News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimravus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 22, 2018, 08:18:33 PM
Quote from: Nimravus on August 22, 2018, 07:55:48 PM
The one at the top is the Albertosaurus  X-Plus I bought on Ebay a while ago. I am thinking of sending it to Mr. Garrat to re-paint it and add a base as it does not stand alone without support. 

..it's funny; I did a bid on Ebay about that X-Plus (despite I already have one) because I like its coloration.. ;D

I agree with you that on the internet it looked amazing, but the paint has a bit of wear and it is fading  :-[ And on top of it, I need something to make it stable! So I thought that Mr. Garrat could solve both problems at the same time!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Nimravus on August 22, 2018, 08:24:02 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 22, 2018, 08:18:33 PM
The one at the top is the Albertosaurus  X-Plus I bought on Ebay a while ago. I am thinking of sending it to Mr. Garrat to re-paint it and add a base as it does not stand alone without support. 

..it's funny; I did a bid on Ebay about that X-Plus (despite I already have one) because I like its coloration.. ;D

I agree with you that on the internet it looked amazing, but the paint has a bit of wear and it is fading  :-[ And on top of it, I need something to make it stable! So I thought that Mr. Garrat could solve both problems at the same time!

Even the original one doesn't stand up by itself: there is a plastic rod in the box to help the figure:

https://flic.kr/p/VCbr2Z
:)

Fembrogon

@ Fembrogon, nice haul, the mammoth looks amazing, and the other elephantid is a Palaeloxodon, isn't it?
Yes, it is! I hadn't realized someone beat Eofauna to the punch.  :)) I'll probably review it in the future, since numerous Dinotales figures aren't covered yet.

Another eBay haul arrived today!

^These were two separate lots by one seller; I bought both and the seller combined the shipping costs, so altogether these cost me a bit over $50 - which seemed like a pretty good price to me. They were all a little dusty, and a few are nicked and scratched (Cetiosaurus especially), but............... These are cool. I don't know what it is, exactly, that enamors me so much about them, but.... "Well, there it is."  :))
I'll probably resell the duplicate rex & trike, since I only need one of each.

PhilSauria

Nice pick up, as they say. Hard to put a finger on what makes them so appealing - they are certainly iconic and as part of that some of them manage to be both old school or retro and still look up to date!, to my eye anyhow. Stopped looking for any more of these myself after the ones I wanted weren't turning up in listings or if they did were out of my price range. Your post has reminded me just why I was tracking these down so maybe I'll put them back on my regular searches. Great pic, thanks for sharing.

australovenator

This guy just arrived today. I'm very impressed, it's even better in person.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Fembrogon for your new acquisitions of Invicta dinosaurs is a very valuable lot.

Regarding tyrannosaurus feathered rex Safari 2017 by Doug Watson I totally agree with you avatar_australovenator @australovenator  that it is better to see it in person than in photography to me in general with most of the figures of the different companies of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals . The feathered Tyrannosaurus rex of Safari is a work of art.

Fembrogon

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 23, 2018, 02:58:02 AM
Nice pick up, as they say. Hard to put a finger on what makes them so appealing - they are certainly iconic and as part of that some of them manage to be both old school or retro and still look up to date!, to my eye anyhow.
I think there's something very lifelike in the sculpting of the figures; even with the outdated designs and visible mold seams, the detail in the skin & musculature of the figures suggests to me that the sculptors knew how to portray anatomy very well.

avatar_australovenator @australovenator Isn't she a beaut? the Safari rex really does deserve all the praise it gets.

australovenator

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 24, 2018, 12:14:55 AM
avatar_australovenator @australovenator Isn't she a beaut? the Safari rex really does deserve all the praise it gets.

It really is and it really does. The more I look at it, the more impressed I am. The stuff Doug Watson is doing with Safari is blowing much of the competition out of the water at the moment.

IrritatorRaji

Newest additions! Dinosaurs In The Wild Dakotaraptor and Tyrannosaurus figures (not all for me, bought some for other people), DITW poster, and the Vitae Chilantaisaurus! :))

Shonisaurus

The dakotaraptor and the tyrannosaurus have nothing to envy to the raptors of Beast of the Mesozoic. They are very pretty.

On the other hand IrritatorRaji congratulate you apart from those acquisitions by the new dinosaur of Vitae Chilantaisaurus.

Roselaar

Lovely new acqs, IrritatorRaji! Very cool poster as well.

IrritatorRaji

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus The DitW and BotM figures are great in their own ways :) The Dakotaraptor is HUGE (easily twice the size of the raptors at 60cm / 23.6 inches) but functions better as a really simple toy. The BotM raptors are intricately sculpted display pieces. Though, one thing that the DitW dinosaurs do better at than the BotM raptors is that they can stand, I didn't think they could (that's why they're sitting / laying down in the picture), but yeah, the Dakota and Rex can stand with some precise leg work :D

Also, a brand new bunch of stuff I got yesterday... totally all mine...every single one of them... I'm really rich... I can afford all of this.... yep....

Yeah okay none of these are mine, they're Roselaar's :))

But I did buy something for myself...!

PhilSauria

Someone's been hittin, the stores big time. That's quite the service that you are providing for 'out of town' shoppers. Good on you! And that's one really well-fed rex, he / she ate what the Papo walking rex didn't get to. Liked the Raptor size compa too.

IrritatorRaji

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria Raiding all the stores and dinosaur exhibitions, yeah :O My local Smyths toys have seen me buying JW:FK stuff so often that the staff calls me "dino freak" (and the fact that I always go there in my pyjamas probably does nothing for my image).
And oh yeah, the DitW Tyrannosaurs are well fed, watched them kill 3 Triceratops during the event (+1 human because a Rex broke into the viewing dome a brave soldier went to go "buy us some time" :P)

MLMjp

With this, I say goodbye to Jurassic World toys......Until Christmas of course >:D

Nimravus

This week has been up to now pretty busy. The new Vitae Carnosaurs have arrived home! I will buy the other two ones, but money is driving  :(

And marching towards the same herd of preys...

More photos in my thread.

Roselaar

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji : not yet they're mine they're not. They will be when they arrive. Looking forward to that day! And glad to see you found yourself that beautiful Ceratosaurus. :)

Finally got around to unpacking all my BotM Raptors. God, these are awesome...:

IrritatorRaji

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar They were bought with your money though :P

But wow wow wow! Those raptors! What I'd give for a big pack like that! :))

Shonisaurus

I will never tire of commenting and repeating that BoTM's raptors are fabulous, they serve to make cool dioramas about prehistory. I'm very happy for you, Roselaar.

Faelrin

It's amazing seeing all the raptors together like that. What an interesting way to display the accessory packs too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: