News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Here's a recent haul, including my 1st ever BotM & Qualia figures, plus the Eofauna Diplodocus!

More pics in my collection thread.

Remko

Although I already had the cheap Giganotosaurus by Vitae, the light colored shiny one, I never had the original version with the diorama base.

Well, finally got that one too.
I think.

I got it on AliExpress and t arrived yesterday. Full box, with the figure and the base.

Base looks great, but instead of Giganotosaurus, there's an image of Vitae's Majungasaurus on the bottom.
The correct image is shown on the box though.

The figure itself is nice. But although not the lightly colored cheap version, it's also not exactly the one I know from the review here on the site. It still has a glossy feel, and the paintjob doesn't really match up. It's there, just a bit more faded.

I'll post some photo's of it tomorrow.
My idea is that it's the original packaging, but another variant of the cheaper figure. Just a bit darker paintjob, but still with the shiny gloss finish.

I'm considering filing a report with AliExpress for not exactly receiving what I've ordered.

Fembrogon

This guy came in as a surprise today; I didn't really expect it for at least a few more days.
I was initially only planning to get Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus for the PNSO sales, but I had enough coupons/discounts stacked that I figured "hey, why not?" The former two are still on the way, but this makes for a good appetizer.

I'm immediately struck by just how stable and solid the model really is - although it appears mine also has the design flaw where the jaw hinge is putting pressure on the corner of the mouth and damaging it. Something to look out for.

SidB

Congrats, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, a good fit for your other two future PNSO arrivals.

Ikessauro

Just received a few items from eBay.
First of all, a second copy of the WWD Utahraptor, badly sunbleached as it seems. Placed it next to my normal copy for comparison. It is almost all white, with just a few remnants of the yellow in a few places.
I bought it because I had a personal custom project of creating the WWD Dromaeosaurus repainting a Utahraptor, which now I can start. More on that on my Customs and Repaints thread.

Also these two Invictas came in, which made me quite happy, because they look almost new.

Lynx

The king has arrived!
An oversized house cat.

Duna

You are very lucky avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro to have got the super rare Invicta painted pteranodon, I think it only appears once every two years or so. Almost as rare as the painted blue whale.

Congrats avatar_Lynx @Lynx for the superb king! It's surprising how good it looks even for the time. Not only a very detailed sculpt but also a magnificent paintjob.

Libraraptor

No. No. No. I do not just hit that like button. I want to give my congratultions to everyone with a real post :) You know me well enough to know I am especially fond of the painted Invictas.

SidB

Quote from: Lynx on November 12, 2022, 07:53:04 PM

The king has arrived!
Congrats, avatar_Lynx @Lynx on your acquisition of this gem, a great sculpt by Rogers.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Lynx on November 12, 2022, 07:53:04 PMThe king has arrived!

King indeed. One that really stands the test of time. Still one of my favourite models.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Duna on November 12, 2022, 10:04:12 PMYou are very lucky avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro to have got the super rare Invicta painted pteranodon, I think it only appears once every two years or so. Almost as rare as the painted blue whale.

Congrats avatar_Lynx @Lynx for the superb king! It's surprising how good it looks even for the time. Not only a very detailed sculpt but also a magnificent paintjob.
Quote from: Libraraptor on November 12, 2022, 10:15:25 PMNo. No. No. I do not just hit that like button. I want to give my congratultions to everyone with a real post :) You know me well enough to know I am especially fond of the painted Invictas.

Thanks guys! I really did get lucky on that one. Got it on a cheap lot, with a few carnegie figures and an Invicta unpainted Mammoth, all figures I already have, so I didn't bother including in the shot. The Cetiosaurus wasn't too bad either, quite a fair price I'd say. Now I am waiting for another painted Invicta to arrive, but that should take a while. Gotta catch'em all!  ;D

Fembrogon

Some terrific acquisitions here. Those Invictas are quite the exciting grabs, and the Carnotaurus is is a reare gem as well!
That Dromaeosaurus repaint prject sounds cool, avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro; I look forward to the finished figure!

Duna

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 13, 2022, 02:15:21 AMThanks guys! I really did get lucky on that one. Got it on a cheap lot, with a few carnegie figures and an Invicta unpainted Mammoth, all figures I already have, so I didn't bother including in the shot. The Cetiosaurus wasn't too bad either, quite a fair price I'd say. Now I am waiting for another painted Invicta to arrive, but that should take a while. Gotta catch'em all!  ;D
I'm sure you will! You just got the Pteranodon, the rarest of all of them!

Fembrogon

It's box day again!

My order from Happy Hen Toys has arrived swiftly and securely. Both of these PNSO models look beautiful right out of the box; but man, this Tsintaosaurus release seems like 70% box. I'm very glad I didn't pay full price for it.
I'm excited with these nonetheless, and look forward to examining them in more detail today while waiting for my Deino and Theri.

Carnoking

I've been eyeing PNSO's mini pack for a while now but never got around to pulling the trigger until recently. Amazon had it on sale along with an additional 17% off, and at that price (roughly 1.75 a figure), I couldn't pass it up. And after all this time buying the Mattel minis for more than that, I can say these are well worth it.

I probably won't open all of them, just ones I think will display well. Figured I'd open one a day like a dinosaur collector advent calendar. First up is my favorite ceratopsian, it's Abel the Kosmoceratops! Some pretty nice artwork with these figures, would be nice to see that used as reference for a 1:35 scale figure as well!

Fembrogon

The big claws are here!

I'm kind of amused at how much smaller than the Deino the Theri is; but both models look exquisite. Deino's jaw doesn't appear to close all the way, but that's my only immediate criticism. Both dinos are balancing quite nicely, too!

triceratops83

They make an adorable couple! It's so cool PNSO released these two at about the same time, I can't imagine buying one without the other.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

EmperorDinobot

Goodness they look so beautiful together.

THAT'S IT! I am clearing an entire area and begin throwing my money at PNSO figures!

...once I get a stable job, of course. I should be saving but oh well.

Takama

Got a Couple 1:40 Stegouros Via Kayakasaurus Etsy Shop recently

Just goes to show how small this Dinosaur is

Takama

Also

Before my Cardiac ordeal, I commisioned a new Artist to Create a 1:35 Scale Dromaeosaurus.

This was the result, and I did not get the result until directly after I Was Discharged from the Hospital, But its only now that Remembered to show it off here.   

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: