News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

The Indominus rex roars resonates inside my head every time I see an image of it with the mouth full open. ::)

GGGHHHRRROUAAAAARRRHHHHHHHHH!!!

ItsTwentyBelow

Wow, that Indominus Rex is a terrific action figure! The articulation is smooth and mean! The tail may be just a tad short, but I think it's fine, and I'd take that over the permanent creases left in the tail of my JP brown electronic Rex and Bull T. rex, from being crammed into their boxes. Don't know if I'll make space for this one as I prefer to collect real species (as inaccurate as some dinosaurs portrayed in this franchise are).

All of these repaints seem kind of soon. Cool to see shades of reptilian green on the Baryonyx, but I'm happy with mine and its painted toe claws. New Ceratosaurus is kind of a bleh color. The Metricanthosaurus almost looks too much like the red Herrerasaurus, but otherwise cool coloration. Dual Attack Trike and Concavenator are still new on shelves to me, so it's weird to see new colors for them already. I like this new color best on the Triceratops, but we need one that is closer in size to the original JP Triceratops figure. New colors on the Concavenator look kind of awesome, but I like the green one! Torn there...

Does anyone know if we'll see any sauropods other than the Brachio sneak peek? Is toy fair over? I remember there was a mention of a possible Nasutoceratops coming at some point, but maybe that's Fall?

Went dino hunting in a neighboring county yesterday and found my Albertosaurus! So much joy! Also grabbed a dino damage Pachycephalosaurus, what a nice little figure. Love the color. Go Mattel for making Jurassic Park/World so much fun to collect again! Toy of the Year award EARNED. Watch and learn, Hasbro.

MLMjp

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on February 18, 2019, 03:54:15 PM
Does anyone know if we'll see any sauropods other than the Brachio sneak peek? Is toy fair over? I remember there was a mention of a possible Nasutoceratops coming at some point, but maybe that's Fall?
I believe toy fair extends to tomorrow, but honestly. I think we saw everything that they had to show.
Brachiosaurus being a Legacy collection exclusive for the US (but with a regular release variant for the rest of the world) wasn't shown and it is not going to be shown since Mattel representative said that exclusive figures are not shown on toy fair.
I was expecting the Amargasaurus to be revealed and also the Franklin figure that we saw on the SDCC diorama back in summer, but no, nowhere to be seen. :-\

I´m kinda disappointed, the only thing that I like/want is the Indominus rex, I could not care less about the rest. Well I guess less future stuff > less money to expend in the future.

EDIT: IMPORTANT NEWS
From Jurassic outpost coverage of the toy fair, product description of the Mega Dual Attack assortment: https://jurassicoutpost.com/toy-fair-2019-mattels-reveals-jurassic-world-dino-rivals-line-with-indominus-rex-and-more/
Experience Jurassic World dinosaur play in a whole new way with the Dual Attack dinosaur action figures. These dinosaurs come in a larger size and have two buttons to activate different battle features such as tail and head strikes. Press both buttons at the same time for simultaneous head and tail action. Each dinosaur has movie-inspired sculpting, an articulated head and tail, authentic color and realistic texture. Choose from Stegosaurus, Suchomimus, Amargasaurus and Quetzalcoatlus.

If this description is true, then: Why the hell they did not show them at the fair??!!

ItsTwentyBelow

Well who knows, maybe they'll show us a couple more things tomorrow. Unless someone knows for sure they won't.

There's no reason to think the Amargasaurus and others may have been canceled, is there? I thought I heard we would see Dennis Nedry and Hammond in the Legacy line, too, but I have no solid source for that.

Hopefully there will be fall releases too if that's it for summer. Hope this line keeps rolling (stomping?), especially after earning TOTY.

Edit: Woah, take it easy. Like I was saying... maybe there will be more. More ways to reveal something than just at this toy fair.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Plesiosaurus wasn't at the show either.  I think they are having good success with Britt teasing out new pieces slowly, keeps the suspense and interest building.  I'm actually cool with just buying a couple Indos and a couple Colossal Blue's for Summer, it is much easier on the wallet.  The only repaint I even sorta like is the Bary and I might pick it up if I have the cash when I see it.

MLMjp

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on February 18, 2019, 05:29:37 PM
Well who knows, maybe they'll show us a couple more things tomorrow. Unless someone knows for sure they won't.
Edit: Woah, take it easy. Like I was saying... maybe there will be more. More ways to reveal something than just at this toy fair.
Sorry I did not mean to sound aggressive, I edited the words a bit.
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2019, 05:39:05 PM
The Plesiosaurus wasn't at the show either.  I think they are having good success with Britt teasing out new pieces slowly, keeps the suspense and interest building.  I'm actually cool with just buying a couple Indos and a couple Colossal Blue's for Summer, it is much easier on the wallet.  The only repaint I even sorta like is the Bary and I might pick it up if I have the cash when I see it.
Plesiosaurus is part of the battle damage, which is an exclusive line and they said that they don't show exclusives on toy fair.

Edit: toy ark has released additional images in HD: https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/18/toy-fair-2019-mattel-jurassic-world-337011
Nothing really new, but I have to admit, which such high quality of image some of the repaint look better than before.

Loon

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp gawd, Toyark never fails to have the absolute worst comment sections.

MLMjp

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: MLMjp on February 18, 2019, 05:44:48 PM
Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on February 18, 2019, 05:29:37 PM
Sorry I did not mean to sound aggressive, I edited the words a bit.
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2019, 05:39:05 PM
Plesiosaurus is part of the battle damage, which is an exclusive line and they said that they don't show exclusives on toy fair.

Edit: toy ark has released additional images in HD: https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/18/toy-fair-2019-mattel-jurassic-world-337011
Nothing really new, but I have to admit, which such high quality of image some of the repaint look better than before.

They did show some last year though. So that must be a new policy or just a line.

The Colossal Blue is as interesting to me as the Indominus. I also kind like the cute little Dino Snaps with their dangling legs..lol Will be cool hanging off my hat. ;)

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ladyferry

MLMjp

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 19, 2019, 11:04:59 PM
"Do you remember the first time you saw a dinosaur?"
https://www.facebook.com/Mattel/photos/a.153210937599/10156502319757600/?type=3&theater

IT´S...IT´S A DINOSAUR!

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! :'(

Roselaar

Faelrin

It's so big and beautiful. I didn't expect a full reveal this soon. No doubt this is half my height or even more so. Making a spot in my room for it may be tough but I will not miss out on it. And man is it accurate too. This will be a long wait for it (and the Indominus too) but it will be worth for it being the first in scale and film accurate Brachiosaurus Jurassic Park/World toy.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

suspsy

Very impressive. Will surely cost a pretty penny. Glad I'm not interested in getting it!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Mattel claims that it's retailers that aren't stocking these figures.
But in reality it's the suppliers and distributors who refuse to stock them for some reason.
I really hope the brachio will arrive in my local area, this thing would take a fortune to ship overseas.

PhilSauria

Whoa!! that thing is HUGE! I'd love to have one of these (if only to watch the jaw-drop reaction of anyone laying eyes on it in my study!)

We have Target stores here in Australia so time to start pestering them about it I think because if I had issues trying to get my hands on the Mosasaurus from over here (and failed) due to the shipping fees this would be a non-starter in that area.

I'll be interested to see how this thing gets packaged - gotta be in pieces.

Will we ever get an Apatosaurus?, (I can dream) in anything other than the minis. Never say never with Mattel it seems.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've been trying to figure the height, I think somewhere between 30 and 36" tall.  The Trike doesn't help as it's not on the same level and closer to the camera, Grant is too but at least he is close enough to use to figure out something.

Fembrogon

I think I'd better preorder this as soon as it appears on Target's website. I want it; I don't want to miss out again!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: