News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Balaur's Dinosaur Art

Started by Balaur, September 08, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

For some reason, I freaking am starting to LOVE Leaellynasaura, so excpet a remake of the original WWD Leaellynasaura, my first picture drawn for the dinotoyforum.

TheAllosaur

I know what a dinosaur obsession is like. Right now i'm crazy about Xuanhanosaurus and I'm going to draw one soon.
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on December 29, 2012, 03:05:22 PM
I know what a dinosaur obsession is like. Right now i'm crazy about Xuanhanosaurus and I'm going to draw one soon.

My obsession is getting too much. I need to see the doctor.  :)) Just kidding!  ;) I do have several prehistoric animals ready to show you guys -
Lihnenykus, the only single fingered dinosaur
Pliosaurus funkei - or the previously horribly named Predator x, giving birth to the next generation.
Velociraptor family scavenging a dead Protoceratops, and a special guest star is featured on the side lines  ;)
An updated WWD Leaellynasaura adult.
An updated WWD Australovenator
A flying WWD Quetzalcoatlus.
Many WWD creatures, a Chirostenotes, Beipiaosaurus, and many more, altthough most I have to draw, only P. fnkei, Lihnenykus, Velociraptor family, WWD Leaellynasaura and Beipiaosaurus are drawn.

Balaur

Well, I have some new pictures for the new year, and now all will be titled. All of these are WWD, which won't include official titles, only the non WWD pictures. Example, one of the pictures I've drawn is titled "Making of a Fossil". That type of title. Anyways, here is a for now very blurry photo of my redo of the Leaellynasaura. And now I realize, the tail needs to be a slightly bit longer too! Too late to fix. That's why I freaking love Leaellynasaura!

Iguanodon

This picture was the hardest to draw, and by far, harder than even my Liopleurodon! I've been really anticipating this, and I was extremely nervous on messing up, but I think it came out beautifully. Ladies and gentlemen, the new raptor in town,

UTAHRAPTOR! :) :) :)

Balaur

This is the list of pictures still to draw for my WWD series. Oh boy this is going to be extremely long time before finishing this. This will continue in 2014!  :)
Placerias, Postosuchus redo, Cynodont with pups, Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Anurognathus, Dryosaurus, Ophthalmosaurus, Hybodus, Ammonite, Ornithocheirus male on the ground, Ornithocheirus male flying, Ornithocheirus Female on the Ground, Ornithocheirus female flying about to catch a fish in the air, Tapejara male visiting a female, Tapejara Male flying, Tapejara Female flying, Istiodactylus, Uktenadactylus, Plesiopleurodon, Koolasuchus, Leaellynasaura hatchling, Leaellynasaura 2-week old, Leaellynasaura juveniles, Leaellynasaura drinking water, Leaellynasaura running from an Australovenator (isometric), Leaellynasaura looking at its eggs, Astralovenator scavenging a Muttaburrasaurus carcass, Muttaburrasuarus with Leaellynasaura (Told you I have lots of Leaellynasaura ahead!) Mythunga catching a fish from the stream, Edmontosaurus annectens, Ankylosaurus, Dromaeosauus, Torosaurus, Torosaurus juvenile, Triceratops carcass with Tyrannosaurus eating it, Parksosaurus running from a Dromaeosuaurs (isometric), Quetzalcoatlus flying, Baryonyx fishing.

The reason why I have creatures not seen in WWD is because since I'm proposing a remake, perhaps new creatures could appear.
Mythunga - a pterosaur that lives in Australia in the Lower Cretaceous. The pterosaurs seen in the background in Episode 5, in my mined, I tried to find a creature that was a pterosaur, and lived in Australia at that time, and Mythunga was the creature.

Istiodactylus is because a pterosaur was seen in Episode 4 when Ornithocheirus was in Europe, and Istiodactylus was the creature I found the most like the one in the episode.

Uktenadactylus is because a pterosaur was seen in Episode 4 (by the way, I have noticed that the models for the pterosaurs in Episode 4 and 5, are the same, so the colouration of all three pterosaurs will be the same actually) when Ornithocheirus was in North America, and someone suggested Uktenadactylus, so I just chose it. Some of these are just because, Oh it lived there, at that time, or, near that time, lets use it! Actually, Uktenadactylus is so rare, I have not seen a skeletal, or even a restoration, but from what I've heard, it was an Ornithocheiridae, it did have a crest on the front of the Upper jaw, just like Ornithocheirus, Coloborhynchus, and Anhanguera. That's all I have to go by. Wish me luck!  ;)

Baryonyx, the colour will be made up, but be WWD like!

TheAllosaur

Are you sure the tail is that long?
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on January 02, 2013, 03:28:00 AM
Are you sure the tail is that long?

Actually it's just a few bits longer. And yes, I'm sure its that long. It did have a hugely long tail.

TheAllosaur

Wow...that comes as new knowledge!
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on January 02, 2013, 03:07:21 PM
Wow...that comes as new knowledge!

Yep! That freaking tail is one of many reasons, but the 2nd most reason reason that it's my favourite dinosaur now! The 1st reason is because it is a polar dinosaur. I just love Polar dinosaurs!  ;)

ZoPteryx

Great work!  I really like the pattern on the Iguanodon. :)

alexeratops

oh wow how could that thing balance with that kind of tail?!?!
like a bantha!

Balaur

Quote from: alexeratops on January 03, 2013, 03:43:19 AM
oh wow how could that thing balance with that kind of tail?!?!
The tail was probably light weight, the tail isn't really going to add a lot of weight.

Balaur

I have some new dinosaurs for you!

"The Great Mother"

"Sleeping Dragon"

"High Metabolism"

"Chinese Tyrant"

"Venom Eater"

"Dinosaur Hunter"

The platform I put the pictures on to take a picture

He's pulling a Jurassic Park, how the raptors do the zombie hands, and a kangaroo.  ^-^

Creatures Present -
"Dinosaur Hunter" -
Repenomamus, Sinosauropteryx
"Venom Eater"
Zhangheotherium, Sinosauropteryx
"Chinese Tyrant"
Yutyrannus, Euhelopus
"High Metabolism"
Sinornithosaurus, Sinocalliopteryx
"Sleeping Dragon"
Mei long
"The Great Mother"
Psittacosaurus sinensis

TheAllosaur

I like the venom eater one!
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Balaur

I believe this is the second restoration of the newly described Trinisaura from Antarctica on the net.

My iPad camera is a bit lame, it's the best I have, so, yeah.

TheAllosaur

Another great new dinosaur! Good job!
Part-time genius!

ZoPteryx

Nice work Balaur, that's probably the first restoration of that dino ever! :)

Balaur

Quote from: Zopteryx on January 12, 2013, 10:01:13 PM
Nice work Balaur, that's probably the first restoration of that dino ever! :)

Thanks! I actually checked to see if anyone has made a restoration of Trinisaura, and at the time, only one restoration was made. Mine is the second on the internet as far as I know.

I have been really intrigued by the book, All Yesterdays. It has actually made me change what I view on dinosaurs, and other prehistoric animals, and now I have taken a very different approach to my art, well, a slight different approach.

Here is a restoration of the Triassic "flying fish", Potanichthys xingviensis, that is actually not gliding. It is rare to see it in restoration, so I thought I should make one that's not gliding, as all restorations show it gliding. And, I found out that it existed last night! It is also not related to modern flying fish, showing this ability evolved twice.

Here it is.

Also, be prepared to see a Troodon doing things to a young Corythosaurus that people will be shocked by. (No, not mating)

Balaur

I have some seriously cute pictures coming in. You might tear up when you see how cute they are...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: