You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Quote from: Loon on May 07, 2019, 08:32:05 PM
I checked out the app and does anyone else find it weird that they still haven't removed the Destruct-a-Saurs Dimetrodon and the 2 cancelled legacy figures?

I just noticed, 2 of the dino rivals raptors added are the Destruct-a-Saurs and Legacy TLW raptors. The app's had mistakes before, but who knows.

Nope, they are similar but not the same, the Destruct-a-Saurs lookalike has orange patters instead of yellow, and the other raptor seems to have it´s stripes colored in dark orange instead of brown like the original.

Also I guess the people behind the app just does not care if the item has been canceled or not. Most likely they just got the list of figures that Mattel is planning to releasW and they add them into the app. Whether those figures get released or not does not seem to matter to them.

Loon

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp I just saw the non-dark versions of those and you're right. Also, the app needs some serious quality control, I'm pretty sure it still calls Gallimimus a bird.

Dilopho

Quote from: Gwangi on May 04, 2019, 09:26:13 PM
Anyone else as put off by this as I am? Seriously, five different Tyrannosaurus, and yet here I am without a Spinosaurus.  :-\

Is it just me or does that fight and bite T. rex...is..is it missing an arm? the one facing the camera?

Gwangi

I think you might be right about that arm, didn't even notice it in the store.

stargatedalek

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dilopho

Okay, this one looks brilliant. I can foresee something inevitably getting stuck in it's belly, though. There should be a hole to get 'em out, right? Instead of relying on the throat as a two-way system?

Faelrin

avatar_ChrisLikesDinos @ChrisLikesDinos I really enjoyed watching that review (especially for all those fun size comparisons). I can't wait for this figure to be released so I can get my hands on one. I'm so glad I've held off with getting the Hasbro one after all this time. This one was worth the years of waiting for a better one to be made.

And for those that haven't seen it yet, there's finally in hand/package shots of the Quetzalcoatlus:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxM7anXFN6i/

https://twitter.com/collectjurassic/status/1126105942536413184

Some other pics of it here (I think it has even been sculpted to have pycnofibers):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxNIYb0F-xJ/
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ITdactyl

*snorts coffee out of nose....

*heart stops...

To think this toyline will have a nice Quetz whose only compromise on design (to stay true to the JW aesthetic) is to be naked, is a nice surprise.  I mean, sure it's missing pteroid bones - but it's still a nice depiction.  All that, considering how much JW 'monsterized' the Pteranodon and Dimorphodon (especially the Dimorphodon).

*edit* avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin , which part has the sculpted pycnofibers?  'Might be my bad eyesight, but I'm just seeing wrinkly skin and leathery wing membranes.

MLMjp

Gwangi

That Quetz is the first JW pterosaur to get me excited, although I do like the Attack Pack Dimorphodon.

terrorchicken

I dont usually like large pterosaur toy figures but that one is really nice!

Dilopho

I'm...not liking the eyeball. It looks so creepy. But maybe that's actually a good thing, because Quetzalcoatlus was absolutely terrifying.
It's a shame I can't put it in the walking pose, but oh well. If it was stuck in one pose, I'd rather it be flying than walking.

ItsTwentyBelow

Man I can't wait to find that Quetzalcoatlus!

Things have such funny distribution. My local Fred Meyer has had nothing newer than the Dino Rivals dual strikes, yellow Suchomimus and ATV/Dracorex pack for months. Been waiting for Coleurus or some other newer Attack Packs to show up.

Just visited and saw that they unexpectedly already have several of the new Roarivore repaints out for sale, including the brown Ceratosaurus, green Baryonyx and the Ankylosaurus.

Fembrogon

Okay, I haven't been too interested in this line's pterosaurs, but I definitely want that Quetzal. I'd also be lying if I said the Indominus doesn't look very good, although I personally don't see myself getting it.

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on May 07, 2019, 02:16:53 PM
The neck looks weird. Strikes me as too thin.

Mussaurus was probably mostly bipedal as an adult and quadrupedal as a juvenile, so I read this figure as a youngster. I think a scrawny neck actually works under that interpretation.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

Mussaurus also appears to be one of the more "cartoony" figures in the line, like the Proceratosaurus, for example. It's stylized, for sure; but it's still a charmer.

ItsTwentyBelow

Well, all this Quetzalcoatlus talk inspired me to visit the closest Walmart and Target (Yakima, WA) today, which is a 45 minute drive.

The new Roarivore repaints were out in FORCE at Walmart. I picked up the Styracosaurus and new orange Proceratosaurus there, and they also had Charlie. Sadly no Mussaurus, Coelurus, or Plesiosaurus.

Nothing super new at that Target, but I did see and handle the Dimetrodon there, which was pretty "meh" to me, good to confirm in person. I like my old green JP Dimetro better, though they are both pretty crude.

No Quetz anywhere in sight...yet! Happy hunting fellow dino rangers.

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 10, 2019, 12:15:39 AM
Mussaurus also appears to be one of the more "cartoony" figures in the line, like the Proceratosaurus, for example. It's stylized, for sure; but it's still a charmer.

The Mussaurus may not be the most accurate to the species, but in person I feel it looks surprisingly natural and "Jurassic Park". I'm in love with mine.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: