You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Duna's collection (Ikea cabinet and more) "updated feb"

Started by Duna, October 15, 2019, 09:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you for your new acquisitions of Safari and also for the Collecta iguanodon that dinosaur is one of my favorites along with the Collecta brand styracosaurus. They are two very well sculpted dinosaurs.

It is true! The ichthyosaurus is much larger than what I expected.

Concavenator

avatar_Duna @Duna Congratulations for your new acquisitions, enjoy them!  :) BTW, where did you buy them from?

I see the Dilophosaurus in a different way, I think it's one of the best from this year's Safari's lineup. When they were revealed, I wasn't too impressed by them. But after seeing more pics (specially in hand pictures) my opinion has changed a lot, I think this has been one of Safari's best years. I really like the species they have done , the Deino, Pachy and Edmonto had been in my wishlists from the Hopes & Dreams thread for years.

Also, avatar_Patrx @Patrx , the Safari Deinonychus looks quite accurate, but since I bet you know more than me about dromaeosaurids, is there any faults (accuracy-wise) with it? I read somewhere that its eyes are too far back on the head, is that true?

Anyways, I think the Deinonychus is a big improvement over their Velociraptor.

Killekor

Congratulations for your new acquisitions, Duna! The new Safari figures are wonderful, and I didn't expect the Deinonychus to be so big! Thanks for the photos and info!

Quote from: Concavenator on January 30, 2020, 07:20:54 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna Congratulations for your new acquisitions, enjoy them!  :) BTW, where did you buy them from?

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I think that Duna bought them from Everything Dinosaur.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Duna

Quote from: Killekor on January 30, 2020, 08:16:32 PM
Congratulations for your new acquisitions, Duna! The new Safari figures are wonderful, and I didn't expect the Deinonychus to be so big! Thanks for the photos and info!

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I think that Duna bought them from Everything Dinosaur.
Thank you Killekor! In ED I ordered the Papo spinosaurus and other two Safari figures (smilodon and nigersaurus) but avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I've bought this lot in https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/. Very quick shipment, I placed my order on Monday.
I'm starting to like the tiny dilophosaurus. It looks so nice with the Collecta borealopelta, psittacosaurus and Safari coelophysis ...

Patrx

Also, avatar_Patrx @Patrx , the Safari Deinonychus looks quite accurate, but since I bet you know more than me about dromaeosaurids, is there any faults (accuracy-wise) with it? I read somewhere that its eyes are too far back on the head, is that true?

I haven't yet had the opportunity to see the new Deinonychus in person, unfortunately, but from the photos, it looks great to me; including the position of the eyes.

Mellow Stego

I'm a little late to this, but your glass shelves look great!
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Halichoeres

Nice new additions!

Quote from: Duna on January 30, 2020, 05:42:43 PM
  As I only get one figure per group of non dinosaurs for my collection, I think this itchyosaurus is the best ambassador for its family in my collection.

I'm curious, how do you define "group" in this instance?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

By the way, Duna, how many figures do you have in your collection?

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 31, 2020, 05:38:26 PM
Thanks to the dinotoycollector web I have a record of all them. I have on display in the cabinet 49 figures. The PNSO large megalodon is in the living room with a few fossils. The Collecta pachycephalosaurus, Papo iguanodon and styracosaurus are not on display. Papo triceratops and stegosaurus are on a shelf with they respective 1:20 skeleton, they look very nice there. Eofauna deinotherium and Safari smilodon (when I get it), are on top of the cabinet, not inside, so mammals will be there, I only plan to get a few, the ones I really liked when I was little (woolly mamooth, elasmotherium and paraceratherium-I really want the last one from Eofauna). When I receive my Papo spinosaurus, it will be with them (I think it's too long for putting it inside the cabinet). So in total I have 59 figures (4 of them are tubes).

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Duna on January 31, 2020, 08:46:41 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 31, 2020, 05:38:26 PM
Thanks to the dinotoycollector web I have a record of all them. I have on display in the cabinet 49 figures. The PNSO large megalodon is in the living room with a few fossils. The Collecta pachycephalosaurus, Papo iguanodon and styracosaurus are not on display. Papo triceratops and stegosaurus are on a shelf with they respective 1:20 skeleton, they look very nice there. Eofauna deinotherium and Safari smilodon (when I get it), are on top of the cabinet, not inside, so mammals will be there, I only plan to get a few, the ones I really liked when I was little (woolly mamooth, elasmotherium and paraceratherium-I really want the last one from Eofauna). When I receive my Papo spinosaurus, it will be with them (I think it's too long for putting it inside the cabinet). So in total I have 59 figures (4 of them are tubes).

Nice Duna collection of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. You have made a good selection of the best figures of each brand. Thank you for the reply and my congratulations for such wonderful figures.

Duna

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 31, 2020, 04:59:32 PM
Nice new additions!

As I only get one figure per group of non dinosaurs for my collection, I think this itchyosaurus is the best ambassador for its family in my collection.

I'm curious, how do you define "group" in this instance?
Very good question :) In non-dinosaurs, I have very few figures. For example, I take pteranodon as a representative of "pterosauria", and not buy hatzegopteryx, guidraco, tupuxuara, Zhejiangopterus  .... Although I have a ramphorhynchus and a quetzalcoatlus. I have little room so I only collect the most known and heard species. Another example, I take itchyosaurus as a representative of "itchyosauria" and no eurhinosaurus, excalibosaurus, temnodontosaurus ...
Elasmosaurus, liopleurodon (thanks to WWD) and mosasaurus as the representatives of plesiosauria. Not thalassomedon, hydrotherosaurus, pliosaurus ...
Only postosuchus and not prestosuchus ... but both dimetrodon and edaphosaurus.
I would like to get a placerias, too.
I know I'm not being so scientific but I would like to get most of the dinosaurs I've grown up with. There are some exceptions because I'll also get some newer discoveries if consider them really interesting: amargasaurus, atlasaurus, bajadasaurus, chilesaurus ...

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 31, 2020, 09:06:07 PM
Nice Duna collection of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. You have made a good selection of the best figures of each brand. Thank you for the reply and my congratulations for such wonderful figures.
Thank you Shonisaurus as always. ;)

Concavenator

I know I'm not being so scientific but I would like to get most of the dinosaurs I've grown up with. There are some exceptions because I'll also get some newer discoveries if consider them really interesting: amargasaurus, atlasaurus, bajadasaurus, chilesaurus ...

I get what you're saying, but my case is rather different. For instance, in my collection I have no Iguanodon, Ankylosaurus or Styracosaurus, but I have an Anzu, an Atlasaurus and a Batrachotomus (not a dinosaur, I know)  ;D It also happens to me that there are figures that I have been wanting to have for ages but when I come to finally order a figure I end up being more interested in figures that came out recently

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on February 01, 2020, 12:05:17 AM

I get what you're saying, but my case is rather different. For instance, in my collection I have no Iguanodon, Ankylosaurus or Styracosaurus, but I have an Anzu, an Atlasaurus and a Batrachotomus (not a dinosaur, I know)  ;D It also happens to me that there are figures that I have been wanting to have for ages but when I come to finally order a figure I end up being more interested in figures that came out recently

I sincerely like vintage prehistoric dinosaurs and animals such as Battat, Play Visions, UKRD or for example the WWD ornithocheirus although obtaining it is more difficult than getting a four-leaf clover in terms of price and rarity.

Duna

Finally my desired 2019 Papo spinosaurus has arrived (after two months, thanks to the bad service of my local post office). But I'm so thankful to Everything Dinosaur, because they helped me with the problem and even sent a second package with new figures so I could get them (the first package was returned and has not arrived by now).

My opinion about the figures:
- Papo spinosaurus 2019: It's absolutely gorgeus. No mind what people say, or how many video reviews or pictures you watch. You must HAVE it in your hands to fully apreciate it. The sculpture is all detailed (it even has pores in some scales), the color matches perfectly (regardless it is not like the promo picture) and it's HUGE. Wow. I really love the eel tail and the veil. I really think the veil it's the best of all actual figures.
- Safari Smilodon 2004: I really wanted an smilodon figure because I have a 3d printed skull, so to match it. Eyes are a bit cartoony but overall it's the best smilodon figure in the market. It has a dinamic pose and the mouth is wide open (I wanted fully closed or fully opened mouth, I'm not interested in half closed mouth, they say nothing to me as this is smilodon's most original aspect: the wide angle of opening of the jaws).
- Safari nigersaurus 2008: When I found that it was a discontinued figure, I just wanted so hard to get it before it disappears. I can't understand why it has been discontinued because it's a fantastic figure: size is perfect, colors are so nice and it's quite accurate.

Halichoeres

I'm also fond of that Nigersaurus. There are some minor inaccuracies but nothing that really detracts from my enjoyment of the sculpt.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Sarapaurolophus

Congrats on the Spino! I also use a Detolf for my figs and have my PNSO Amarga posed with my Papos. They work well together.

What reptiles do you have in these tanks, if I may ask? It's a nice touch to keep the dino collection next to them :))

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations for the arrival of your expected products of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals (smilodon from Safari).

The Papo spinosaurus 2019 limited version of Papo is honestly one of the best spinosaurus ever made in the toy market.

Safari nigersaurus far exceeds other figures of that strange and strange sauropod, for example it surpasses Collecta nigersaurus in genius and quality. Safari nigersaurus is the best of its kind in toy.

On the other hand, the smilodon of Safari is great although in my case I really like its Collecta counterpart, although honestly there is still no definitive one to convince me. I also really liked (and it is recommended) the Safari Missing Links Smilodon although honestly that kind of saber-toothed feline I still hope that a company makes a super-finished figure as Papo has done with his megaloceros (noting his prototype). But what you have said is right is for me one of my best smilodon in my collection along with that of Collecta (latest version).

I am very sorry that the shipment has been delayed and that one of them has been lost. Sincerely, postal officials could have done their job better and I know from experience. My father (already retired) worked as a lawyer and had to take cases of postal and customs employees who kept the shipping products. There were even employees who stayed with black-legged hams and endless products (and it's as true as life itself). In all professions there are people for everything.

Halichoeres

An excellent batch of figures! Strong year for Safari.

SidB

I totally identified with your move, earlier, to install new levels in the cabinet. Been there, done it. Maybe you'll have to acquire another cabinet before too much longer?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: