News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The other 2 PNSO minis, the ones I ordered from China arrived. Now I'm thinking whether I should get the dinosaur chicks (or at least the ones that match adults I have)

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your two new additions to your collection. The PNSO miniatures are super interesting and in nemicolopteus he is a unique figure from my honest point of view.

Stegotyranno420

Thank you all for the comments on the Battat Cryo

Now for the Safari Ltd Feathered Rex

Never thought this will be in my city, let alone my house

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus

Congrats avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 that is a beautiful figure. I still think it's my favourite Tyrannosaurus figure.

I have recently acquired these vintage figures, some of which are more vintage than others:

the Kaiyodo with a missing arm is a freebie. The Invicta painted Cetiosaurus is the star and I bought mainly to keep the Megalosaurus company, pictured below with my other British Jurassic animals.
The Impro Ankylosaurus is, and now has, joined the Invicta collection, aside I realised it was lacking Ankylosaurs. I was semi-tempted by an Impro mammal too, and may add in future if still available .
The Euoplocephalus is to replace one I sold (also bought a new Papo Carnotaurus for the same reason, but that is a more common figure around here so no need to post with these, also hadn't taken it out the package yet which is the main reason)
The Stegosaurus is because I've kinda always liked that 90s Safari Stegosaurus and never owned it, and then there was no point, but since the seller had this as well as those other 3, thought I might add it, and it now temporarily sits on my display board next to the other Morrison Formation animals.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions, the Invicta cetiosaurus is the one that has impressed me the most, I thought it was a figure belonging to another brand, honestly when a figure has paint tints it honestly makes the figure revalue from an aesthetic point of view . Nice acquisitions.

On the other hand I have the stegosaurus from Safari but with that paint tone I don't have it.

Stegotyranno420

In addition to the tyrannosaurus I got the triceratops.  I really hope Michael's get more safari figures in stock, as most are old outdated ones.

Rexy

Got this cute little CollectA Psittacosaurus from my local toy store:

Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

SidB

MLMjp

My acquisitions from the past two months. Also, FINALLY, after a year and a half I got a non-Jurassic World dinosaur.

PrimevalRaptor

Had a spontaneous newcomer today after finding the Zuniceratops in a store here. I have quite a lack of ceratopsians in my collection and this is a rarely made genus (and I remember it fondly from When Dinosaurs Roamed America). It's about as long as other attack packs but feels quite more hefty in shape and I appreciate the lack of elephant feet that plague toy ceratopsians.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Rexy @Rexy  avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420  avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor  avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp  My congratulations on all your new acquisitions.

Sim

Quote from: Thialfi on March 31, 2021, 10:47:06 PM
Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2021, 08:53:22 PM
I recently acquired the Papo Ceratosaurus and the PNSO Miragaia and Carnotaurus.  I'm happy with the Ceratosaurus and Miragaia but I'm not keeping the Carnotaurus.
What is it you don't like about the carnotaurus?

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi, sorry for the late reply.  I find the scales on the Carnotaurus really ugly.  IMO PNSO didn't do a great job on their Carnotaurus, they really should have made the scales finer.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats everyone on your recent acquisitions, I notice Ceratopsians seem to be popular

GojiraGuy1954

I went on holiday to the north of scotland and got back home a couple days ago. While I was there I acquired the Papo Polar Bear, Papo Moose, Schleich Warthog (2021), Schleich Giant Tortoise and Schleich Gorilla. Some of my first extant animals from either company.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Thialfi

Quote from: Sim on July 22, 2021, 09:39:21 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on March 31, 2021, 10:47:06 PM
Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2021, 08:53:22 PM
I recently acquired the Papo Ceratosaurus and the PNSO Miragaia and Carnotaurus.  I'm happy with the Ceratosaurus and Miragaia but I'm not keeping the Carnotaurus.
What is it you don't like about the carnotaurus?

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi, sorry for the late reply.  I find the scales on the Carnotaurus really ugly.  IMO PNSO didn't do a great job on their Carnotaurus, they really should have made the scales finer.
No worries, I really appreciate your response! I am on the fence about the carno myself, so I am gathering opinions a bit. I definitely see your point, yes. Thanks!

CityRaptor

Not a toy, but I got this:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ceratopsian

Kapitaenosavrvs

Congrats to Everyone!

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor Neat!!

I will continue with non PNSO Figures. 3 Figures i always wanted, but i was not sure if i really want to. But since PNSO is way too pricey again, i felt the Joy of getting 3 wonderful Figures for the Price of one cheaper PNSO Figure. These are all on the Repainting list. I kind of like the CollectA hunting rex. It looks so massive. And is so cheap to buy. :D
The Giraffatitan b. from Safari was always a bit like a misfit to me. The Colours are awful, but the sculpt is.. it is really good. And it is not THAT small. And it was 15 Euros.

The Chick is my highlight. It is absolutely brilliant to me. Qualitywise it is on par with the PNSO minis or even (yes.) Kaiyodos. Maybe even a bit better to me. Photos are not perfect.

Paleona

Really love that Giraffatitan, avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs ! The coloring isn't the best, but it does remind me of old toys I played with when I was a kid.

Here are my recent gets! No figures or toys, so maybe it won't be super interesting to anyone, but...

First, this Ankyolsaurus pin by dinosaurcomics (on Instagram) - I really love his work and Anky is my boy:

Next up, Kurzgesagt has become one of my favorite Youtube channels, so I got this big poster from them! I tried to take a pic with as little glare as possible, but it's still a bit ehh. This is very vibrant and pretty in person, I have it right next to my desk:

A full set of these storybooks that were McDonald's prizes back in 1989! The "Danger Under the Lake" is my childhood copy, but the rest are brand new. They all came with cassette tapes, which I haven't photographed. I honestly love 80's and 90's dinosaur art, there's a lot of charm to it! Any sort of accuracy issues aside, it's still really sweet art:

And the big treasure of this batch (in my opinion) - my husband recently got me four big binders of the old Dinosaurs! magazine from the 90's <3 These are super nostalgic for me and are really fun to read through! I like comparing the info to our modern understanding of dinosaurs. It's pretty amusing to see some of it, like the speculative Deinocheirus illustrations. The art can be really hit or miss, but here's a Baryonyx spread that I think is still really lovely:

Gwangi

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor, I've got the same sign hanging in my garage.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: