You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Duna's collection (Ikea cabinet and more) "updated feb"

Started by Duna, October 15, 2019, 09:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subduction

You're welcome! Maybe it's just the way your camera picked up those colors but I've already fallen in love with the figure. So I'll definitely buy it when I get the chance! That's very odd though that the figure fell down in the middle of the night. Yeah, maybe it was because of the change in temperature. But how much did the temperature change? I'm sorry that happened though. I guess it needs its supporting rod during the night.

Duna

avatar_Crackington @Crackington I've just put the light on top of the cabinet, screwed to the top of the wardrobe. It lights very nicely my Archaeopteryx fossil replica I bought many years ago, and (although the Invictas are there, I may find a better place for all of them when I get a few more pieces of the collection) the place for the prehistoric mammals.
I want to get Collecta Elasmotherium and a Paraceraterium (but smaller than the IToy) and a Woolly mamooth (I would like very much these were made by Eofauna). I'm thinking about a Basilosaurus, too.

Hope you like it

Libraraptor

ceratopsian

As do I!  The lighting on your fossil replica is so atmospheric. And what a lovely item to have to display. 

Crackington

Wow that looks great avatar_Duna @Duna!

Love how you've placed the Archaeopteryx cast there too - very classy display. Thanks for nudging me to see it.

Duna

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Honestly, the PNSO qianzhousaurus is a figure highly to consider for my collection, it is perhaps the definitive figure of that rare species of tyrannosauroid.

On the other hand, that decoration with the archeopteryx fossil has been great, you have very good taste and very good order. I congratulate you.

Halichoeres

Great setup, the effect is very dramatic! The Archaeopteryx slab behind the figures is also a wonderful touch.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Duna

New members for my Invicta collection that recently started collecting. These came from UK:

This two from two different Spanish sellers:

And these five from three also different sellers from Spain. It's very difficult to buy them in my country but I have been very lucky.

I have to thank very much to the forum member critcho for these:

And I won this two in an Ebay bid. They are a beauty, full of detail.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations. By the way, where can you find Spanish sellers of dinosaurs or other prehistoric items? I am interested in it.

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 23, 2021, 09:31:35 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations. By the way, where can you find Spanish sellers of dinosaurs or other prehistoric items? I am interested in it.
Thank you, I mostly search in Wallapop and in "Todocoleccion" webpage with the words "lote dinosaurios" (for bargains, UKRD, and some vintage figures), "dinosaurio años" (for the same, but more expensive), "dinosaurios Dunkin" (for Dunkin and Cigarral), "Cigarral dinosaurios", "dinosaurios Miniland", "dinosaurios Yolanda", too. Basically, when you write the brand name your search makes more precise, but the prices are higher, because the seller knows what he is selling (a collector figure). In toy lots you can find some of these figures cheaper, but you have to take a lot of time.

In Ebay (and in Todocoleccion) I highly recommend you Snertus seller, located in La Coruña. Here is his Ebay shop: https://www.ebay.es/str/snertussfigures. I've bought many of my figures from him. They are not bargains, but he has a wide collection of vintage figures from Spain and other countries.
I've done other search in eBay for other figures as the Invicta I couldn't find here.

Wish you good luck!

Duna

I go on little by little, in my quest to complete all my childhood collections and most of the Spanish vintage ones.

MINILAND
Miniland group is a Spanish company foundated in 1962 that is still on work. It is a leading brand for toys and educational materials that has become the most important in the Spanish market of educational toys and also a world reference.
When talking about their collection of dinosaur toys from the 80s-90s, what I know is that there were 3 different: mini, small and large. All of them were also customized as promotional articles for food brands. The larger ones aren't too original, because the brand is known to have bought the molds of other disappeared companies (UKRD and Funrise) so some of their toys just look like the same in other colors. But we have to be very thankful for this, so we can even buy NOW some of this large figures in Amazon with such atractive retro sculpts. They were very nice decades ago and still are. Don't look for updated figures; they are just aimed to be playable nice toys and nothing more than nostalgic toys.

Miniland miniature figures (3 cm) from "Dinosaurus" LU biscuits, 90s exclusive collection in green and yellow that came in a plastic egg. I got 5 of them when I was little, and I luckily came across a few more in a lot. They are cute to die for, so charming. The ankylosaurus is probably one of my favourite figures of all my collection :-*
I really don't know how many there were, I just can't remember. I found no information at all about this collection. I've only found 8 of them (the parasaurolophus has no name on the belly).

First row: tyrannosaurus, dicraeosaurus, camptosaurus, brontosaurus, parasaurolophus.
Second row: triceratops, stegosaurus, ankylosaurus, protoceratops.
Yes, it's amazing they went for such an obscure species as dicraeosaurus, :o but that makes it one of the few representations of this species.

In the belly you can read the name of the species and the stamp of Miniland brand.

There are also some other Miniland miniatures that some are just like the ones of LU biscuits and some are new (or maybe I'm missing some of the yellow-green ones). They probably were promotional articles, too. Some have the name of the species on the belly, some not. There are at least 3 different colors: grey with green top coat, greenish brown with dark pink and yellow coat. The new are: a quadrupedal velocirraptor, a pteranodon, iguanodon, gallimimus and a little dragon?

Also the Miniland small figures (5 cm). I've read in an add that they were promotional gifts from Energizer batteries and PMI cereals. I knew nothing about them. They are a bigger version of the miniatures. They come only in these colors, but there is also a grey and green iguanodon.

First row: brontosaurus, velociraptor, tyrannosaurus, parasaurolophus, iguanodon, camptosaurus.
Second row: corythosaurus, pteranodon, protoceratops, ankylosaurus, triceratops and stegosaurus.
Yes, the velociraptor has the same mold as the UKRD 1993 mini.

On the belly they have the species name, but some species have the Miniland logo and some not.

Here you can compare the difference in size of the two collections:

I'll update this post in a week or so with the larger figures. Spoiler: they are very different from the smaller ones.  ^-^

NILO
Last month I came across 4 little miniatures (3-4 cm) in a toy lot that had the NILO name stamped on the belly. I got 2 more from the Spanish eBay seller Snertus (the only two he had on sale), so I have 6 now. ButI know nothing about that Spanish brand from the 80s.
The little figures are charming, wrinkled and very retro looking. The brontosaurus, tyrannosaurus, mammooth and pteranodon are quite obvious little versions of Funrise.

EL CIGARRAL DINOSAURS
And other lovely very retro looking original collection are El Cigarral dinosaurs. El Cigarral is a Spanish premium cheese company that in the 80s gave for free by buying their products a little package with 7 miniature "dinosaurs". There are 10 in total and 4-5 cm long. I knew nothing about this figures, I was too young, but I recently knew about them I couldn't miss them. I've got two original packages and about a dozen aditional figures. They were made of very hard indestructible plastic that floats in water and came in 6 different colors.
I got a complete set of light brown-beige figures. The other colors are: dark brown, dark red, dark green (and other two different shades of green), dark grey and light grey.

The species choice is a gem for us collectors.
First row: tyrannosaurus, iguanodon, ornithomimus, anatosaurus, triceratops.
Second row: stegosaurus, tylosaurus, megalania and ramphorhynchus.

Duna

A few more Invictas are slowly arriving ...

I received yesterday Nanmu brown tyrannosaurus rex and I'm absolutely in love with it. It has a considerable weight and stands perfecty on ONE NAIL and one finger, very stable and perfecty balanced. The sculpt is very detailed and the paint is perfect, no sloppiness here. The eye is life like as well as the teeth. I knew that Nanmu teeth were from another galaxy but seeing them in person, it's amazing.

It will display here, with the printed 3D skeletons that I built and painted myself two years ago. The skeletons are JP style so Papo and Nanmu figures go very well with them. In my cabinet I try only to put the most updated versions of the figures, but I really liked Papo stegosaurus and triceratops, they are very well sculpted. So I found a perfect place for them.
I have also a rex skull, a real size Velociraptor skull and pteranodon and smilodon skulls, too.

Duna

These are my new adquisitions. Three Marx figures all from the first 1955-59 molds: Ankylosaurus from medium mold group, and triceratops and cynognathus from small mold group. I have assumed that completing the collection is impossible where I live, and purchasing one by one from the USA is too expensive for me due to the shipping costs. But I couldn't resist bidding for these three to be my representatives of the brand and now they have a special place in my collection. I have also a quite complete set of JARU / chinese bootlegs from the 70-80s which are nice mates for the Marx.

Dunkin was the first in giving away little plastic figures as soon as in the 50s inside a bag with a piece of chewing gum, so now everyone calls with this name all the different collections of mini plastic figures even in other countries. "Dunkin" figures are highly appreciated. The dinosaurs came out in the 80s and I think they were prizes from Boomer chewing gum (but everyone calls them Dunkin dinosaurs), and didn't came in a bag with the gum, but as prized winning stickers. The collection had 12 mini figures made in a shiny metallic plastic in 4 colours (purple, pink, gold and green). The detail of the figures is superb despite its small size.
The designs are very original (and still outdated) but the Pteranodon is obviously inspired in the Marx. There are a lot of interesting species, I highly recommend this collection.

The species are from back to front and rom left to right:
Teratosaurus, ceratosaurus, hadrosaur, diplodocus
Parasaurolophus, tyrannosaurus, allosaurus, stegosaurus
Ankylosaurus, pteranodon, dimetrodon, triceratops
The four bipedal carnivores are easily confused between them.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions of classic Vintage Invicta and Marx figures and especially on your Nanmu tyrannosaurus. Welcome to the Nanmu Collectors Club at the DTF!

Duna

I will proudly present another Spanish exclusive collection made also in Spain in 1989 by YOLANDA. It's really nice to find vintage collections before the Jurassic Park boom and this is one of them. YOLANDA was a company that made rubber figures and most of them are highly apreciated. This set of dinosaurs was very special because about that time, YOLANDA company was bought by COMANSI, another Spanish and world famous toy company that now still rules the market of rubber figures and other toys. That's why a sticker with the COMANSI logo and slogan was placed on the packages of these dinosaurs, although the stamp on the figures' bellies says YOLANDA 1989 M.S.C.V.V. (I have no idea of the meaning of those letters).

They released this quite chunky collection of a very free and retro interpretation of "dinosaurs" made of heavy rubber. These 6 were promotional articles of a processed meat company called CABO. These were so called Cabosaurios. You got one Cabosaurio for free by buying "a piece of salchichón, chorizo or similar.

These is the original package (pics are not mine, found them in todocoleccion website, so the credit is for the authors). In the back there was a short piece of information about the species.

The figures are quite big and heavy, most of them are about 17 cm, but it looks like the soft rubber has not aged too well because there are some cracks or maybe they were released like that. The paint also seems not very resistant to scratching, specially on the smoother figures. There were some color variations as you can see here.

The dinosaurs are: Apatosaurus (or diplodocus, I'm not sure), Tarbosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and Stegosaurus. The tarbosaurus is smaller than the T-rex and has a longer snout.
The non-dinosaurs are: Uintatherium and dimetrodon.
The Uintatherium is really nice and the dimetrodon may be something like a hybrid of Inostrancevia and Dimetrodon with human hands.  ;D

Another day I will tell you about the Jurassic Park figures of YOLANDA, which are really nice.

Halichoeres

You have a real talent for hunting down these unusual vintage dinosaurs! This thread is becoming a great resource, since many of these figures didn't have good images on the Internet before now.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

You mentioned in the Invicta thread that your husband called them horrible. Sure he didn't mean some of the other vintage figures instead? ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Duna

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 06, 2021, 03:38:18 PM
You mentioned in the Invicta thread that your husband called them horrible. Sure he didn't mean some of the other vintage figures instead? ;D
He thinks the hard plastic monochrome figures are more horrible that the colored ones.  :))

CityRaptor

Odd. I mean, stuff like Invicta, Marx and Linde, is much nicer than the colored figures from the same era, which often have inferior sculpts and also shoddy paint jobs. Okay, I don't collect vintage any longer, expect for Sinclair Dinoland, but I had some lucky finds a few years ago.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: