News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Balaur's Dinosaur Art

Started by Balaur, September 08, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: Balaur on May 12, 2014, 01:12:30 AM

If anyone can guess what this is on the first try correctly, I'll be impressed.

Edit: When I was younger (like 8 or 9) I made a big panorama of the fauna of Hell Creek. Nonetheless, it is horrible, but still fun to look at. It features Ankylosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Parasaurolophus, Quetzalcoatlus, Saurornitholestes, Anatotitan (now Edmontosaurus annectens), Dracorex (now Pachycephalosaurus), Chirostenotes (now Anzu), Leptoceratops, and Ornithomimus. The animals are so shrink wrapped, its like their anorexic. The Tyrannosaurus lacked feathers, and the raptors and oviraptorosaur lack primaries (and wings all together), and the pterosaurs lack pycnofibers. I am aware now some of these animals did not live in Hell Creek. So, I am redoing it.

It will have pretty much all the animals from the original, but Saurornitholestes will be replaced by Acheroraptor, and Parasaurolophus will be cut out. I can't say too much else sense it is very early in the process (I haven't even drawn anything yet) but it will be awesome.
A Baryonyx?
BTW,you should do a Dilophosaurus.

Balaur

No Baryonyx. It's not a dinosaur. Note the tail.

I might do one soon.

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Your right on something to do with pterosaurs, but, no.

Yutyrannus

Balaur

I'll be nice and reveal it. No. It is not an ancestor of pterosaurs, it is a pterosaur. This is a hypothetical look at what happened if the meteor didn't hit. Maybe they become so terrestrial, they look like their ancestors. Note how thick the legs at the feet are. The toe that sticks out still sticks out, but is very tiny. Note the fourth finger pointing to the side. That used to be the wing finger. No more.

Yutyrannus

Balaur

I have a new series about the Mesozoic. Titled, Mesozoic, and it is in chronological order. Just finished the first episodes last sequence.

http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Mesozoic-Sequence-5-466476065

Everything_Dinosaur

The head and neck reminded us of the Leaellynasaura seen in the Walking with Dinosaurs - polar forest episode.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Very cool! I like the idea of mosasaurs eating berries. Also thanks for keeping the manatee idea!

Balaur

Thanks. I based the berry eating on that study showing crocodiles eat a lot of fruit.

Yutyrannus

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about that.

Balaur

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Very cool! Reminds me a lot of Planet Earth.

Balaur

Well, the series is named and based off of Planet Earth. ;)

Yutyrannus

I know, you did a good job of making it similar :). I'll try to do the same when I start writing stories for it.

Balaur

Sounds good! There will be a few stories featuring no animals as well.

Balaur

Okay. This the most speculative thing I've ever done. Seriously. I extrapolated the gigantothermy in leatherback sea turtles, and guess what I came up with?
http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Mesozoic-Life-Sequence-65-471234812?ga_submit_new=10%253A1406512604

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: