News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

I like that! I actually like most of the mini Saichania, the light blue one, but this one seems better, I didn't like the legs of the Saichania, the ones of the Animantarx look better in that Pic.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quite a nice figure for a modern Schleich.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Reptilia

Look at the Spinosaurus, seems another Vlad Konstantinov piece. Pretty cool indeed.

IrritatorRaji

Hmm, mixed opinions. Fantastic concept, ugly colours, goofy face. I'm putting the goofy expression down to the angle of the stock image, but otherwise I'm actually very excited!

Irritation

Where did the colors of the Spin o come from?
Also digging the Animantarx.

paintingdinos

Quote from: Reptilia on September 20, 2018, 10:15:32 PM
Look at the Spinosaurus, seems another Vlad Konstantinov piece. Pretty cool indeed.

-snip-

Love it. Don't care how accurate it is/isn't, must have!

Halichoeres

Spino doesn't look too shabby. Neither does the Animantarx, although the tail tip is a little wonky. Pretty reasonable representation, though. It took Schleich, what, like 6 tries before they made a Saichania that resembled Saichania? They got this one much closer on the first try.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Hhmm, Schleich actually seems to be turning out a few good figures next year. A relief, after reverting back to crappysaurs recently after giving us new hope with the Dinogorgon, Tawa and Psittacosaurus.

MLMjp

OK, I will admit, my jaw dropped when I saw that Spino. :o NOW THAT´S SOMETHING INTERESTING! Now, please do not turn out like Schleich´s other attempts at doing theropods, PLEASE.

I can believe what I am going to say, but, I MAY have a possible future replacement for my Collecta Spinosaurus.... ::) This one has more attractive coloration and it does not have a broken hand.

Yeah, I really want this to turn out to be good, like, PLEASE BE GOOD!

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 20, 2018, 10:26:30 PM
Spino doesn't look too shabby. Neither does the Animantarx, although the tail tip is a little wonky. Pretty reasonable representation, though. It took Schleich, what, like 6 tries before they made a Saichania that resembled Saichania? They got this one much closer on the first try.
They have also done quite a lot of Spinos before this one, there was a very retro Spino in the replicasaurus line, there is a second replicasarus version, then there the world of history version, which was a smaller version of the previous one, then they made the purple one...

Takama

I added the Two images to the first post

MLMjp

Possible source of inspiration for the color scheme?

suspsy

. . . wow.

I've been very harsh on Schleich, as much for their ruthless business methods as their historically poor quality dinosaurs, but I'll give credit when it's due. That Spinosaurus is VERY impressive indeed!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

I am pleasantly surprised with both the Animantarx and with Schleich's spinosaurus they have taken a 180º turn in the quality production of prehistoric animals.  :o   8) Very detailed figures with conservative colors (they have abandoned the strident colors) and the most important precise within my absolute lack of scientific and paleontological knowledge.

It has been placed at the same height as the best dinosaur and prehistoric animal companies. Every year I have my hopes that they improve their production but they have taken an absolute turn, I repeat in terms of the production of their figures. Even dinogorgon and psittacosaurus are insignificant compared to these two beauties. These two figures, especially that of the spinosaurus (as long as it is the physical figure as the promotional photo) are epic figures of five stars. My congratulations to the Schleich company I believed in them and they did not disappoint me.

The new sculptor Vlad Konstantinov is a great signing for Schleich.

CityRaptor

Well, looks like Schleich is using better reference pictures now.

Quote from: Roselaar on September 20, 2018, 10:35:33 PM
Hhmm, Schleich actually seems to be turning out a few good figures next year. A relief, after reverting back to crappysaurs recently after giving us new hope with the Dinogorgon, Tawa and Psittacosaurus.

There might still be some of these. At least that is how it usually is. A few good ones and then the rest is those. Keep in mind that these are likely just the first wave for 2019, with a second coming out later.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

That Spinosaurus looks wonderful! I hope it's huge.

tanystropheus

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 14, 2018, 01:43:20 PM
Quote from: IrritatorRaji on August 14, 2018, 01:30:26 PM
I'm sure these won't be totally accurate, but I hope they'll be aesthetically pleasing at least :) Literally can't wait for that Spino!

A Spino from Schleich! Do you even know what you are asking for?  ;D

I retract my previous statement. My apologies.

The Spino looks incredible! What a world we live in when Schleich has a better Spino than Safari or Papo  :o :))

Faelrin

Okay both of those sculpts are looking really good for what they are (well more so the Spinosaurus I think). Sure they have some issues, but I think it is safe to say Schleich is moving in the right direction now (if not going off of this year's releases). I wonder what the other ones will be like (assuming they are not just repaints). I'll definitely consider getting the Spinosaurus anyways.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 20, 2018, 10:26:30 PM

The Animantarx is pretty cute. Not sure why the tail is so weird looking.

Shadowknight1

HUH.  That Spinosaurus actually looks pretty good!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Vidusaurus

Quote from: Vidusaurus on August 22, 2018, 02:26:50 AM
Hopefully this isn't the whole 2019 lineup. If it is, it's very uninspired. I'm super worried about the Animantarx - even though 2018 was a huge improvement in terms of species diversity and overall sculpt quality & accuracy, better does not mean good, and I don't want Animantarx to go the way of last year's Tawa & Dinogorgon and have a middling, cartoonish offering as its only toyline representation. Schleich's ankylosaurs have been some of their best work in the past - the old Replicasaurus Edmontonia was a knockout - but like most of their recent work, has gone downhill since the discontinuity of the Replicasaurus line.

Gotta say I was right on the money with the Animantarx, supremely disappointing for a species I was very excited about. Hopefully Safari picks up a few of the unique species Schleich has bungled through the years (those listed above, Desmatosuchus, Barapasaurus, Saichania etc.). But that Spinosaurus - wow!!! My jaw dropped so hard it dislocated when I saw those first pictures! Definitely on my wish list for next year, only the second Schleich I've actually wanted to get since the Replicasaurus rebranding (Kentrosaurus was the first).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: