News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fishy encounter (of the prehistoric kind)

Started by Bokisaurus, September 02, 2012, 06:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 09, 2019, 03:31:52 PM
Not much to look at, but at least a few companies are aware that Leedsichthys exists, which is an encouraging sign:

I think I'll stick with my CollectA and FaunaCasts ones! ;D

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on April 10, 2019, 03:30:55 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 09, 2019, 03:31:52 PM
Not much to look at, but at least a few companies are aware that Leedsichthys exists, which is an encouraging sign:

I think I'll stick with my CollectA and FaunaCasts ones! ;D

Yeah, yeah, rub it in  >:( >:(  ;D
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

More fish:

The new Mojo Dunkleosteus with its Favorite and Safari counterparts

And the sawfish included with PNSO's Spinosaurus, possibly intended as Onchopristis, although if so it isn't really to scale

Halichoeres

The Carboniferous shark Bandringa rayi by Paleocasts:

Reuben03

Proud to have this new addition to my collection, the only mould of climatius that exists that companies seem to reuse, I don't think there are any other climatius are there? More better photographs on the way...

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

SBell

Quote from: Reuben03 on November 17, 2020, 04:30:25 AM

Proud to have this new addition to my collection, the only mould of climatius that exists that companies seem to reuse, I don't think there are any other climatius are there? More better photographs on the way...

It's a decent figure, even if the ventral spines aren't paired.
There's a slightly different sculpt/mold that was made with USToys that's a little smoother and a little curvier. And I believe a metal figure from the early twentieth century. But otherwise, yeah, not a lot of acanthodiians. Until the models from O @Oammararak are released!

Reuben03

Quote from: SBell on November 17, 2020, 04:36:43 AM
Quote from: Reuben03 on November 17, 2020, 04:30:25 AM

It's a decent figure, even if the ventral spines aren't paired.
There's a slightly different sculpt/mold that was made with USToys that's a little smoother and a little curvier. And I believe a metal figure from the early twentieth century. But otherwise, yeah, not a lot of acanthodiians. Until the models from O @Oammararak are released!
true!

Halichoeres

That reminds me, I never added this here. The Lanier Climatius made for the Smithsonian gift shop in the 1960s or 1970s. Paired prepelvic spines!

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 21, 2020, 03:52:24 PM
That reminds me, I never added this here. The Lanier Climatius made for the Smithsonian gift shop in the 1960s or 1970s. Paired prepelvic spines!

So you did find one! That must've cost a bit.

Whoever has those molds should recast them in plastic or resin for the rest of us!

Reuben03

QuoteSo you did find one! That must've cost a bit.

Whoever has those molds should recast them in plastic or resin for the rest of us!
I'll second that! I could do with this in my collection

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

indohyus

Halichoeres

Thanks, friends! It wasn't as expensive as it might have been. I've seen the Battat Diplodocus, which is many times more common, sell for more, for instance.

More photos of the Climatius here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.msg261169#msg261169

Quote from: indohyus on November 21, 2020, 07:27:40 PM
Quite a catch!

I see what you did there...

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 21, 2020, 10:39:38 PM
Thanks, friends! It wasn't as expensive as it might have been. I've seen the Battat Diplodocus, which is many times more common, sell for more, for instance.

More photos of the Climatius here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.msg261169#msg261169

Quite a catch!

But how did you find it at all?

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on November 22, 2020, 12:02:24 AM

Quite a catch!

avatar_SBell @SBell I bought it from a collector that I got in touch with via Prehistoric Times. He sold me the Chialu Brachauchenius and then a couple years later I asked after the Climatius and he agreed to part with it.  He seems to think the Lanier Birkenia never existed, which bummed me out until I learned that the Life: Evolution... game is going to include one.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 23, 2020, 12:14:15 AM

Quite a catch!

avatar_SBell @SBell I bought it from a collector that I got in touch with via Prehistoric Times. He sold me the Chialu Brachauchenius and then a couple years later I asked after the Climatius and he agreed to part with it.  He seems to think the Lanier Birkenia never existed, which bummed me out until I learned that the Life: Evolution... game is going to include one.

Yeah, that game and it's pieces will greatly expand the range of fish and other Palaeozoic species available. I really hope it all goes well for her

Reuben03

Quite a catch!

hey, you dont think he might own a K&M mini Ichthyosaur do you? ???

Halichoeres

Quote from: Reuben03 on November 23, 2020, 04:03:40 AM

Quite a catch!

hey, you dont think he might own a K&M mini Ichthyosaur do you? ???

I really doubt it, sorry. He's a true vintage collector, stuff from the 70s and earlier.

Reuben03

QuoteI really doubt it, sorry. He's a true vintage collector, stuff from the 70s and earlier.
no problem! just want a chance to finish my collection and have closure before its too late, thats why i never shut up about the thing lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: