News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PrimevalRaptor's artworks

Started by PrimevalRaptor, July 22, 2019, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on February 01, 2020, 11:05:56 AM
Got a quick update with two a bit more experimental pieces!

First off, Eotyrannus in some rather flashy colors.
This has been a commission by a friend of mine who wanted a dinosaur coloured similar to a blue-and-yellow macaw.

Recently found a tutorial by C.M. Kosemen on drawing in his style and thought it'd be a very valuable practice, so I chose Acrocanthosaurus (based on the skeletal by Scott Hartman) as a model. Gotta say I really like how this turned out.
When i saw this picture, i thought you got that from his website! Excellent work

Stegotyranno420

In fact, each piece feels like a tense and dangerous, but at the same time, peaceful and pristine, story.

You are a paleoartist like Marshall or Burian or Witton in my book

PrimevalRaptor

Thanks for the feedback everyone, that's some really high praise!

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno Glad to hear I got you with the Acro, I'm really happy I could capture his style that well! And you're really flattering me here, Todd Marshall was one of my favorite artists as a kid, had lots of his stuff printed out and Mark Witton is one of my current favorites and inspiration! :D

I do also bring a new piece with me:

A quick study of Chasmosaurus bell.
Might do more size comparisons like those in the future, they're pretty fun.
Based on the skeletal by Scott Hartman.
(This isn't depicting him as bipedal, but rather just rearing up/charging ahead, I thought this'd be a bit more exciting than having it just stand there)

Shonisaurus

Fabulous work of art!
It's like the chasmosaurus that I would like to see in a toy figure.

I like the shadow-obscured chasmosaurus. It is like baroque painting by Rembrandt or Caravaggio.

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on July 22, 2019, 07:28:37 PM
Some of you might know me from DeviantArt

Can you provide a link please?

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you!
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus It would be really cool to see a Chasmosaurus like that, might need a base for balancing though :D

B @brontosauruschuck It's right here: https://www.deviantart.com/primevalraptor

And now for something new, those size comparisons are really fun!

Giganotosaurus carolinii, one of the largest carnivores to walk this planet (around 98 million years ago in what would become Argentina) at up to 13.2 meters in length.
The composition might be a reference to something, who knows?

This is my third time tackling this big guy and I'm pretty happy with the improvement. :D
The older ones are linked on my DeviantArt for those curious.

Shonisaurus

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor I like the giganotosaurus carolini that you have illustrated above all. I like the position of the very unusual theropod in most of the illustrations of carnivorous theropods. Magnificent work of art.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on March 01, 2020, 10:34:29 AM
Thank you!
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus It would be really cool to see a Chasmosaurus like that, might need a base for balancing though :D

B @brontosauruschuck It's right here: https://www.deviantart.com/primevalraptor

And now for something new, those size comparisons are really fun!

Giganotosaurus carolinii, one of the largest carnivores to walk this planet (around 98 million years ago in what would become Argentina) at up to 13.2 meters in length.
The composition might be a reference to something, who knows?

This is my third time tackling this big guy and I'm pretty happy with the improvement. :D
The older ones are linked on my DeviantArt for those curious.
Kind of reminds me of the 2020 mojo giga without osteoderms and with stripes
The skull seems similar to me, but some may disagree

Killekor

Your new Giganotosaurus turned out amazing! I really like how natural and realistic it looks, and the color scheme that you've chosen for it is precious (the best one I've ever sawn on a Giganotosaurus in paleoart).
Congratulations!

Killekor

P.S. the scene is really funny ;D!
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

PrimevalRaptor

Thanks everyone! :D
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno I guess that means Mojo also used Scott Hartman's skeletal as reference :D

avatar_Killekor @Killekor Really glad to hear that you like it that much, I guess that comes from slowly improving it over almost 8 years lol

PrimevalRaptor

Today I really felt like delivering something 100% accurate and mindblowing...

Our view of Spinosaurus changed drastically over the years, from a lumbering theropod to a graceful marine hunter, sometimes referred to as Spinofaarus even.
Isn't science amazing?

Of course based on the brilliant research of A.Wimmer.

Shonisaurus

Superb illustration of spinosaurus. His snout reminds me of the elephant seal.

MLMjp

Ah, thank you. I was worried that there were not enough post related to this specific day around here.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor are you sure its accurate, because no offense I am not sure it's 100% accurate, but still 100% mind-blowing. If so, can you give me the proof

PrimevalRaptor

Quote from: MLMjp on April 01, 2020, 02:27:00 PM
Ah, thank you. I was worried that there were not enough post related to this specific day around here.

You are most welcome! It truly is a shame how little recognition this mindboggling discovery got, I say!

And here is some more of the original research for those interested in the most stunning beast! https://www.deviantart.com/yoult/art/Spinofaarus-vegatiacus-363958667

PrimevalRaptor

*ehem*
For a more serious update:

The fairly obscure theropod dinosaur Tyrannosaurus rex, you might have heard of this guy.
Also featuring Obamadon and parts of Triceratops.

This one took me quite a bit, but I'm REALLY happy with the result. The media is oversaturated with Tyrannosaurus (or rather, the JP version) but the actual animal is still pretty fascinating. Also depicted it in a rather serene setting cause there's too many T.rex out there being dramatic.  :P

PrimevalRaptor

A much more simple update, but I felt like painting some marine reptiles again, I'll never get tired of those.

Styxosaurus passes by the remains of a Tylosaurus. Tried a bit of a different composition than usual here.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I really, really like your Digital Art.

Coming from germany: Maybe it was asked before, but do you offer any kind of Prints or Download, eg?
I moved and changed a lot in my new Flat. I want more Paleoart in my Officeroom and livingroom. Just to feel comfortable.

Grüße.

Shonisaurus

The effect of crystalline waters of the styxosaurus strolling before the corpse of the tylosaurus has been fabulous. Nice paleoart.

Halichoeres

That's really lovely! Are those belemnites off to the right?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: