite pentaceratops is the second figure of that species that I obviously like best behind Papo's that For me it is the first figure of that species. The fukuiraptor of Favorite today when cleaning my showcases I have noticed that wonderful toy figure with removable base and is honestly not as small as I figured.

May you be happy with your beautiful figures and your comments are quite illustrative of the quality of these figures. I'm glad for you.

Sim

Thanks Shonisaurus!  I don't think the Allosaurus and Styracosaurus are discontinued though, they are still sold on Favorite's website.

Ceratosaurus

Had a couple figures show up yesterday. Both look amazing and I'm especially in love with the Rebor Stegosaurus. In videos it tends to look over glossy but in person it's perfectly done. The paint is applied almost perfectly. The body has a very matte look to it and plates have just the right amount of gloss to make them stand out. This is the first Stegosaurus figure in my collection and definitely one of my favourites overall. The Rex is also better than I expected.

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

PrimevalRaptor

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Those two (I think Re-Saurus?) figures are really nice, I own them too and was REALLY excited back when I got the Giganotosaurus, that was before we had so many figures of that genus to choose from. :D

For myself, I finally got the Schleich Dinogorgon on Sale today and it's great, Gorgonopsids are an amazing group of animals and this is a really nice model! I do prefer the sculpt on the Safari Inostrancevia a tiny bit (mostly the head) but the pose is really great.
Mine has the right eye applied a bit too high but that's not too noticeable.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on February 06, 2020, 01:32:26 PM
avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Those two (I think Re-Saurus?) figures are really nice, I own them too and was REALLY excited back when I got the Giganotosaurus, that was before we had so many figures of that genus to choose from. :D

For myself, I finally got the Schleich Dinogorgon on Sale today and it's great, Gorgonopsids are an amazing group of animals and this is a really nice model! I do prefer the sculpt on the Safari Inostrancevia a tiny bit (mostly the head) but the pose is really great.

I congratulate you on your new acquisition. Schleich's dinogorgon is one of the few gorgonopside figures that exist in major toy brands. It is a fabulous figure.

SidB

The teeth could be carefully sharpened with file and exacto-knife to raise its level of accuracy and "curb appeal"; otherwise it's a fine figure.

Shadowknight1

It'll be a bit before I can get pictures up, but I just got in three new dinosaurs thanks to Dan's Dinosaurs!  I've been patiently awaiting the 2019 Safari Allosaurus as it was out of stock for a while, but Dan finally got some more in, so my Safari Allo and my Papo 2019 Allo repaint were shipped!  I also got a Safari 2020 Deinonychus too!  I love them all, especially the Deinonychus.  He's such a stately fellow!  And both of the Allos look really good, I honestly don't understand why the Papo repaint got so much hate.  Mine looks fantastic!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats to everyone who has recently picked up something very nice, there's quite a bit of lately. I think I'll post mine in my own thread rather than here.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

Here's what I've got into the past few weeks:

Safari Qianzhousaurus (2020)

Safari Concavenator (2020)

Carnegie & Safari (2020) Dilophosaurus

Takara Tomy Ania Futabasuaurus

Carnegie Plateosaurus

BOTM Monoclonius Pin

Carnegie Woolly Mammoth

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. I agree with your tastes when choosing dinosaur figures, Carnegie's mammoth primigenius is undoubtedly the best of its range and of a fairly acceptable size.

Enjoy your figures!

PrimevalRaptor

Some really great acquisitions!
Gotta say, I still wish the Qianzhousaurus was feathered but I have to give credit where it's due, the scale texture is amazing on this model!

UK

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 04, 2020, 09:50:35 PM

Just got myself these interesting figures. The Velociraptor is very old fashioned but I like it.

I went to bid on these too but the ebay app went wrong. I'm glad you got them. A bargain.

I would have bid 20 euros, out of interest would that have been enough to win?

Steve

Libraraptor

Quote from: UK on February 08, 2020, 07:06:52 PM

I went to bid on these too but the ebay app went wrong. I'm glad you got them. A bargain.

I would have bid 20 euros, out of interest would that have been enough to win?

Steve

It would. I won the auction with 10,50 Euros.

Halichoeres

One of my favorite recent Schleich releases.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I am happy for you Halichoeres I sincerely like the Schleich dinogorgon I would like Schleich to make more figures of prehistoric Paleozoic animals in the near future.

Doug Watson

Recently returned from a trip to California where we hit Disneyland and Universal studios. While at Universal we rode the revamped and renamed Jurassic World ride. Found this playset in the gift shop after exiting the ride. Included the T rex, Indominus rex and a Raptor. They also had key chains with the same T rex, the Raptor painted as Blue and an Indoraptor. They don't have an Indominus rex key chain. Indominus in 5.25 inches long and they all suck at standing up but I like them. Set is $24.95 and from what I can see they are a park exclusive. They also had some of the very expensive Chronicle collectibles.
The revamped ride is great, I only wish it hadn't been so cool the day we went or I would have rode it more since I missed some stuff. On the old ride you could get a little wet or soaked on this ride wear a poncho or you will get soaked.

P.S. Just noticed they sell the set online for the same price https://shop.universalorlando.com/p/Jurassic-World-Figurines-Set.html

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice set! 

Shew I bet! I saw where they added water cannons just to make everyone was soaked..lol   Do they have the drying pods there? I saw them in a video too at one.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 11, 2020, 04:12:50 PM
Nice set! 

Shew I bet! I saw where they added water cannons just to make everyone was soaked..lol   Do they have the drying pods there? I saw them in a video too at one.

If they were there I missed them, we all had ponchos so came out relatively dry.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: