News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels Did you still mistakenly ask two dilophosaurus to the store? In my case I ordered two tyrannosaurus rex (latest version of Schleich) from everythingdinosaur.co.uk and obviously I received the two without noticing that I had overpaid, in my case I now look more carefully at my shopping cart.

I congratulate you to the point for having those Safari figures that are a true blessing for a collector.

Concavenator

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels that's a really good batch you got there, enjoy your new Safaris!  ;) Like I said, I'm happily surprised by how good this years' Safari's batch's figures did turn out. Guess this teaches that even though their promo pictures sucks, the figures end up looking nice in person, and that's what matters.

Duna

Congrats for your new purchases, so are so lucky to have them now! :D I have just placed an order to get some of the Safaris, this is a fantastic year to cross a lot of figures out from my wishlist.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Loon on January 24, 2020, 09:16:02 PM
Recently found this lot of old school Carnegies. It was a particularly good deal for $14 shipped. Unfortunately the seller crammed them all into an envelope, without any packing material. They all made it out ok, though, the allosaurus' tail was sticking out of the corner if the envelope.

Great grab. I'd be interested in that Allosaurus, if you ever decide to sell it.

Here's my most recent arrival. PNSO Dakosaurus. Really like the look of this.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new Ikessauro acquisitions, especially with regard to rare Carnegie figures at bargain prices. On the other hand the PNSO dakosaurus agreed with you that it is a good figure.

It is a pity that the production of new PNSO figures is being delayed.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 25, 2020, 03:38:37 PM
avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels Did you still mistakenly ask two dilophosaurus to the store? In my case I ordered two tyrannosaurus rex (latest version of Schleich) from everythingdinosaur.co.uk and obviously I received the two without noticing that I had overpaid, in my case I now look more carefully at my shopping cart.

I congratulate you to the point for having those Safari figures that are a true blessing for a collector.
yeah clicked "2" by accident. It's fine, I have been doing some Photography that looks cool with 2.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Concavenator

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels something similar happened to me, but in this case, it was the 2017 Safari Velociraptor   ;D I ordered one from Amazon, but I thought I had had an issue during the checkout, so I entered Dan's Dinosaurs' site and ordered another Velociraptor from there, thinking that I hadn't made the order for the other one on amazon. It turned out that I had indeed completed the checkout so I ended up getting two.  :P Ever since, I have had both in my collection, but since now I want to sell some figures from my collection I have put one of the two for sale.

Dinoguy2

Recently found this lot of old school Carnegies. It was a particularly good deal for $14 shipped. Unfortunately the seller crammed them all into an envelope, without any packing material. They all made it out ok, though, the allosaurus' tail was sticking out of the corner if the envelope.

But, I really bought the lot for this:

I've been looking for a Carnegie Protoceratops for a bit, but, they never seem to pop up. So, I jumped on this lot when I saw them.

Figured I'd throw this little one in. This Placerias was found behind our washing machine. I'd been looking for this figure for a bit, so I'm happy it's returned to me.

Nice! Looks like you have the original (superior, IMO) paint applications for these versions. $14 for all of them is a fantastic deal.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Halzk

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Sim on January 22, 2020, 10:25:59 PM
My relatively recent acquisitions are the Safari 2019 Stegosaurus and Allosaurus, and the Safari feathered dinos toob with new colour schemes.  The Stegosaurus and Allosaurus are excellent.  I can't imagine how anyone could dislike these figures unless they really dislike their colouration.  They join my Safari Sauropelta and 2017 Velociraptor, Coelophysis and Microraptor.

I got the feathered dinos toob for the Beipiaosaurus and Dilong, both of which are little gems.  I chose the toob with the new colour schemes as the Beipiaosaurus's colouration is closer to its known colouration than the original was, I think.  Additionally, even though the only paint on the Dilong is for its eyes I prefer it to the original version because the black of the original made details hard to see.  I've also received a feathered dinos toob with the original colour schemes but I'm planning to return it unless anyone here wants it?

The changed colour schemes for the toob figures makes me wonder why Safari hasn't been releasing some repaints of Wild Safari figures.  The Carnegie Collection had a year where lots of repaints were released, and Papo has been releasing repaints too.  I'm aware Safari released a repaint of the oldest WS T. rex.  It could be interesting if some newer Safari figures got new colour schemes, I'm thinking of figures released for 2013 or 2014 onwards.
Nice to know you have now gotten the best figures of Stegosaurus and Allosaurus, and the feathered toob too.  :)

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 25, 2020, 05:27:53 PM

Great grab. I'd be interested in that Allosaurus, if you ever decide to sell it.

Here's my most recent arrival. PNSO Dakosaurus. Really like the look of this.

Some very interesting finds here, excellent find  8)
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halzk @Halzk Congratulations on your new Rebor stegosaurus and Scheich's dracorex and giganotosaurus. Nice set of dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist I congratulate you on your new figures. Vitae's rare prehistoric animals with the synaptor in the lead were pretty figures and Vitae looked like a pretty promising brand.

On the other hand the fukuitan is a miniature beauty and I am sincerely glad that you have it in your collection as the rare favorite tarbosaurus.

Saltasaurus brings me very good memories that when I bought them at the beginning of 2006.

Also the Apatosaurus of Safari is a very obligatory figure for every amateur collector of toys of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals.

Duna

I just received my Safari purchases from this year and the Collecta iguanodon which will replace my Papo iguanodon.

I'll explain my opinion in my collection post, but they are all fantastic, they have surprised me for good!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna Nice additions to your collection. I'm glad for you.

? @Stolpergeist You have made a good choice of PNSO figures I congratulate you.

Leyster

? @Stolpergeist are you by any chance THE Stolpergeist? I mean, the paleoartist that did these illustrations?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum, ? @Stolpergeist ! I was hoping to find your avatar image elsewhere online. I don't recognize the fish, some sort of plethodid perhaps?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Leyster

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 31, 2020, 05:59:11 PM
L @Leyster Unfortunately. But please don't link that page.

Ops, sorry. I removed the link, I hope it's better. Your art is really amazing, it's an honour to speak to you  ^-^
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Flaffy

Quote from: Stolpergeist on February 01, 2020, 01:00:28 AM
Also Science & Nature Serendipaceratops but I won't take photos of it until I get my hands on Banjo from the Australian age of Dinosaurs Museum.

I've been wondering where to acquire an AAOD "Banjo" as well. The AAOD online shop option is unavailable for online purchasing (wouldn't be practical with the absurd shipping fees anyways), and no other retailer seems to be selling the figure.

Loon

Quote from: Flaffy on February 01, 2020, 04:20:26 AM
Also Science & Nature Serendipaceratops but I won't take photos of it until I get my hands on Banjo from the Australian age of Dinosaurs Museum.

I've been wondering where to acquire an AAOD "Banjo" as well. The AAOD online shop option is unavailable for online purchasing (wouldn't be practical with the absurd shipping fees anyways), and no other retailer seems to be selling the figure.

I actually bought mine last month from Urzeitshop. They should still have some.

Flaffy

Quote from: Loon on February 01, 2020, 05:03:55 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on February 01, 2020, 04:20:26 AM

I actually bought mine last month from Urzeitshop. They should still have some.

I've checked before, they've gone out of stock  :'(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: