News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020

Started by Dan, October 01, 2019, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

I'm in love with that Pachycephalosaurus! I have been waiting for the right one for me and this is it. I like the CollectA one but it's too small and on a base, this one covers all the things I wanted.

A @Andysdinosaurreviews hey Andy,  maybe you can compare the figures with some of the ones in your collection that are more "popular" let's say. Safari Psittacosaurus and Sauropelta are amazing figures but maybe not that widespread in the general public as figures of more popular dinosaurs like Tyrannosaurus or Triceratops something like that.

Andysdinosaurreviews

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 23, 2019, 02:46:09 AM
I'm in love with that Pachycephalosaurus! I have been waiting for the right one for me and this is it. I like the CollectA one but it's too small and on a base, this one covers all the things I wanted.

A @Andysdinosaurreviews hey Andy,  maybe you can compare the figures with some of the ones in your collection that are more "popular" let's say. Safari Psittacosaurus and Sauropelta are amazing figures but maybe not that widespread in the general public as figures of more popular dinosaurs like Tyrannosaurus or Triceratops something like that.

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. that's very true. I could definitely do that! I'll grab a few out of storage that are a bit more popular for future reviews. Thank you!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Andysdinosaurreviews on October 23, 2019, 02:15:32 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 20, 2019, 03:51:36 PM
I find that channel really annoying.

Quote from: Ravonium on October 19, 2019, 06:59:38 PM
Am I right in assuming Dan's Dinosaurs gets the figures at roughly the same time Safari starts selling them on their website? Just asking because neither are go to sources for me.

Safari usually gets them a few days to a week or two earlier than Dan's. They're always cheaper direct from Safari, too.

That's my channel, and I'm really sorry you find it annoying. :(  Is there anything specific you don't like?? Maybe I can improve on it.

I'm sorry, it wasn't fair of me to single you out. I generally don't like toy review/unboxing videos much. I do a lot of public speaking, and perhaps as a result I have an irrationally low tolerance of ordinary verbal crutches. I also prefer carefully made still photos to video when evaluating a figure I haven't seen in hand. I don't think your channel is any worse than the other dinosaur video channels; I'm just not keen on the genre.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

A @Andysdinosaurreviews What happened to the videos? I can't access them here or on your channel.

Duna

I appreciate your reviews Andy, I like to have a look at the figures in someone's hands, and the measurements. I also know how much time takes it to edit a video as yours, thanks for sharing them.

Shonisaurus

A @Andysdinosaurreviews Your videos are great but unfortunately they can no longer be viewed. Anyway I thank you like the rest of DTF members that you have shown those excellent videos are beautiful.

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 23, 2019, 04:34:26 PM
Quote from: Andysdinosaurreviews on October 23, 2019, 02:15:32 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 20, 2019, 03:51:36 PM
I find that channel really annoying.

Quote from: Ravonium on October 19, 2019, 06:59:38 PM
Am I right in assuming Dan's Dinosaurs gets the figures at roughly the same time Safari starts selling them on their website? Just asking because neither are go to sources for me.

Safari usually gets them a few days to a week or two earlier than Dan's. They're always cheaper direct from Safari, too.

That's my channel, and I'm really sorry you find it annoying. :(  Is there anything specific you don't like?? Maybe I can improve on it.

I'm sorry, it wasn't fair of me to single you out. I generally don't like toy review/unboxing videos much. I do a lot of public speaking, and perhaps as a result I have an irrationally low tolerance of ordinary verbal crutches. I also prefer carefully made still photos to video when evaluating a figure I haven't seen in hand. I don't think your channel is any worse than the other dinosaur video channels; I'm just not keen on the genre.

Oh ok, I can completely understand your dislike for that type of video then. I'm not the best speaker, that's for sure. I also don't have the most colorful vocabulary so I'm not the most impressive speaker because of it. Thank you for explaining and no need to be sorry. You definitely never need to be sorry for your opinions! Also if you ever need images of any figures let me know. Maybe I can help. Since you said you prefer still images as opposed to video. :)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 23, 2019, 08:45:04 PM
A @Andysdinosaurreviews Your videos are great but unfortunately they can no longer be viewed. Anyway I thank you like the rest of DTF members that you have shown those excellent videos are beautiful.

Thank you so much!!! I REALLY appreciate the kind words! The videos were flagged on YouTube. Not too sure why but I'm working on sorting it out. Sorry about that!

Quote from: Ravonium on October 23, 2019, 04:53:38 PM
A @Andysdinosaurreviews What happened to the videos? I can't access them here or on your channel.

They were flagged for some crazy reason on YouTube. Not positive of the reason other than copyright so I'm working on what exactly happened. Should have them back up at some point soon. Sorry about that!

Quote from: Duna on October 23, 2019, 05:43:24 PM
I appreciate your reviews Andy, I like to have a look at the figures in someone's hands, and the measurements. I also know how much time takes it to edit a video as yours, thanks for sharing them.

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it! My goal with my channel is to just help people and kind of create a database where you can check out any figure you're interested in buying, up close, before you do. I have a long way to go but knowing it helps people makes it all worth it!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 23, 2019, 04:34:26 PM
I generally don't like toy review/unboxing videos much. .......

I do not watch them because it spoils my fun of unboxing and seeing the figures alive by myself for the first time.
  I see no reason in watching other people doing it for me.

SidB

My perspective is different. Being on a quite finite budget, I find it rather helpful to see the figures before  purchasing them, if at all possible. This is the same reason, among others, why I value the DTB so much.

ZoPteryx

I really like the look of these figures in hand, even better than the stock photos.

Sim

This is the most impressive line-up I've ever seen!  There's good diversity and the figures are of high quality.  Most of these are animals I'm not interested in having a figure of, but there are two I am interested in.  The first is the Deinonychus.  It's wonderful!  I'm very much looking forward to having it!  Thanks avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson for making it!  The other figure that interests me is the Dilophosaurus.  I'm surprised it isn't feathered, since Doug gave the Safari Coelophysis feathers.  I imagine Doug considered the possibilies for Dilophosaurus's integument and felt scales were most likely?

The way the mouth was highlighted on the Dilophosaurus and Shringasaurus was off-putting to me, but I was very happy to see it looks fine on the Dilophosaurus shown in the video that was posted here.  I do find it weird to see an accurate Dilophosaurus with lips, but maybe the 2020 Safari Dilophosaurus is a figure that's ahead of its time!  Scott Hartman has updated some of his theropod skeletals to have lips, and Dilophosaurus is one of them:

(Image source)

SidB

Ravonium

Quote from: SidB on October 27, 2019, 12:34:51 PM
Welcome back, Sim!

I concur. It's nice to see your posts back in our feeds  :)

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Sim

Thanks S @SidB and avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium, I'm happy to be on the forum again! :)

Killekor

Welcome back to the forum, avatar_Sim @Sim ! It's great to see you here again!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Halichoeres

I'm also glad to see you back, avatar_Sim @Sim. I thought of you when I saw the Deinonychus revealed. That's 3 of the 4 most famous dromaeosaurs now!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Welcome to the avatar_Sim @Sim  forum we need people like you.

Sim

Thanks avatar_Killekor @Killekor, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! :)  And yes Halichoeres, now Utahraptor is the only one of the most famous dromaeosaurids to not have a good figure representation.  I can wait until Utahraptor can be accurately represented.  I'd like to see other companies do good dromaeosaurid figures too.  I think the new Safari Deinonychus will be very satisfying for me though.  I'm very excited for it!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: