News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Dinoxels on July 11, 2020, 01:37:47 PM

PNSO Sede!
Is it just me or is mine very grey in comparison to others I have seen in reviews?  ???
I reccomend you give it a few moderatley vibrant washes of color if you are willing to. Dry brush or Wash. But be careful, that figure is expensive.

Stegotyranno420

Dinoxels

Quote from: Stegotyranno on July 11, 2020, 07:41:55 PM

PNSO Sede!
Is it just me or is mine very grey in comparison to others I have seen in reviews?  ???
I reccomend you give it a few moderatley vibrant washes of color if you are willing to. Dry brush or Wash. But be careful, that figure is expensive.
I may just put it under some water to see if it was dust or something.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Dinoxels on July 11, 2020, 07:48:17 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on July 11, 2020, 07:41:55 PM

PNSO Sede!
I may just put it under some water to see if it was dust or something.
Can't you jsut feel that with your finger or a q-tip ear swab

Loon

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I didn't realize how messed up that cheap little Sauropod's legs were until I saw that picture.

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV Great finds with those Invictas. Getting not only the painted versions, but also the bases...that's amazing.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Loon on July 11, 2020, 09:37:47 PM
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I didn't realize how messed up that cheap little Sauropod's legs were until I saw that picture.

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV Great finds with those Invictas. Getting not only the painted versions, but also the bases...that's amazing.
avatar_Loon @Loon sorry to be nitpicky here. The white Invictas were not the bases for the painted ones. Those were made of completely different material.

EmmaLVV

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 11, 2020, 09:59:00 PM
Quote from: Loon on July 11, 2020, 09:37:47 PM

avatar_Loon @Loon sorry to be nitpicky here. The white Invictas were not the bases for the painted ones. Those were made of completely different material.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor is correct. I actually only have one official stand for my Blue whale, and one blank white knockoff stand, which is the one I've used here, just for the photos. One day I'll find those elusive stands!

Loon

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV ah, I see. I'm no expert on Invicta, thanks for the info. I guess those bases are really that rare, then.

Stegotyranno420

Wait, whats so special about a stand?

CityRaptor

ORAORAORA!

Okay, now that the JoJo-reference has been made:
The stands are somewhat rare. That makes them hard to get. And let's face it, stands for marine reptiles and also pterosaurs are something that there needs to be more off.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmmaLVV

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 11, 2020, 11:42:19 PM
ORAORAORA!

Okay, now that the Jjoj-reference has been made:
The stands are somewhat rare. That makes them hard to get. And let's face it, stands for marine reptiles and also pterosaurs are something that there needs to be more off.

<3 JoJo  :))

Plus, the original Invicta stands had the same info stamps from the figures on them too.

Ravonium

Quote from: Stegotyranno on July 11, 2020, 07:42:54 PM
Nice stuff bro.

Thank you very much  :)

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 11, 2020, 11:42:19 PM
ORAORAORA!

Okay, now that the JoJo-reference has been made:

MUDAMUDAMUDA!  ;D

PrimevalRaptor

Some really nice acquisitions!
Gotta say even if the Ankylosaurus looks a bit less vibrant, it also kind of looks like it took a dust bath or something similar which is really cool too! (Must be the work of an enemy Stand)

Dinoxels

I did some water rinses too it and some orange popped out a tad, but I think maybe PNSO is slowly changing the colors on their models, sort of like Papo. Either way, I'm growing to like it more.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Libraraptor

How to avail the Spinosaurus booklet?  Can I order it directly at the Braunschweig museum?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Stolpergeist on July 12, 2020, 10:13:14 PM
avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor I bought it at the museum in January, it was made to accompany the National Geographic exhibition from years ago, I think if you write them an e-mail they might send you one.

The title is "Spinosaurus - Der rätselhafte Riese" and it has the ISBN 978-938693-30-8.

It's pretty nice overall but some of the illustrations are unfortunately uncredited which bugs me a bit, still a neat hardcover book to have.

Thank you. I found out that there is another book on Spinosaurus, written by German author Ernst Probst:

https://www.amazon.de/r%C3%A4tselhafte-Spinosaurus-Forschers-Stromer-Reichenbach/dp/3656953600/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=%22Spinosaurus+-+Der+r%C3%A4tselhafte+Riese%22+and+it+has+the+ISBN+978-938693-30-8.&qid=1594624516&sr=8-1-fkmr0#reader_3656953600

Did you know about that one?

Kapitaenosavrvs

Hi, i was quite exited, when these two came. The Size is just amazing. Sadly, they came completely deformed. Luckily, they are really soft and hollow, so i could cut the Tail of the big boy open and insert a wooden structure, to get the tail straight (it was pointing straight into the sky.). The "small one" just had deformed legs, and i just corrected them also with wooden sticks. It was impossible to reform them with heat.

They are really really impressive and they are going to get repainted and teh Big one gets a Base. The second Picture is a bit for Size comp. Have a nice Week :)

And Congrats to the last Acquisitions here. They are plenty and great i have to say.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Stolpergeist on July 13, 2020, 10:29:51 AM
I've seen it before while browsing for books to get last Christmas.
In the end only bought one, Skeleton Keys by Riley Black, because I blasted my budget on sauropod figures.

^-^ Yeah, money sets the limits for most of us.

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs : Whoa, huge sauropods! Which brands /companies are they?

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 13, 2020, 02:31:48 PM
Whoa, huge sauropods! Which brands /companies are they?

As someone here told me (RobinGoodfellow), these are some Figures from a Chinese Company, but i could not find them under that name (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1555.msg238827#msg238827). I stumbled across them on Aliexpress and since they are no Bootlegs (it seems so), i gave them a try. The feet are accurate and the Size is enourmous. If we label the Big boy as a ~30m+ Titanosaur, we should be at roughly 1:40. But i'm not the best one, when it comes to Numbers. From Head to Tail, he is around 83-85cm in length. Needs a bit work, but i am fine with that. At a Price of 23 Euros, i could not resist. Took about a Month to Germany. ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000074589219.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.63694c4dc8q1Z0 )

EDIT: I looked at my Figures again. They have the Gosnell Stamp aswell and the big one is declared as Diplodocus.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 13, 2020, 02:44:46 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on July 13, 2020, 02:31:48 PM
Whoa, huge sauropods! Which brands /companies are they?

As someone here told me (RobinGoodfellow), these are some Figures from a Chinese Company, but i could not find them under that name (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1555.msg238827#msg238827). I stumbled across them on Aliexpress and since they are no Bootlegs (it seems so), i gave them a try. The feet are accurate and the Size is enourmous. If we label the Big boy as a ~30m+ Titanosaur, we should be at roughly 1:40. But i'm not the best one, when it comes to Numbers. From Head to Tail, he is around 83-85cm in length. Needs a bit work, but i am fine with that. At a Price of 23 Euros, i could not resist. Took about a Month to Germany. ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000074589219.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.63694c4dc8q1Z0 )

EDIT: I looked at my Figures again. They have the Gosnell Stamp aswell and the big one is declared as Diplodocus.

There are also marine reptiles from the same line (  https://flic.kr/p/2gS6u6G )

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: