News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Hopes & Dreams

Started by ZoPteryx, August 18, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

DinoToyForum

Quote from: primeval12 on September 02, 2012, 12:08:26 PM
Ooh, ahhh

"Oooh, ahhh", that's how it always starts, but then later there's running... and screaming.

Roselaar

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 02, 2012, 12:15:11 PM
Quote from: primeval12 on September 02, 2012, 12:08:26 PM
Ooh, ahhh

"Oooh, ahhh", that's how it always starts, but then later there's running... and screaming.

Indeed. To stores! Or computers to order this beauty online.  ^-^

It's a good sculpt, but I do agree there's a suspicious déja vu look about it. The head looks very similar to the Carnegie Giganotosaurus' head as well. But it doesn't put me off so much I don't want it any more.

Gryphoceratops

Yeah the pose is the same as the cryo...and the carnotaurus...and the giga...

I also continue to be annoyed by how carnegie can't stick with a scale.  This one is way big!  How am I supposed to play with them in an accurate way people?!?!?!?!

Horridus

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 02, 2012, 01:36:34 PM
I also continue to be annoyed by how carnegie can't stick with a scale.  This one is way big!  How am I supposed to play with them in an accurate way people?!?!?!?!
Arf. The size doesn't bother me, although the remarkably familiar pose does. It's also be interesting to see if the weedy tails have persisted (look, Heinrich Mallison finally got to me).
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Balaur

Quote from: Jetoar on September 02, 2012, 11:06:59 AM
Yes ;D. I would like to see other figures of Carnegie and more Iberian dinosaurs. I would like to see a Torvosaurus of Carnegie  ^-^.

Oh my gosh yes! ;)

Balaur

Quote from: Horridus on September 02, 2012, 01:54:54 PM
Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 02, 2012, 01:36:34 PM
Arf. The size doesn't bother me, although the remarkably familiar pose does. It's also be interesting to see if the weedy tails have persisted (look, Heinrich Mallison finally got to me).

Carnegie is my favourite dinosaur line, but their tripods annoy to me no end! When the Cryolophosaurus pics came before it was out, I though the pose was like the Deltadromeus. This Concavenator is so beautiful, but the familiar pose from Cryolophosaurus and the tripod annoy me. Otherwise, Safari is coming out good in 2013.

Dan

According to the retailer's newsletter, we may actually get a glimpse of Safari's 2013 lineup this month. I will ask them for special permission to share something with you guys, but I know the official unveiling should be happening shortly thereafter.

Balaur

Quote from: Dan on September 02, 2012, 04:47:39 PM
According to the retailer's newsletter, we may actually get a glimpse of Safari's 2013 lineup this month. I will ask them for special permission to share something with you guys, but I know the official unveiling should be happening shortly thereafter.

Nice.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Torvo seems to be getting some popularity( because of Dino Revolution ? ) so I'm betting we see more replicas of it soon.

Takama

Quote from: Dan on September 02, 2012, 04:47:39 PM

And so the anticipation begins 8)

morrijos

Wow.  Why the early start this year?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Like I mentioned in the other thread it does feel like the Cryo and Giga had a love child .. lol  A lot of familiarity there. I'm not sure whether to blame Forest though no idea how much input she is allowed most artist's have poses and look dictated I think in jobs like this.  I wish they had tried adding rubbery spines or something to it..heck even feathers..ala Sean Coopers ( might just have to buy that one )   I'd like to have seen them being more creative by a bit at least.  So it's nice I guess I'll get it being a Carnegie Dino completest..just wish it were ...more.

Balaur

Oh man, I can never be patcient. Come on 2013!

oh, and this is my 100th post. ;)

Himmapaan

I'm no more enamoured of the tripod stance than most of you are. But it's either that or hugely over-sized/over-splayed feet. I'm not sure the latter is always much more attractive, frankly.  :-\

Bokisaurus

So it begins ;D I share almost everyones annoyance with this new figures pose, but it's Carnegie, they may have trademarked that pose! LOL! ;D
So now when will the rest be previewed? The only problem with too early a preview is that, for me anyway, by the time the figures actually do come out, it's like they are so old news that the excitment is long gone already ;)

Takama

Quote from: Himmapaan on September 02, 2012, 05:52:22 PM
I'm no more enamoured of the tripod stance than most of you are. But it's either that or hugely over-sized/over-splayed feet. I'm not sure the latter is always much more attractive, frankly.  :-\

Or give em a simple Base, They are Collectables you know

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on September 02, 2012, 06:01:09 PM

This is the obvious answer really. They just need to start bases..even removable ones if they have to .

Balaur

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 02, 2012, 06:09:08 PM
Quote from: Takama on September 02, 2012, 06:01:09 PM

This is the obvious answer really. They just need to start bases..even removable ones if they have to .

Yeah, maybe my Cryolophosaurus will be happier with a base. :)

Also, my Giganotosaurus has lost a hand, and has been beginng for a girlfriend so I promised him by November on my B-Day that I'll get his girlfriend. Not friendly to my Spinosaurus ethier. ;)

tanystropheus

The model is done remarkably well, despite appearing like a composite of Carnegie Cryolophosaurus (e.g. colors), Giganotosaurus (e.g. head tilt) and Carnotaurus (e.g. overall stance).  The arms appear to be situated more naturally than the Cryo, and the legs appear to be less splayed than the Giga. The colors blend in rather well on that "shark fin".

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: