You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: PhilSauria on June 21, 2019, 09:45:30 AM
Well I'm rapidly running out of options as far as picking up a Plesiosaurus figure and am very close to the point of throwing up my hands and yelling an (expletive!!).

Why are these thing so hard to come by in some countries - it's just not fair.

The only place I've seen them regularly has been Australia.  Just checked ebay and there is one from Guatemala.

Everyone is having this problem, Amazon's release date still says September, I'd say it will get a general release then.

Toasaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on June 21, 2019, 01:33:31 PM
avatar_Toasaurus @Toasaurus Might be a good idea to pre-order the Amazon one and wait for now. Once they have more in stock it'll ship. It's where I got mine from.

Regarding the other option, doesn't Canada have Walmarts though? Could there be a Canadian version of their website you could get it from?
i tried preordering for mussaurus from amazon said it would ship on the first and it didnt when i called amazon they said they didnt have it in stock so i cancelled it as for walamrt the canadian walmart has a very poor selection even on line they dont even have many of new dino rivals  and the listing for the quetzalcoatlus says will ship with in 1 to 3 months which doesnt help and confuese me

tanystropheus

Why doesn't Nasutoceratops and Allosaurus ever show up on Amazon (or any online store for that matter)?

ItsTwentyBelow

Just received the Owen and Dracorex ATV Deluxe Pack for a decent price, from Amazon. Really a fan of sets like these! Now I have the vest-less Owen figure, and I'm happy with this Dracorex so I can skip the Attack Pack version.

Do we know anything else about the Coelurus + Mercenary and Motorcycle set that JP Toys has in their list? Wondering if I will want that version of Coelurus over the very attractive but hard-to-find Attack Pack.

Faelrin

avatar_tanystropheus @tanystropheus If I had to guess it is because of trying to keep this whole Battle at Big Rock thing a secret right now. While the figures scan codes work in the app, they do not show up in the list, before or after scanning them in. Only the repainted Concavenator shows up. So that's odd too. Maybe once it gets closer to August there will be an update fixing it, and maybe by then Amazon will have them. Walmart seems to have been the only place here in the states that has them right now, though I think I've heard about Smyths in the UK getting these as well.

avatar_Toasaurus @Toasaurus It usually means they will get it in stock eventually (in regards to Amazon saying 1 to 3 months). They just don't know when, so they give up to several months as an estimate. I ended up getting my green Herrerasaurus Attack Pack figure when it had something like that. The same kind of thing was up for the Amargasaurus too, which I'm still waiting for them to get it in stock and ship (as is everyone else that wants one likely). Might be your best option right now.

avatar_ItsTwentyBelow @ItsTwentyBelow The app seems to suggest there will only be one Coelurus. That's also assuming that set is still be releasing and hasn't been canceled. Haven't seen anything about it at all. Granted there's other figures in the app we still know nothing about yet either (such as the red Suchomimus). Maybe fall releases if I had to guess.

And speaking of the Battle at Big Rock figures, I finally got the Allosaurus today. My local Walmart was packed full of them.

Here it is with the card:

Here it is with the original Allosaurus:

Here it is with the Nasutoceratops and Concavenator:

Edit: Forgot to add in this pic of my local Walmart (probably the most stocked its ever been in a long time for Jurassic):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

Very jealous of that Wal-Mart display. Mine just has a single vertical row of pegs and single shelf slots directly below them.  :-\

PhilSauria

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 21, 2019, 04:17:15 PM
Quote from: PhilSauria on June 21, 2019, 09:45:30 AM
Well I'm rapidly running out of options as far as picking up a Plesiosaurus figure and am very close to the point of throwing up my hands and yelling an (expletive!!).

Why are these thing so hard to come by in some countries - it's just not fair.

The only place I've seen them regularly has been Australia.  Just checked ebay and there is one from Guatemala.

Everyone is having this problem, Amazon's release date still says September, I'd say it will get a general release then.

Ah, okay, for some reason I thought that this one was already on release and just hard to find here, as is the case for over half of the Mattel waves now. You're right about the Australia release but frustratingly it's on the Target website here but you are offered a 'random selection' as the only option if you try to order it?! I have been in contact with their customer service and been advised that the best bet is to actually find one in store, so I have phoned around, been 'helped' out by a succession of minimum wage teenagers working in the Toy Departments who put the phone down for a couple of minutes and come back on to say that they can't see one on the shelves. (I take it on good faith that they actually looked) So, if they are about over here then who knows how you get hold of one.

A worrying trend here is that a lot of JW stock is being put out with clearance stickers on them so that does not bode well for the future. Although I have only had a passing interest in the range and have picked up a few figures that I liked I think I'll be going around and picking up any others that I had a mind to get 'later' as later they may not be around. In some stores the population of JW figures is slowly diminishing with their places on the shelves and hooks being taken by a lot of generic Chinasaurs - probably a better margin on them for the stores and to the average retailer I'd imagine one Dinosaur figure is as good as another.

Flaffy

Mattel really needs to step up their game if they want the Jurassic World toys to be an ongoing line in the coming years.

Rather than pulling publicity stunts like the SDCC Hammond and Legacy Spinosaurus, they should work on securing shelf spaces on the toy isle; and most important of all... distribute more figures at a wider selection to retailers everywhere, so that parents won't be look at the same exact display every. single. time. and tell their kids "but we already have that one at home".

While I don't blame Mattel for Target and Walmart's incompetency with the Legacy and Battle Damage exclusives respectively. I do wonder why Mattel made the Legacy line exclusive to Target in the first place. The Legacy line should've been general releases with the high demand for them, making them exclusives to an retailer that has proven time and time again to be extremely incompetent at stocking their own exclusives is just a dumb decision.
Why couldn't Mattel have simply repacked the Legacy figures into regular packaging so that the figures not tied down by the contract? Thus having the chance to see the light of day (cough Legacy Dilo cough)

If current trends continue and Mattel continues slacking, I can see low quality chinasaurs, National Geographic rubbish, and Animal Zone trash hogging up even more shelf space than they currently do. (Where I'm from, Animal Zone's "exclusive" Toys r Us line usually takes up 3-4 times the shelf space compared to Mattel JW toys)

PhilSauria

I took this photo this morning at one of the Target stores I went into looking for new stock (and what a waste of time that was) - see if you can spot the JW product! And funny how the generic product is packaged in similar colours.

What JW product was there ran four or five packs deep behind those at the front, of exactly the same thing! How may Stygis or Pteranodons do you need?

tanystropheus

I didn't know there was so much demand for Scelidosaurus:o

ITdactyl

Would anyone here know if the JW side of Mattel has an active voice or presence in American and/or European Toy conventions and other media outlets?  'Trying to figure out if the release for the latest batch of figures are meant only for the Western markets.

'Just curious because I keep asking distributors in my country about the JW toyline (and if there's hope of getting the new critters), and I keep getting the response that JW is an "old movie" so they won't be getting any of the newer figures.  I was even asked by one toyshop to try to prove [that there's] local demand for the JW figures (ugh).

For my Asian neighbors (outside HK and the Philippines), how are your "Fallen Kingdom" sightings?  Are your shops still bringing in the new figures?

Appalachiosaurus

Me trying to calculate which would be cheaper: the comiccon tickets and plane ride to San Diego or buying all the exclusives I want from scalpers off ebay.

Faelrin

I just came across this gallery: https://andynicholson.myportfolio.com/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdon-set-stills Some high res images of the dioramas featured in the Lockwood Manor in FK. Safe to say now that is where the color inspiration came from for the first Concavenator figure, Dracorex, Dimetrodon, Mononykus toys (aside from last year's Attack Pack Dilophosaurus), and in the case of the Concavenator (fourth digit) and Mononykus (feathers), some sculpt detail. It's what I was speculating earlier from using film stills, but this is much more helpful to really see the similarities. Plus it is a much nicer way of viewing those dioramas in the film that you only get brief looks at.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

terrorchicken

nice find! I wonder what that quilled theropod in back of the mononykus herd is supposed to be?

Toasaurus

What happening with mattel lately? Cause theyre seems to be a lack of figures theyre barely restocking, They have poor distribution, preorders are extending, like the preorder for the indominus on entertainment earth which has changed from june release to July release. Amazon is barley getting anything im worried that if this keeps up they'll stop making then and some of the new figures like the brachiosaurus amargasaurus monoykus and the battle damaged spinosaurus will never see the light of day.

stargatedalek

Distribution has gotten pretty sad here. We got excellent distribution for the first couple of waves, we had everything from the first two for certain. But nothing new since the first wave of Dual Attacks and those didn't get restocked.

Toasaurus

And its worse on amazon theyres barly anthing restockong kn amazon

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 26, 2019, 12:54:43 AM
Distribution has gotten pretty sad here. We got excellent distribution for the first couple of waves, we had everything from the first two for certain. But nothing new since the first wave of Dual Attacks and those didn't get restocked.

Welcome to the club of areas that fell victim to piss poor distribution.  :-\
It's almost as if Mattel doesn't want our money, and is trying their darn hardest to kill the line.

Toasaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on June 26, 2019, 01:33:33 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on June 26, 2019, 12:54:43 AM

Welcome to the club of areas that fell victim to piss poor distribution.  :-\
It's almost as if Mattel doesn't want our money, and is trying their darn hardest to kill the line.
we should let mattel not we want these figures fix this problem

tanystropheus

Some Brazilian sites (e.g. PB Kids Brinquedos/Mundo RI Happy) have listed the Brachiosaurus (I don't believe it is available to order yet)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: