News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Recent acquisitions from Everything Dinosaur including the star Baryonyx from Safari Ltd, nice big Cycad, newer Papos and CollectA, the ugly Safari Ramphorhynchus because no one makes a nice one. Theropods galore at the moment. Next week should be Ornithiscians galore though with the new PNSO coming to Everything Dinosaur next week. I will open the Cambrian Toob and the Mountain set with Stenonychosaurus ("Troodon") later. Also included my other recent prehistoric acquisitions, the first of the Mary Anning coins, the Temnodontosaurus coin, and Walking with Beats DVD because while I've been rewatching Walking with Dinosaurs on Netflix, no one seems to have Beasts so I had to.

I really, really love the Baryonyx. Thinking of selling my Favorite Co one.
Looking forward to the Ornithiscian arrival
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx What a most excellent haul there. It's like a bunch of my favorite things altogether.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

sauroid

really cool new stuff guys!
my recent-ish ones, got em pre-owned but in excellent condition, the Favorite Co. V2 ceratopsians

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SidB

These were (are) great exemplars of the genuine Araki look. A good snapshot of his approach to dino design, avatar_sauroid @sauroid .

sauroid

Quote from: SidB on March 07, 2021, 12:53:34 PM
These were (are) great exemplars of the genuine Araki look. A good snapshot of his approach to dino design, avatar_sauroid @sauroid .
yup but unfortunately he is known for shrinkwrapping his dino sculpts.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SidB

Quote from: sauroid on March 07, 2021, 02:47:27 PM
Quote from: SidB on March 07, 2021, 12:53:34 PM
yup but unfortunately he is known for shrinkwrapping his dino sculpts.
Yeah, it's true that his vision is now quite out of style and also rather unlikely for a typical healthy animal, BUT these are high quality pieces nevertheless, with good production values, despite the retro 90's look. Still worth of being collected, IMO. Then, I'm biased, as I have the whole range of the soft models from 2004 onwards.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  my congratulations, you are the first lucky and privileged to have the two exceptional Eofauna triceratops, they look great and prettier than in the initial promotional photos. Nice photos.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  My congratulations, you have spent a good capital but have invested much more with the purchase. You will honestly like "Walking among the beasts" from the BBC is one of my favorite series, one hundred percent recommended. I'm so happy for you.

avatar_sauroid @sauroid  My congratulations, Favorite's dinosaurs are some of the best sculptures on the market.

Sarapaurolophus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Awesome haul!

I got surprised by my friend avatar_Nessy @Nessy yesterday, who also had gone on an @Everything_Dinosaur shopping spree :)
She got me the new PNSO Corytho and the re-issue BotM Linheraptor. I had missed out on the first one and was so happy when she put the box in front of me. Talk about early Easter presents! Big thanks again to Nessy, big smoochies! :-*

Both the Corythosaurus and Linheraptor are gorgeous, I highly recommend them:

Jump!

Top-shelf gang

Nessy

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on March 08, 2021, 01:28:32 PM

I got surprised by my friend avatar_Nessy @Nessy yesterday, who also had gone on an avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur shopping spree :)
She got me the new PNSO Corytho and the re-issue BotM Linheraptor. I had missed out on the first one and was so happy when she put the box in front of me. Talk about early Easter presents! Big thanks again to Nessy, big smoochies! :-*

Jump!

Top-shelf gang

For you always, dear :-* They look absolutely stunning!

As Sara said, i had a ED shopping spree (just couldn't resist) and bought this beauties:

Big fan of the BotM figures and the Ceratopsian series has many beautiful specimen. The Styracosaurus was No1 on my list and I can't get off my fingers of it  ;D

Can't wait for the second wave and of course the Tyrannosaurs series  O:-)

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on March 08, 2021, 01:28:32 PM

I got surprised by my friend avatar_Nessy @Nessy yesterday, who also had gone on an avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur shopping spree :)

Jump!

Top-shelf gang

Glad Everything Dinosaur was able to assist, Wave 2 Ceratopsians from the Beasts of the Mesozoic range on their way to Everything Dinosaur too.

Duna

I received these two today ...

As I got some Marx figures, I also wanted an Inpro one so I got this little stegosaurus ...  and the Carnegie 1992 Spinosaurus was in my wanted list for months. I've broken my rule of having more than one figure per species and my rule of not buying innacurate figures, but man, this is one of the most charming figures I've ever seen.  ;D ;D And as I have 5 spinosaurus, I wanted to have a 90s version to show the evolution in the interpretation ...

Libraraptor

avatar_Duna @Duna I like your eclectic way of collecting!

Thialfi

Wooow, beautiful acquisitions everybody, congratulations!

Quote from: sauroid on March 06, 2021, 04:01:19 PM
avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi the Procynosuchus is a lovely gem, i got mine as a gift from one of the veteran collector members of the DTF and one of my most cherished figures.
It absolutely is, it's such a humble, cute little figure. Glad to hear you managed to obtain one as well!

Thialfi

Quote from: Duna on March 08, 2021, 06:28:41 PM
I received these two today ...

As I got some Marx figures, I also wanted an Inpro one so I got this little stegosaurus ...  and the Carnegie 1992 Spinosaurus was in my wanted list for months. I've broken my rule of having more than one figure per species and my rule of not buying innacurate figures, but man, this is one of the most charming figures I've ever seen.  ;D ;D And as I have 5 spinosaurus, I wanted to have a 90s version to show the evolution in the interpretation ...

Oohhh, that spinosaurus is such an iconic figure for me. Congratulations! Back in '92 when I got it spinosaurus figures were quite rare amongst the onslaught of t. rex and triceratops figures. I remember when I played with it I used to let it walk on its hands and feet. Who would guess that almost 30 years later that interpretation wouldn't be too far from the truth!

Mellow Stego

My wife surprised me with these today.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

SidB

Wow, now that's a surprise! What was the occasion?

sauroid

Shonisaurus

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Honestly, that would be the wife one would like to have. You are a very lucky husband, for DTF members the best gift is a dinosaur or something related to the world of prehistory.

Duna

I've received this very much expected parcel today ...

The Eofauna triceratops dominant is an absolute beauty. Now I must buy the other version, too. It's too nice to be displayed alone.  :'( But that will have to wait for the next shipment with the few bunch of Collecta and Safari figures from this year.
I'm very surprised about the quality of the Papo Megaloceros. It's very very good. I'm planning to repaint it to look at it should be.
The Collecta Elasmotherium is a figure I've wanted for a long time, but it was out of stock. I never thought it was SO BIG. My godness! Collecta makes very good prehistoric mammals, and I've planning to get a few more, but man, this Elasmotherium must be the best of the best. The movement of the hair, the color ... beautiful in every way.

I think they make a wonderful pair with those colors ...

sauroid

awesome haul avatar_Duna @Duna and i agree with you re the Elasmotherium, it is magnificent

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: