You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: CAMP CRETACEOUS?

Started by dragon53, March 21, 2019, 05:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Watching Klayton's review now.  I love the idea of exploring more of the old park.

ITdactyl

yeah, yeah, a "kids' show"... but I wasn't prepared for that first jump scare. ;D ;D ;D

clip shared by the official Jurassic World account:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq-XpyS9flo

Mellow Stego

Two episodes in and enjoying it more than the second season. 

Also I love bumpy
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Gwangi

My wife was at work, my daughter at school, and I was stuck sick at home, so I binged the entire season. If you liked the first two seasons you'll enjoy this one. I would say it's the best season so far. It was more mature in tone which I appreciated. Still definitely a kid's show, which is fine. I mainly came here to say...

Spoiler
The Scorpios rex was an absolute abomination, I hated everything about it. Yes, I understand that was intentional, the show even mentions how it was too ugly to display. It looked like SkekUng from The Dark Crystal. I hope I never have to see another hybrid in this franchise.

Images might not show up, I don't know why, but if you're familiar with the characters you'll see the resemblance.

[close]

CityRaptor

Watched it, enjoyed it. Quite a few callbacks to Jurassic Park, but also to TLW and Jurassic World....and Fallen Kingdom for that matter. I also must say that those Camper & Dinosaur packs are picked well.

There is also a reference to the original novel:
Spoiler
Yaz at one point says that she read that the original owner of Jurassic Park broke his ankle and was eaten alive by a pack Compies...which is what happened in the novel. Darius then corrects her saying that John Hammond died of natural causes, which true for the movie canon.
[close]
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

HD-man

My overall thoughts:
Spoiler
I LOVE Season 3. I already thought that Seasons 1 & 2 were overall both 1) pretty good (with some stupid/annoying stuff that kept them from being great), & 2) better than any of the movie sequels (which had A LOT of stupid/annoying stuff that kept them from being good). Thus, Season 3 is the 1st JP sequel I can honestly say I love for reasons other than nostalgia. That said, it helped that the nostalgia was very well done (Take note JW/JWFK). While the book references were my favorites, I also really liked the video game references (E.g. Raptors hunting compys like in Jurassic Park Sega Genesis). Character-wise, I especially loved how the Yaz/Sammy ship progressed & can't wait to see how the Darius/Kenji tension is resolved in Season 4. I also can't wait to see what dino(s) snuck onboard & what'll happen if/when they get to Costa Rica.
[close]
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

ITdactyl

The sauropod takedowns/abuse have to stop...

That said, I enjoyed this season. 'Just suffered a few cuts (and some bleeding) due to my nephew and niece digging their nails in my arms during the "scary" scenes. ;D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Still only seen the first episode, I don't see the appeal of watching it all at once anyway. Might as well just have a film or two instead.
What episode are the Ouranosaurus and Monolophosaurus in by the way?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 23, 2021, 09:31:14 AM
The sauropod takedowns/abuse have to stop...

Yeah I felt the same, getting to be like watching a tree fall.  I did think maybe it's just temporarily poisoned though..unlike that poor Parasaurolophus or the Gallimimus.  :(

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 23, 2021, 02:05:37 PM
Still only seen the first episode, I don't see the appeal of watching it all at once anyway. Might as well just have a film or two instead.
What episode are the Ouranosaurus and Monolophosaurus in by the way?

Took me two days, just too many spoilers to avoid them all.

HD-man

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 23, 2021, 02:05:37 PMWhat episode are the Ouranosaurus and Monolophosaurus in by the way?

2 & 3, respectively.

Simone

I really enjoyed the first season of Camp Cretaceous! I prefer old school cartoons but it's cool :)

HD-man

Kapitaenosavrvs

I tried the show again, because this all sounds great here. But i had to accept, that this show just does not work for me. Quite sad, but it is no fun for me to watch at all and i will not continue to S03. I hope this does not sound too negative. The Show is well done and there is definitely a huge improvement from S01 to S02. That is how it should be. But just not for me. I part in me really is sad about that, because it is a recent show about Animals (Some kind :D) i love and that are really important to me.

HD-man

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Is it that it's animated? I know some ppl have trouble getting into animated shows & movies. Or is it that it's 3D animated?

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: HD-man on July 09, 2021, 12:34:37 AM
avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Is it that it's animated? I know some ppl have trouble getting into animated shows & movies. Or is it that it's 3D animated?

No, animated Stuff is nothing i am not used to or anything. This is not the Problem. Maybe i would say, that i do not like the overall design, they chose. But again, that would be nothing that is a really big problem, if i would like the show itself. I had to realise, that i just have no interest in the Jurassic World Franchise at all. The Way they tell storys, the storys they tell, the charakters they create, the way their World works. I do not like a thing about that. It is not the Problem of the show. The whole Franchise seems to work mostly, but just not for me. Maybe my fandom of popcultural Stuff got smaller and smaller. I was a big Star Wars Fan my whole life. A huge Fan. Mostly the older Stuff and the Books and Games. But i completely lost Interest in that. I changed a lot the last years, due to Illnesses and Experiences with myself. I guess that is a big Reason. The Way these bigger Franchises go is maybe for new Generations with other Interests, Dreams and inner Worlds. Or just not for me. which is okay. I found out, that i do not need a Jurassic World world in my eh world :D

Dinoxels

I love how this thread still has a question mark in the title. No one remove it it's funny.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

HD-man

Reuben03

Quote from: Dinoxels on July 16, 2021, 02:53:51 PM
I love how this thread still has a question mark in the title. No one remove it it's funny.
Haha yeah ;D LOL

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Reuben03

Quote from: HD-man on October 16, 2021, 02:55:08 AM
Finally!
this is so exciting ooooooo

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: