News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

big sauropod figures

Started by dyno77, November 15, 2018, 07:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Very impressive indeed, R @Remko . You must have spacious accommodations to be able to house such a colossus, as well as your other big sauropods! I'd never seen this giant advertised - curious who merchandises it?

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: SidB on October 18, 2022, 02:13:35 PMVery impressive indeed, R @Remko . You must have spacious accommodations to be able to house such a colossus, as well as your other big sauropods! I'd never seen this giant advertised - curious who merchandises it?
It's one of the many big sauropod kit LanaTimeShop offers. But if you want the 1:35 scale one you have to prepare yourself to dig deep into your wallet  :)

Heres the link: https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/new-arrial/products/bar002

Remko

Quote from: SidB on October 18, 2022, 02:13:35 PMVery impressive indeed, R @Remko . You must have spacious accommodations to be able to house such a colossus, as well as your other big sauropods! I'd never seen this giant advertised - curious who merchandises it?

It's indeed sold by Lana del time shop.
I think the kit is by MuSee?

As for the accommodations... No, not exactly. I have yet to figure out where I'm going to put this monster. And I really want their BYU9024 Barosaurus as well. Which is a similar size. ;D

But I just couldn't pass on this beauty.
Even regarding the hefty pricetag.

Halichoeres

[views photo]

[checks thread title]

Yep, checks out.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

dinofelid

R @Remko any chance you could measure the height of the highest point on the back, and maybe also the top of the shoulder blade if it's visible under the skin? I'm curious about how it would compare at 1:35 scale with the reconstructed dimensions here, with the reasoning explained here.

SidB

Quote from: Remko on October 18, 2022, 02:34:46 PM

It's indeed sold by Lana del time shop.
I think the kit is by MuSee?

As for the accommodations... No, not exactly. I have yet to figure out where I'm going to put this monster. And I really want their BYU9024 Barosaurus as well. Which is a similar size. ;D

But I just couldn't pass on this beauty.
Even regarding the hefty pricetag.
Thanks, R @Remko .

Bokisaurus

Very nice! Saw those beautiful models before but oh boy, the price!🤣 you gonna paint it?

Libraraptor

Depending on what you consider as a figure, tere is Mattel Dreadnoughtus, Tyco Dino Riders Apatosaurus, too, which I would call "huge".

Remko

Quote from: dinofelid on October 19, 2022, 10:24:20 PMR @Remko any chance you could measure the height of the highest point on the back, and maybe also the top of the shoulder blade if it's visible under the skin? I'm curious about how it would compare at 1:35 scale with the reconstructed dimensions here, with the reasoning explained here.

No problem.

Highest point on the back: 27 cm = 9,45 meters.
Shoulder blade: app. 22 cm = 7,7 meters
Top of the femur: app 23 cm = 8,05 meters

Additionally.
Complete length along the spine (tip of the nose until tip of the tail): 153 cm = 53,55 meters. Axial length would be slightly less.
Skull length: app. 5,5 cm = 1,92 meters. Larger even than that of T. rex or Giganotosaurus. I think that should be a bit smaller. Diplodocids had absurdly small skulls. Although I must admit, it doesn't look that out of scale on the figure, unlike Nanmu's Apatosaurus.

D @dinofelid, thanks for those links!
I did not know these, and it gives a very interesting view on this enigmatic animal. In my opinion it makes a lot more sense than Kenneth Carpenter's reconstruction, and the author gives some very sound arguments.
Looking at the figure and his reconstruction, I can't help but think that the sculptor was very much inspired by this article and drawing.

Overall, the body is only slightly larger than PNSO's Huanghetitan, and comparable in bulk.

A few more photo's of just the body with various other figures.

PNSO Huanghetitan.

Rebor Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss"

PNSO Torvosaurus

Nanmu Brachiosaurus

Nanmu Apatosaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 20, 2022, 03:48:34 AMVery nice! Saw those beautiful models before but oh boy, the price!🤣 you gonna paint it?

I plan on painting it. But have yet to decide which color.

Gwangi

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 20, 2022, 06:21:24 AMDepending on what you consider as a figure, tere is Mattel Dreadnoughtus, Tyco Dino Riders Apatosaurus, too, which I would call "huge".

They're definitely figures, action figures, and they're gigantic.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Remko

After the Maraapunisaurus, I also ordered the BYU 9034 Barosaurus in 1/35th scale. It finally arrived today.

Again, wonderful kit, with a bit more parts:

- Head
- Neck
- Body
- Two tail parts (Diplodocid, long tail..)

Just like the Maraapunisaurus the head is probably to big for the figure. But I don't think it will look very weird or out if place when it's fully assembled.

It's more slender than Maraapunisaurus though.

Will post pictures later this week.

Remko

Meanwhile, this beauty came in yesterday.
Alamosaurus sanjuanensis in 1/35th.

Got it relatively cheap because it had a few defects. Nothing really big, just a couple of back spines that were broken or incorrectly molded, and a few teeth in the lower jaw missing.

No matter, animals in real life often have some defects as well.

It's a nice and big figure. Heavy too!! Weighs in at 1,7 kg! So it's also scaled for weight (would come out at almos 73 metric tons).  8)  ;D

Figure:

And with Rebor's Kiss for comparison.

Halichoeres

That's a very nice model! I like the embellishments in the integument.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, what a massive Mountain. Congratulations on the nice purchase.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's fantastic. It's a species I'd like to have in a nice size like that too.

SidB

Spectacular piece. Yeah, a few missing spines and teeth are trivial, just add a note of realism. Congrats on the good deal. Kiss will have to think twice before meddling with Alamo.

BlueKrono

R @Remko Who makes that Alamosaurus?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SenSx

I would consider getting a kit of one of those big sauropods.

What would be the taller one that ever existed from what we know ?
And the longest ?
And the one with the biggest mass ?

I would say for a height matter it would be the Argentinosaurus ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: