News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PrimevalRaptor's artworks

Started by PrimevalRaptor, July 22, 2019, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

It actually looks like this new piece and the deinonychus one are part of the same image. Like I could stick them together. Also it reminds me of that one storm from raptor red.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you! :D I honestly wouldn't be surprised if those two were waddling along the same mountain lol

And just so that this isn't just a reply, here's something I did over the last days, no idea for a new drawing went through so I finally got to drawing my favorite bird! Bearded vultures are amazing! (And technically cound as dinosaurs :P)

ZoPteryx

Woah!  I thought that was a photo at first, fantastic work!

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you! :D

Here's some fresh paleoart again, this time far closer to us though, depicting everyone's favorite sausage whale, Basilosaurus!
Been wanting to take my shot at reconstructing this guy for quite some time and I finally got a satisfying result :D

Flaffy

That's really nice, it's just so majestic.

DinoToyCollector

I love it! I love this picture and the term sausage whale  :))

Neosodon

This is the best artwork I have ever seen posted on this forum. And to produce so many! How long do you spend on each piece?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

ZoPteryx

That's fantastic, well done!  Really serene!

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you everyone for the kind feedback! :D

Quote from: Neosodon on October 11, 2019, 06:33:47 AM
This is the best artwork I have ever seen posted on this forum. And to produce so many! How long do you spend on each piece?

It actually depends on my inspiration, time and all, some artworks take a few weeks (with me taking breaks in between, I found out that really helps when e.g. you're not happy with the composition, stepping away from the canvas is useful to get some fresh air in. :D) but sometimes I complete stuff in a few days, this here for example, I started out with the water one day, then thought about what I wanna put in there, decided on Basilosaurus finally and then started gathering references and doodling out the pose and all (which took the longest time).
Usually though after the base shape is done, things get quicker with my favorite parts: Finding and applying the color scheme and then...shading. I really love shading, it just adds SO damn much to the artworks. :D

PrimevalRaptor

Been some time huh? But I got something in store!

An Australovenator uses a forest fire to corner a hypsilophodont, inspired by birds of prey using brushfires to smoke out prey.

This is the result of my 300 follower raffle over on Twitter, the winner didn't request a specific species but rather something action-y involving fire and a blood moon and I figured a scene like this would combine those aspects fairly well.

PrimevalRaptor

Don't wanna do a triple post (I hope this isn't counted as spam :'D) but since I got two now paleoart pieces, one related to current times, I wanted to get them out. :D

First off we got a Plotosaurus on the hunt, in the style of ROV footage.

And for the timely one: Alaskacephale observing the Aurora Borealis
(Yes, at this time of year, at this time of day, at this part of the country, localized entirely within it's formation)

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Halichoeres

I love the Plotosaurus especially!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

Very cool your work of art. You have been embroidered, I really like your art and in fact I am a person "hooked" to your thread.

Tyto_Theropod

Both of these are really cool.  There's a really immersive quality to your art - it makes me feel as if I was there with these long-dead animals.  I love the eerie beauty in that Alaskacephale picture.  Well done!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you guys!
avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod really glad you feel like that, I always aim to not only bring in a good reconstruction, but also a good atmosphere, imo that's a very important thing for art. :D
Now for some new stuff:

Ringing in the new year with some new paleoart of a newly discovered (well, December 2019) species: The basal allosauroid Asfaltovenator!
It might seem like a standard theropod, but it's basal position may really shake up phylogeny.

James Gurney's book about Color and Light inspired me to experiment a bit (and further practice trees lmao)

PrimevalRaptor

Got a quick update with two a bit more experimental pieces!

First off, Eotyrannus in some rather flashy colors.
This has been a commission by a friend of mine who wanted a dinosaur coloured similar to a blue-and-yellow macaw.

Recently found a tutorial by C.M. Kosemen on drawing in his style and thought it'd be a very valuable practice, so I chose Acrocanthosaurus (based on the skeletal by Scott Hartman) as a model. Gotta say I really like how this turned out.

Killekor

I think that your illustrations are really great, PrimevalRaptor! I'm honestly impressed by the high level of realism in your paleoart! Congratulations!
I have to say that the Macaw's colors suits incredibly well on the Eotyrannus! I like how it turned out.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

Luxury art deserves to be among the best paleoartists of the moment!

They are works of art. You are an artist with that I say everything.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: