News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 27, 2019, 11:22:29 AM
4 new additions to my Baryonyx collection...

The JW Baryonyx is my first JW toy and I did not realise they were so nicely detailed, it's a really cool toy and looks far superior to the creature that appears in the film. Also I only just discovered that this K&M plush Baryonyx existed and one just happened to show up on ebay.

How did you get the mouth to stay shut? Did it come like that?

(if you reply, tag me so I check it please)

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on May 01, 2019, 08:11:38 PM
The JW Baryonyx is my first JW toy and I did not realise they were so nicely detailed, it's a really cool toy and looks far superior to the creature that appears in the film. Also I only just discovered that this K&M plush Baryonyx existed and one just happened to show up on ebay.

Shonisaurus

For me the medium-sized figures of Collecta compete in beauty with the PNSO miniatures. I congratulate you on your new DragonRider02 figures.

Dilopho

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 01, 2019, 10:17:58 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on May 01, 2019, 08:11:38 PM

:)) :)) :)) Okay...I thought so but I thought it'd be something to do with the button

Roselaar

King's Day 2019 haul. Was pleasantly surprised by still finding a fair number of old JPS1 dinosaurs. Also, Larami Plesiosaurus (exactly the one I still needed, what are the odds!), Starlux Nothosaurus and assorted goodies. Plus, pink Ceratosaurus (labeled as Oviraptor... :P)! Good year!  ^-^

Also, these JWFK hand puppets:

DragonRider02

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar what brand is that large, brown/white feathered Raptor (next to the mamooth)? It looks pretty cool!

Roselaar

Quote from: DragonRider02 on May 03, 2019, 03:54:46 PM
avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar what brand is that large, brown/white feathered Raptor (next to the mamooth)? It looks pretty cool!

It's a Chap Mei figure. It's okay, a bit cartoonish.

paintingdinos

A fun book just arrived today!

I posted a while back about getting this book, illustrated by a Swedish artist named Johan Egerkrans:

Its got some really neat, stylized illustrations of dinosaurs and a squeal was produced called "Flygödlor och Havsmonster" that focuses on prehistoric reptiles... I've wanted a copy for a while, but both books were produced in/circulated in Sweden. Not impossible to get hold of but certainly not as easy as ordering on Amazon! Anyway, I finally found one from a seller I felt good about, and it arrived today:

The illustrations are really fun and beautiful, and are the main reasons I purchased both books. But I do wish I could read the text   :P

DragonRider02

Ohh I love that guy's art style, especially the way he draws pterosaurs! I wish I could have those books!

MLMjp

Those books look really cool! Do you know if there is a version in English?

paintingdinos

I don't think there's an English translation yet, at least not one I could find (I couldn't even find a seller outside of Sweden). But some of his other books have been translated, so hopefully its a future possibility.

postsaurischian

Very nice illustrator this Johan Egerkrans. I'd also like to have especially the second book with marine reptiles and pterosaurs :) .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar: What is this one?

JohannesB

Quote from: paintingdinos on May 04, 2019, 06:47:09 PM
The illustrations are really fun and beautiful, and are the main reasons I purchased both books. But I do wish I could read the text   :P

I've got his book "Nordiska Gudar" (Nordic Gods), and the illustrations in that are awesome. Luckily I can read the text too. There is also an English edition. So maybe these two books could get one later as well?

JohannesB

Quote from: Roselaar on May 03, 2019, 03:49:09 PM
King's Day 2019 haul. Was pleasantly surprised by still finding a fair number of old JPS1 dinosaurs. Also, Larami Plesiosaurus (exactly the one I still needed, what are the odds!), Starlux Nothosaurus and assorted goodies. Plus, pink Ceratosaurus (labeled as Oviraptor... :P)! Good year!  ^-^

I just love that pink Ceratosaurus :-p (That greyish-green "Iguanothing" on the right, is that the same manufacturer? Awesome too.)

Halichoeres

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 04, 2019, 09:32:48 PM

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar: What is this one?

That one caught my eye too. I imagine it's just a generic salamander, but maybe there's a random temnospondyl toy out there that none of us knows about.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

I have one of those. It doesn't have any labels or anything and came with a dollar store bag of generic reptiles. If I had to assign an ID it would be a hellbender.

Roselaar

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 05, 2019, 06:48:00 PM
I have one of those. It doesn't have any labels or anything and came with a dollar store bag of generic reptiles. If I had to assign an ID it would be a hellbender.

This. It's some random bin-figure, but it looks pretty good. Very PlayVision-y in style. Couldn't resist for ten cents.

Quote from: Archosaur on May 05, 2019, 10:05:14 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 03, 2019, 03:49:09 PM

That greyish-green "Iguanothing" on the right, is that the same manufacturer? Awesome too.

Don't know about that one. It's very Invicta in style, but it's rubber and bendable. It's definitely an old rendition of an Iguanodon, but its labeled Plateosaurus, along with some descriptions I can't put my finger on. Never seen any figure like it, but I love this one.

And what the heck is that big orange quadruped supposed to be anyway? Or the weird grey T-Rex action figure on the right? :P

BlueKrono

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 05, 2019, 06:48:00 PM

I got mine in a random reptile pack too. Without the lateral crenulations it looks more like a Japanese giant salamander to me.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

I ended up grabbing some more Mattel figures on a whim today:

I was browsing at Target when a Tapejara and this Styracosaurus caught my eye. Tapejara didn't quite convince me, but I took a liking to the Styracosaurus, and then I noticed the Sinoceratops on a nearby rung behind the bland-looking Triceratops repaint. I've waffled on picking up the Sino before, but I was in a buying mood today.
Afterwards I visited Walmart to check for Godzilla: King of the Monsters merchandise, and ended up getting the Mussaurus. Little mouse lizard gives some serious Littlefoot vibes, if you ask me, so I couldn't resist.
All three are pretty nice. Styracosaurus is kind of small for the genus, Sinoceratops' head/sound effect are awfully sensitive, and Mussaurus's head is a bit funky-looking; but overall the gimmicks work well and they have pretty good details and paint schemes.

Shonisaurus

The sinoceratops and styracosaurus are pretty but should be about the same size since the styracosaurus measures 6 meters and the sinoceratops between 6 and 7 meters. Anyway, they are very nice figures, I congratulate you.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: