News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - new for 2019

Started by Loon, December 28, 2018, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok i First found out about these in a Youtube Video, so I did a Google Search for it. and found a photo to show you guys

https://storgram.com/post/ByVRaawlQnw

empire3569

How accurate is the carnotaurus compared to the real animal? I know it's based off Jurassic World, but it doesn't look horribly inaccurate

Flaffy

Quote from: empire3569 on June 09, 2019, 04:35:41 AM
How accurate is the carnotaurus compared to the real animal? I know it's based off Jurassic World, but it doesn't look horribly inaccurate
Main points of inaccuracy seem to be the head and the arms.
The horns should be directly above the eye, not behind them (for the namu). The skull is too wide. The arms are too developed, an elbow shouldn't be visible.

Toasaurus

Quote from: Takama on June 09, 2019, 03:17:51 AM
Ok i First found out about these in a Youtube Video, so I did a Google Search for it. and found a photo to show you guys

does anyone know if they will be articulated?

Shonisaurus

For what they indicate on that web page the velociraptors will be made at 1:35 scale so they will be the same size as the indoraptors. That supposes a relief to the space of my shelves (if I arrive someday to buy them). His prototypes are very beautiful and above all the velociraptor that appears jumping in the air reminds me a lot of his counterpart of Rebor velociraptor Alex delarge. in my case I prefer that they are not articulated velociraptors, at the most that their mouths are articulated although I am not a supporter of the articulated jaws.

As far as Nanmu Studio's carnotaurus is concerned, it is clear that they are based on the JW film, but they are superdetailed and very well sculpted, regardless of whether they are scientists. Keep in mind that Nanmu Studio is focused on the development of figures from the JP / JW franchises such as the Mattel brand and their figures are obviously not scientific since those dinosaurs of that saga of films are genetically modified dinosaurs and returned to the life for the human being, so obviously they are not the dinosaurs that paleontology books have us used to.

Shonisaurus

Browsing the Internet I pass a link in Spanish where you can see the two versions of sinomutops of Nanmu Studio that will have movable heads, one version is brown and the other green, they look like magnificent figures,

https://imggra.com/media/2045416067212576220

tanystropheus

Quote from: Flaffy on June 09, 2019, 06:16:31 AM
Quote from: empire3569 on June 09, 2019, 04:35:41 AM
Main points of inaccuracy seem to be the head and the arms.
The horns should be directly above the eye, not behind them (for the namu). The skull is too wide. The arms are too developed, an elbow shouldn't be visible.

The skull does look too wide, a bit like the Papo.

tanystropheus

Is there 4 of them or like one super-posable raptor? I'm assuming there's probably 4 of them (I hope they bundle them), probably relatively small compared to the other models.

Jose S.M.

According to that post it's four figures and  they are 1:35 scale. Probably that scale is based on the movie dinosaurs so they will be bigger than any 1:35 real Velociraptor would be, but still smaller figures.

Shadowknight1

The one on the far right looks like he's making a lay-up shot...
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jose S.M. on June 17, 2019, 01:36:46 AM
According to that post it's four figures and  they are 1:35 scale. Probably that scale is based on the movie dinosaurs so they will be bigger than any 1:35 real Velociraptor would be, but still smaller figures.

if they are in scale with the included human figures i would guess they will be about 4.5" long each

Shonisaurus

One of the velociraptor with that support rod looks like a dinosaur impaled. The support rod is too thick.

Ceratopsianking

These Velociraptors look really cool like most of Nammu's stuff, but that jumping one looks like it's tried to dunk, it's kind of weird

yankeetrex

The nanmu carnotaurus is 30 percent off at amazon.  From 79.99 to 54.99 pretty good discount if you ask me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: yankeetrex on June 22, 2019, 12:50:16 PM
The nanmu carnotaurus is 30 percent off at amazon.  From 79.99 to 54.99 pretty good discount if you ask me.

Must have been pretty limited, looks back to 80.00  https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07T2XPNMP/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Andanna

Discount is applied at checkout. It still works.

Shonisaurus

The preorder on eBay of the sinoceratops of Nanmu Studio is ready. Honestly they are not the type of ceraptoside that I personally like. I see them with a childlike appearance (I say this with all the respect in the world). They seem to be more suitable for children than for adults. These figures will be physically available in September. I pass the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanmu-1-35-Sinoceratops-Figure-Ceratops-Dinosaur-Model-Collector-Toys-Kid-Gift/254299995166?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item3b3575fc1e:m:mMFqU

On the other hand browsing the internet I saw in pictures the two carnotaurus of Nanmu Studio and in this case I prefer the replicas of other brands much cheaper. They are pretty, based on JW but their horns are very small and their sculpture is a little ungainly. I will reserve the money for other figures.

The figures of Nanmu Studio that I liked were the indominus and the two indoraptor, especially the indominus is a spectacularly well designed figure and to a lesser extent the two indoraptor. But in this case the carnotaurus and sinoceratops do not convince me.

Fenestra

I'm a fan of Carnotaurus, but this one does not peak my interest at all.
The thing that puts me off most is the weird underbite and strange head.
And if this is what you will be receiving for $60, then the paint job is lacking too IMO..... 

postsaurischian

Oh dear! The Carnotaurus looks much worse than in the promo pics :P .
  Nanmu is not a reliable producer. I'm glad I didn't order one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: