News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs i also have that WS Brachiosaurus. also wish it were painted differently.
congrats everyone. great hauls.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Pachyrhinosaurus

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor I just bought a pair of Sinclair signs from the same company. I had to get that one especially since I live in Pennsylvania. It's a nice tie-in between dinosaurs and nostalgic Americana.

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs I remember how excited I was when the new WS brachiosaurus came out. I bought it at my favorite toy store when they got them in; it's easily one of my favorite dinosaur figures.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Psittacoraptor

My last PNSO purchases for a while, at least until the Aliexpress situation gets resolved. These were my holy grails of PNSO, so I'm very happy. Please more pterosaurs, PNSO! Tracy is too beautiful to stay all alone.

Carnoking

Another PNSO Haul came in. Chaunzi, Connor, and Yinqi.

Connor is more or less what I expected. I gotta say, I really like the color scheme, and I think it's quite well applied. Even the mustard yellow on the face, which I originally did not care for at all when I first started seeing in-hand images turned out looking better in person. Still, there's just something about the head that feels a bit cartoony with this one. Wish I could put my finger on it but yeah, not my favorite.

Then of course, beautiful Yinqi. Love this figure, so much so I felt he was deserving of a little display base. Can anyone recognize where it's from  ;)

And finally, Chuazni, the Tarbosaurus. I am obsessed with this fat bugger. Easily in my top five PNSO figures (which is saying something given the amount of cool stuff they've done) and probably my favorite Tyrannosaur in my collection.

As per usual, as soon as I get caught up on PNSO, another three are released. So see ya next time!  :P

Bread

Wonderful PNSO pickups avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor and avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking

The more I see that Tarbosaurus, the more I am inclined to maybe sell Winter Wilson and replace his spot with their Tarbo. Decisions decisions....

Leyster

Quote from: Carnoking on July 24, 2021, 06:48:22 PM

Then of course, beautiful Yinqi. Love this figure, so much so I felt he was deserving of a little display base. Can anyone recognize where it's from  ;)

May I ask where did you acquire the base without the corresponding figure, I think?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Bread

Quote from: Leyster on July 25, 2021, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on July 24, 2021, 06:48:22 PM

May I ask where did you acquire the base without the corresponding figure, I think?
That base is from Rebor's Yutyrannus. I don't know how hard that set or just base in general would be to acquire. I doubt you will want the Yutyrannus as it is probably one of Rebor's most controversial figure due to lack of feathers.

Halichoeres

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 glad to see you were able to find those in person. It can be difficult to find good figures offline.

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs that Brach really is a nice sculpt. Looking forward to seeing what you make of it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thanks. It's so much better to see it in person as you can actually review it a bit in real light without guesswork. That is the reason I got the Battat  Cryolophosaurus, as before I did not like it but seeing it in that Kohl's store, it looked amazing, and made me appreciate the late Dan Lorusso 's work more. Same with the Safari figures, I'm starting to like Doug Watson even more.
I also got the 2009(?) Dilophosaurus Wetherli, and I will customize the crest, arms and fix the shrink wrapping.
I will send photographs tomorrow.

The store I got these figures from also have the old Velociraptor which I have no interest in, but might customize, the old Mammoth, and the new Pteranodon, which is smaller than I thought, but still a bit too big for a 1:40-1:35 collection, and the new Brachiosaurus, which is the opposite, bigger than I thought, but still far too small.

I used to rely on Target for getting figures, as I hoped they will have had Battats before COVID began. I planned to get them, but last I went all was replaced by Mattels. But luckily Kohls have the figures(atleast the Carnotaurus, the Cryolophosaurus, the Innacurate Ceratosaurus and Dacentrurus (which is not to my liking despite my enjoyment towards Dacentrurus armatus), but it's a bit too far from my city.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  My congratulations on all your new acquisitions, the last wave PNSO theropod dinosaurs are pretty cool figures. I'm glad for you.
avatar_Paleona @Paleona  My congratulations on all your new books. Honestly, sometimes dinosaur books are much more interesting than dinosaurs since you never tire of reading them, dinosaur figures are many well-made figures but after the euphoria of the purchase they are often cornered on their shelves, in my This is not the case, but in many collectors the novelties of figures of dinosaurs and other new prehistoric animals prevail.

SRF

Congratulations avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  on your new theropods. I received these three at the same time as well. Funny how I feel almost exactly the same way about them as you do. The Torvosaurus has indeed a bit of a cartoony look. I also feel that the detail inside the mouth and under the feet is a bit underwhelming. The colors do make up for it though, but it really can't compete with the other two. Only the Tarbosaurus is, even with the improved skin texture, my second favorite Tyrannosaur after Wilson.

Are you going to do some reviews on these figures btw?
But today, I'm just being father

MLMjp

You know, I use to not like those three PNSO figures at first, but now I really like them. Thank you avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking cause your pictures sold me on them, mostly.

Not sure when I will get any of them if I keep spending my money on other things...

Faelrin

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Glad to see you picked those up. Both on my wishlist still, but hopefully I'll have them in hand before the end of the year.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Congrats on getting all those. Some of their best theropods so far I think.

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp Glad to see you got that set now. I'm waiting for mine to ship. Hopefully soon here. Definitely one of the best looking EC T. rex figures too from the looks of it. I think they really nailed the look of the animatronic from that scene, at least the coloring on the face.

I have something special to share today. I am so, so grateful for this gift. It's a larger then life Opabinia plush from Paleo Pals. Opabinia is probably my number two favorite Paleozoic genera after Anomalocaris of course, so having one big enough to cuddle with is amazing. Many thanks to avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres for helping me get this. Its arrival completely surprised me today, although I was expecting it to come soon.

Some history about this. When the kickstarter went live, it was either when I was experiencing covid, or the rough recovery, which also financially ruined my family for a time, and was a very hard and long process to recover from. I feared that I would miss out, but he thankfully pitched in to help me get this. I could not be more happy that he did such a kind thing for me, especially at such a worse time in my life. Once again many thanks to him.

Here it is with another one of my Cambrian period plushies from PRI's line of Paleozoic Pals, their Peytoia:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

avatar_SRF @SRF Would love to talk about these figures, especially the Tarbosaurus. I'm ready to praise the heck out of that chonker. That being said, I am stupidly backed up on reviews right now. Haven't tackled a single BotM since the zuniceratops, still need to take a look at the new Eofauna Trikes, Safari's 2021 lineup has been on the back burner since I got the figures, I definitely need to talk about REBOR's new Carnotaurus at some point since that was my most anticipated model in recent memory, Nanmu's had some great recent releases I haven't looked at yet, and I still haven't even gone over half of PNSO's stuff. I gotta streamline my review process because it just takes way too much time to put one of my videos together and then I just wind up getting buried in stuff I want to talk about but can never get to with my schedule. Hopefully someday I'll be caught up once again. :o

L @Leyster Bread is right, the base is from the REBOR Yutyrannus, or what REBOR called a Yutyrannus, and the base is the best part of that set by a wide margin.

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Wow! Opabinia is one of my favorite extinct animals. I actually wanted to back that kickstarter, but I was very busy at the time and missed the deadline. I totally forgot about it, so I was quite surprised to see it in this thread now.

I'm very happy to see you receive this, especially after the hard times you've had. And how kind of Halichoeres to help you get it!

JohannesB

I am genuinely delighted with both acquisitions  8)

Halichoeres

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin so glad that worked out! Enjoy :)

avatar_JohannesB @Archosaur looks like an interesting book, might have to check that one out myself.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you very much for the Words! Congrats to avatar_JohannesB @Archosaur. The Tarbo is still on my List.
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin These look amazing! I am quite jealous. :D
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Wonderful. These 3 are my favourites of the newer PNSO Theropods. Next to the Carcharodontosaurus.

avatar_Paleona @Paleona Yeah, the Colouration will have to go. But yes, it is the classic Dinosaur green :D Lovely Stuff. I especially like the collection of the Dinosaurs! Magazines. So much great stuff over here in general.
avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor I love my Nemi aswell. Such a great Figure. And so cute.

Thank you avatar_sauroid @sauroid, it will change :)
Thanks, avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres. It is funny. I never considered this Figure to be good. It had some kind of negative Ghost around it, like the Safari Dilpodocus (The blue one). Because everyone was always complaining about them, and how the carnegie ones ware better, i never really looked at them. Not really. Which is weird, because i never judge on a figure because of Stuff, other Humans say. But i prefer the blue Diplodocus over the Carnegie one. Just Sculptwise. And the Brachio/Giraffatitan is really a great deal overall. It feels like my personal poor mans Version of the W-Dragon Giraffatitan :D He will not get a base, because my Sauropods are standing together and that would mean i have to do bases for all of them and they are not to scale and blablabla. You know the problems. :D But i will repaint it. But takes a while, because of other Projects right now.

Leyster

Quote from: Carnoking on July 27, 2021, 01:52:25 AM

L @Leyster the base is the best part of that set by a wide margin.
This for sure  :))
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Duna

Quote from: MLMjp on July 26, 2021, 09:34:11 PM
Not sure when I will get any of them if I keep spending my money on other things...
I really like that pack more and more .... congrats!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: