News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

It's a real shame about that super fat tail, though.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ItsTwentyBelow

Hmm, Anamantarx, cool. I'll add it to my collection because really, it's not too bad and we need more thyreophoran figures.

Now, that Spinosaurus is great!! It looks like a complete upgrade to a modern representation, with good proportions and sculpting compared to all of this company's previous Spinos.

mgaguilar

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2018, 11:32:21 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on September 20, 2018, 10:15:32 PM
Look at the Spinosaurus, seems another Vlad Konstantinov piece. Pretty cool indeed.

. . . wow.

I've been very harsh on Schleich, as much for their ruthless business methods as their historically poor quality dinosaurs, but I'll give credit when it's due. That Spinosaurus is VERY impressive indeed!

What in the world??!?! SCHLEICH coming out of left field with a gorgeous sculpt.
This is going to be an amazing candidate for a repaint. Absolutely fantastic and can't wait to see it in person!!!

Flaffy

Shame about the fat tail on the Animantarx, could've been a decent figure if it had better proportions, looks cute though ^-^

The spinosaurus looks nice though, easily the best spinosaurus Schleich has done, and definitely one of the better spino offerings on the toy market. However I don't usually collect schleich figures, nor do I want to support their business practices, so it's a pass. Gonna save my money for better companies.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Flaffy on September 21, 2018, 05:23:19 AM
Shame about the fat tail on the Animantarx, could've been a decent figure if it had better proportions, looks cute though ^-^

The spinosaurus looks nice though, easily the best spinosaurus Schleich has done, and definitely one of the better spino offerings on the toy market. However I don't usually collect schleich figures, nor do I want to support their business practices, so it's a pass. Gonna save my money for better companies.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy have some questionable production methods been discovered? What happened?

Libraraptor

Look at the Spinosaurus, seems another Vlad Konstantinov piece. Pretty cool indeed.

I like it. I'll buy it. As I said,  even for Schleich: Credit where credit is due!

avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar : No Fairness at all. But I don't want to Risk an action for an injunction.  Schleich is rich and has powerful lawyers...

Minmiminime

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 21, 2018, 12:22:33 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on August 14, 2018, 01:43:20 PM
Quote from: IrritatorRaji on August 14, 2018, 01:30:26 PM
I'm sure these won't be totally accurate, but I hope they'll be aesthetically pleasing at least :) Literally can't wait for that Spino!

A Spino from Schleich! Do you even know what you are asking for?  ;D

I retract my previous statement. My apologies.

The Spino looks incredible! What a world we live in when Schleich has a better Spino than Safari or Papo  :o :))

Or indeed, CollectA  ;D  :o I'm blown away by this one, it's a must-have!! And unlike the Psittacosaurus they haven't given it comic-book colours. Count me in as delighted with this development!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 21, 2018, 12:22:33 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on August 14, 2018, 01:43:20 PM
Quote from: IrritatorRaji on August 14, 2018, 01:30:26 PM
I'm sure these won't be totally accurate, but I hope they'll be aesthetically pleasing at least :) Literally can't wait for that Spino!

A Spino from Schleich! Do you even know what you are asking for?  ;D

I retract my previous statement. My apologies.

The Spino looks incredible! What a world we live in when Schleich has a better Spino than Safari or Papo  :o :))

I'll also take a bite of that humble pie, so much for "I'm sure these won't be accurate"! I'm really excited to see the Giga :)

Concavenator

Has Schleich really done that Spinosaurus? ::)
It looks very good (too good to be Schleich,to be honest) but it's not perfect.
The colors are kind of meh.And the head is a little shrink-wrapped.But otherwise it's very surprising.
Actually makes me wonder whether buying it or not  :P

IrritatorRaji

Tbh, even though the colours on the Spino are a little ugly they're probably more realistic

Shonisaurus

(deleted)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on September 21, 2018, 02:32:50 AM
Hmm, Anamantarx, cool. I'll add it to my collection because really, it's not too bad and we need more thyreophoran figures.

Now, that Spinosaurus is great!! It looks like a complete upgrade to a modern representation, with good proportions and sculpting compared to all of this company's previous Spinos.

In total agreement with you Schleich's spinosaurus is a figure updated according to the new scientific canons of Collecta and the anamantarx of Schleich is a more than decent figure that far surpasses all his nodosaurian predecessors.

tyrantqueen

Wow, more great stuff from Vlad (presumably)! Glad they kept him around. Although I'm not sure about the choice of species, there is so much controversy about Spinosaurus' appearance that it might have been safer to go with a more well known spinosaurid, like Baryonyx. I guess they know what sells well.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 21, 2018, 10:09:07 AM
Although I'm not sure about the choice of species, there is so much controversy about Spinosaurus' appearance that it might have been safer to go with a more well known spinosaurid, like Baryonyx. I guess they know what sells well.

On the contrary, I'm actually glad to see Schleich taking these risks. I'm happy that they're at least trying to follow the latest research, even if it's proven to be false later on.

empire3569

I haven't visited this thread as I usually avoid Schleich like the plague, however imagine my surprise when I check to see that they have come up with a very impressive Spinosaurus! Up to date with the most recent reconstruction, and has a nice amount of bulk! I actually like the color scheme too, it looks very believable for a large animal that spent sufficient time near water where darker colors might help it blend in. Hopefully the Giganotosaurus follows along the same lines

Hate to say it, but I will definitely be picking this up

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: empire3569 on September 21, 2018, 02:05:51 PM
Hate to say it, but I will definitely be picking this up

I think you've just summed up most people's opinions on this thread  ;)

ItsTwentyBelow

Yeah, I forgot to finish my post with SOLD!

This Spinosaurus makes me happy that you can find Schleich easily in department stores in the US, because it shouldn't be that hard to acquire the figure in person.

jean

wow , where did you get this pic? this really by schleich? if it is , its one of their best attempts lol

ruochuan

Back the golden days of Replica Saurus! Just awesomeness. I hope it's big.

This will be my third purchase for 2019, together with Safari's Camarasaurus & Styracosaurus.
My dinosaur model pictures:
http://seattlesaurus.tumblr.com

MLMjp

I'm still in awe of how good this Spinosaurus looks. I mean, Schleich, who usually makes ugly and cartoonish looking theropods, is going to release what could be the best Spinosaurus figure based on modern reconstructions.

I'm speechless, it even lacks the traditionally oversized feet that the theropods of Schleich have! I'm so blown away that I fear that the final product will not live up to the high expectations. :-\

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: