News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on June 08, 2020, 11:57:20 PM
I'm wondering why the carapece on the one Ankylosaurus is so white, and the Triceratops are both a weird brown colour. Is this sun-bleaching or was that a variation/repaint that I didn't know about. Also, why am I buying multiple copes of the same toy that I already own? I have a problem.

:)) :)) You donĀ“t have a problem. You are a collector.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on June 08, 2020, 11:57:20 PM
I'm wondering why the carapece on the one Ankylosaurus is so white, and the Triceratops are both a weird brown colour. Is this sun-bleaching or was that a variation/repaint that I didn't know about. Also, why am I buying multiple copes of the same toy that I already own? I have a problem.

Could be sun fading, if it bleached the harder plastic of the body more than the rubbery head, limbs, and tail. Or some other kind of chemical reaction, the way some Star Wars stormtrooper figure parts turn yellow over time. Or they might have just used a slightly different color plastic during that production run?
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Neosodon

My first acquisition in 2 years.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Neosodon on June 09, 2020, 07:21:32 PM
My first acquisition in 2 years.

thats sounds very long, but i realised the first true accusition i got was in almost 4 years

Shonisaurus

Honestly it is better to collect very late in the afternoon, there are more important things than dinosaurs such as food, clothing, toiletries and pharmaceuticals. They prioritize the most important thing about what is a hobby. I think it's smart what forum members do when it comes to collecting little by little and spending little money on that I should take note in my case and have a little common sense.

Congratulations on your new Neosodon acquisitions.

WalkingWithBeasts

My Bullyland Deinotherium, Smilodon and Eusmilus just arrived this afternoon! Now waiting for my Safari Dodo...
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

EmmaLVV

Traded with avatar_UK @UK for these awesome Kaiyodo figures, plus the Kaiyodo DinoTales fan books 1, 2 and 3.

Shonisaurus

avatar_WalkingWithBeasts @WalkingWithBeasts I congratulate you the prehistoric mammals of Bullyland are very good mammals for the time when they were made more than 22 years ago and sincerely many of them are still valid in the point of view of their paleoartistic reconstruction and the imperishable beauty of those prehistoric mammals continues for the following generations.

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV I congratulate you the Kaiyodo figures are very beautiful comparable to the Favorite Soft Model although in my case I am not a collector of these figures.

WalkingWithBeasts

Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

Neosodon

? @Stolpergeist Unless you live in Japan, it's very impressive you managed to get a hold of those.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Loon

? @Stolpergeist great haul, nice to see I'm not the only one still picking stuff up regularly. The Favorite Stegosaurus is a really nice looking figure, and it's nice to see a Batrachotomus in such good condition.

brontosauruschuck

Got this guy. It looks like nobody's reviewed it yet. Didn't come with the cavester, but I can review it anyway.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Stolpergeist on June 10, 2020, 10:25:53 PM

...along with a second Batrachotomus that has slightly better paint condition than my previous one.

..so you just need the blue version to complete the range..  ;D

Libraraptor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 11, 2020, 07:41:11 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on June 10, 2020, 10:25:53 PM

...along with a second Batrachotomus that has slightly better paint condition than my previous one.

..so you just need the blue version to complete the range..  ;D

Yes, it appears there were at least two differently painted versions of Bullyland Batrachotomus.

B @brontosauruschuck - Nice Stegosaurus, I am looking forward to your review of it!

EmmaLVV

My Eofauna Steppe Mammoth from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur turned up today! Just the Gigantosaurus left to get. ;D

Shonisaurus

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV I congratulate you for the good taste you have the  trogonterii mammoth Eofauna is one of the best woolly elephant figures that exist on the market toda.

Kapitaenosavrvs

It's been a while, but i got two Packages.

One from Spielzeug-guenstig.de and the other was from some Kind of Secret Santa (Wichteln in german). I have a few Friends from Germany and Switzerland and we do this two times a Year.

So, since these Ppl know, that i kind of love Dinosaurs, my Secret Santa send me some Dinosaurs. The Rebor Compi Pack and the Papo Velociraptor. I once bought the single Compi for my Girlfriend, but never wanted to buy the pack or the Papo Velociraptor. Still, i was very Happy and thankful for this Present Idea.But really. This Papo Velociraptor. To me it looks so weird and wrong.

The other Figures are Figures, i always liked. Also, the smaller CollectAs are kind of cheap. Moreover i really really like the smaller Baryonyx, since it lacks the bad movable Jaw. I prefer my Theropods with closed jaws, but it fits the Figure well. They are all beautyful. I'm not the biggest fan of the CollectA Diplodocus, but somehow i wanted it.

PrimevalRaptor

My Safari Deinonychus finally came in the mail (Thanks again avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 for the offering!) and I absolutely love it.

This might just be one of my new favorite models, it looks so good and naturalistic, a far cry from all the scaly monstrous JP raptors around.
Mine does have a slight paint error with the left side lacking the stripe above the eye (and I don't trust myself with painting that over) but it doesn't detract from how good this guy is, especially since you rarely view it from up front. Certainly recommend this one!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs My congratulations on your new purchases of Rebor, Papo and Safari are all very pretty figures.

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor I'm glad you already have the Safari deinonychus is one of the best Safari figures made in 2020. Very well finished.

EmmaLVV

Finally turned up (few days late), but here's my latest addition.

Schleich 16519 Macrauchenia

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: