News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 27, 2021, 01:50:09 PM
avatar_JohannesB @Archosaur looks like an interesting book, might have to check that one out myself.

This might sound strange, but the lightheartedness and the humor are something I love about this book, it makes for very nice reading. Also, it finds a great middle ground between assuming the reader is intelligent but not burying the reader under heaps of facts and jargon. It has tons of wonderful illustrations too. It is really a great introductory textbook for non-science majors (and other enthusiasts, I would say), "organized through the lens of phylogenetic systematics", focussing not so much on dates, names and places, but on "the creative synthesis of these data", or the process of scientific reasoning and discovery. As such, you will not find comprehensive lists of dinosaur species etc. (it is not an encyclopedia.) It may be expensive (textbooks like this always are, I guess), but it is completely worth it.

Shonisaurus

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp  My congratulations on your new acquisition Mattel JP / JW figures are interesting.

avatar_JohannesB @Archosaur  My congratulations on your tarbosaurus, without a doubt highly tempting figure that is superior to its Favorite counterpart in limited version and in the 2020 version.

Roselaar

Got a really big box in today. It included two older JW items I still needed:

It also contained my long anticipated first batch of BotM Ceratopsians. Oh my, are they gorgeous! I think I have new favorites in terms of dinosaur toys, these are just amazing in every respect!

I'm gonna open these one Ceratopsian a day, to make me not overdose on dinosaur goodness.  ^-^

Mellow Stego

Amazing haul avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar!!

As for me I lucked out at Target today.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

Hello guys:

I just took some pictures of my new acquisitions after months of drought. I know that the images are not good because I use natural light and not artificial light since the "barbarians" of the electricity companies allied to the politicians of my nation (I do not differentiate any political ideology) are economically penalizing consumers like me, they are definitely doing their best with homeowners, and I prefer to do a "war economy" because you never know. Step of spending electricity.

Due to my brutal rheumatism that has me condemned to wear a cane and a girdle, I have not been able to take these photographs for weeks, but now I publish them.

They are the two paint versions of Eofauna triceratops, spinosaurus from Safari 2020 and mapusaurus from Collecta 2020. Hope you like them.

Many more photographs and you are published in "Shonisaurus collection"

Dusty Wren

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego, are those the Snap Squad dinos? That grumpy-looking Stego is adorable.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, congrats on getting both versions of the Eofauna Trike! They look awesome together.

These two Qualia dinos arrived on my doorstep today:

They're both charming little figures, but the Lambeosaurus is especially nice. Kind of wish I had a whole lineup of mini hadrosaurs for my desk now.

Special thanks to avatar_brettnj @brettnj for making this happen, and for going above and beyond to make sure I got the best price on shipping. Highly recommend dropping him a line if you need anything from Japan. 
Check out my customs thread!

Rexy

Picked up these two today, the CollectA 2020 Megalosaurus and the Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Roar Attack Baryonyx. I've got the Megalosaurus that CollectA brought out in 2009 and, personally, I prefer the patterns and colouring on the new one. I think it looks more realistic.
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego My congratulations, those Qualia dinosaurs are very pretty. It's amazing how many dinosaur companies exist today including defunct vintage companies whose figures can be found on eBay for example. And it's true, the Eofauna figures are lovely and the factory material relentlessly good, not just the sculpture and painting that are taken for granted to be one hundred percent outstanding.

avatar_Rexy @Rexy   My congratulations, in September I will have my megalosaurus from Collecta 2021 thanks to Alcaiceria. Thanks for sharing, they are whimsical figures. I like that baryonyx better even if I don't consume JP / JW figures.

sauroid

finally got the beautiful PNSO Yutyrannus.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SidB

It's a handsome piece. That's what Rebor should have done

sauroid

S @SidB agreed. wasted opportunity. hope they improve/update their Yutyrannus in the future.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Carnoking

Huge thank you to avatar_Bread @Bread for this awesome set at an awesome price! Been hunting for the original Fallen Queen for a little over a year now so it's great to finally have the two as a pair.

Really hope REBOR gets back into doing these kinds of pieces with their improved methods. Honestly, their older models were never the prettiest but the level of storytelling you could achieve with the various sets makes for awesome display potential.

Really looking forward to posing the Fallen Queen with their updated T. rex. Now if only they could release a certain Trike figure....

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren That Lambeosaurus looks really nice and detailed for such a small figure. Interesting bipedal pose, as well.

Bread

Dang, your photos do this set justice avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, I am glad they made it safe and are now in a good home. I also agree about Rebor, they need to do some more of these set ideas.

sauroid

would you consider the King T. rex as a JP/JW style rex or an intermediate between the movie rex and a semi accurate rendition?

Stegotyranno420

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: sauroid on August 01, 2021, 04:47:21 PM
finally got the beautiful PNSO Yutyrannus.

beautiful acquisition avatar_sauroid @sauroid
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

Quote from: sauroid on August 01, 2021, 06:02:39 PM
would you consider the King T. rex as a JP/JW style rex or an intermediate between the movie rex and a semi accurate rendition?
Definitely a more JP style but on steroids. Nothing wrong with that, I still think it is a beautiful model.

Also, congratulations on the pickup of the Yutyrannus. A beautiful model indeed by PNSO!

Carnoking

Quote from: sauroid on August 01, 2021, 06:02:39 PM

There's next to nothing about it that says accurate rex to me but I do definitely see some JP aesthetics coming through, so I would say the former the option.

Fembrogon

Lots of great acquisitions as always here. avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, your case is especially nice; it's great to see the community look out for each other. I'm also excited to see Oakley starting to arrive; I also backed the Kickstarter, so hopefully mine will be arriving any day now!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: