News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Hopes & Dreams

Started by ZoPteryx, August 18, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

This will be the official thread for 2013 figures.

Carnegie:
Concavenator

Wild Safari:

Papo:

Bullyland:
Smilodon
Eusmilus

Schleich:

Collecta:

Favorite:
Tyrannosaurus (green)
Tyrannosaurus (brown)
Plesiosaurus
Stegosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Velociraptor
Brachiosaurus
Allosaurus
Spinosaurus
Styracosaurus
Triceratops
Ankylosaurus
Pteranodon

Sideshow:

Geoworld:
Falcarius

Please tell me if I forgot to add anything.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

John

Quote from: Mightyjptrex on September 02, 2012, 03:04:09 AM
Hey guys its been along time since I last posted. Hope you all are doing well! Ive been busy with school and work but here is the new dino from the Carnegie next year. Its the only one planned for next year as of now. But don't worry there are some nice additions planned for the 25th anniversary! I found this picture in the Carnegie magazine.  8)

Are the additions planned for the 25th anniversary you mention (not including the Concavenator) new sculpts of others already in the line or just repainted versions of older models?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Mightyjptrex

^^^
New Sculpts for sure but cant say  ;)

John

Quote from: Mightyjptrex on September 02, 2012, 04:06:29 AM
Are the additions planned for the 25th anniversary you mention (not including the Concavenator) new sculpts of others already in the line or just repainted versions of older models?

New Sculpts for sure but cant say  ;)
[/quote]
Cool,so it's not just Concavenator after all. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tanystropheus

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 19, 2012, 08:26:02 PM

Carnegie

-Concavenator
-Mamenchisaurus (re-sculpt)
-Basilosaurus
-Suchomimus
-Maisaura with Nest (re-sculpt)

:D I really like this Concavenator. The CollectA version looked decent in the promo pics but ended up looking a bit awkward in real life.

Brontozaurus

It looks a lot like the Giganotosaurus with some parts redone. Still cool though, especially the crest.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Mightyjptrex

Cool,so it's not just Concavenator after all. ;D
[/quote]

Well Concavenator is the only one for 2013 as of now but the other new sculpts are planned for 2014.

Yutyrannus

Hey guys its been along time since I last posted. Hope you all are doing well! Ive been busy with school and work but here is the new dino from the Carnegie next year. Its the only one planned for next year as of now. But don't worry there are some nice additions planned for the 25th anniversary! I found this picture in the Carnegie magazine.  8)

Was there anything else in the magazine that you might want to show us? 2013 Wild Safari models perhaps ;)?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Mightyjptrex

Quote from: Yutyrannus on September 02, 2012, 04:20:18 AM

Was there anything else in the magazine that you might want to show us? 2013 Wild Safari models perhaps ;)?

Nope thats it no lie haha

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 02, 2012, 04:10:52 AM
It looks a lot like the Giganotosaurus with some parts redone. Still cool though, especially the crest.

Yeah it's neat and I don't mind the pose..but it feels a bit too familiar. A lot like the Cryolophosaurus and Giganotosaurus actually.  I would have preferred they tried something more like Sean Cooper's resin model..with spines at least.

Thanks for posting it though MJPRex !

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 02, 2012, 04:10:52 AM

And at 1:25 scale, they might have just reused the Giganotosaurus body!!! :-\  (Okay, maybe not. ::))  Definitely interesting though, but I just hate all these random scales from Carnegie recently.  At this rate, all their therapods will be about the same size!

EmperorDinobot

Balaur

I got so excited when I saw the pic of that Conca, that is the most beautiful figure of this exotic theropod. :)

Simon

Yet ANOTHER tripod figure from Carnegie.  *Sigh*  Why do all their theropods look like they are about to lay ... an ... EGG?   ^-^

Balaur

I almost screamed when I saw that Concavenator. I just can't believe it actually is coming out. This is so exciting! Man, I hope more Carnegie stuff is in 2013.

postsaurischian

It does look beautiful on the preview pic shown on Dan's homepage - as any Forest Rogers sculpt should :).
It's just that it's that same old pose again. I'd like to see her diversifying the poses of her theropods.

Jetoar

Yeeeeeeeeeees  ;D! Carnegie have done a dinosaur of my country. I look  forward to buy this amazing figure  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

Yes ;D. I would like to see other figures of Carnegie and more Iberian dinosaurs. I would like to see a Torvosaurus of Carnegie  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

DinoToyForum

Yutyrannus, can you keep the first post of this topic updated with pictures of the new figures as they come to light? That would be great!

EDIT - I've added the Concavenator pic for you  8)

DinoToyForum

The general posture of the Concavenator is strongly reminiscent of the Carnegie Cryolophosaurus from 2010. http://www.dinotoyblog.com/2010/02/21/cryolophosaurus-carnegie-collection-by-safari-ltd/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: