News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2021 Hopes and Dreams!

Started by suspsy, October 29, 2019, 09:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I think it's been good that there's been no new ceratopsid this year.  That having been said, I'd like to see a Chasmosaurus made for Wild Safari.  Quite a lot of skin is known for this genus, which would help make it a wonderful figure if it were made, I think.

Avian

Anybody up for a Safari Moa? And maybe a remake of the Giant Sloth and Mammoth too.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Ravonium

Quote from: MammothProductions on January 05, 2020, 06:06:57 PM
Anybody up for a Safari Moa? And maybe a remake of the Giant Sloth and Mammoth too.

Yes to all three of these, especially the moa!  :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

A moa was one of my suggestions when Safari put out for ideas. More cenozoic and paleozoic species in general would be nice.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Loon

After how good that cassowary came out, which I think was sculpted by Doug Watson, if live to see them release a Moa.

Avian

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 05, 2020, 07:20:17 PM
A moa was one of my suggestions when Safari put out for ideas. More cenozoic and paleozoic species in general would be nice.

I'm sad I missed that, as I only joined the blog recently. Over on the Animal Toy Forum, they are doing something similar.

Ravonium

Quote from: MammothProductions on January 05, 2020, 07:55:06 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 05, 2020, 07:20:17 PM

I'm sad I missed that, as I only joined the blog recently. Over on the Animal Toy Forum, they are doing something similar.

You'll be even more sad when you find out what won...

Avian

Ravonium

Quote from: MammothProductions on January 05, 2020, 09:41:47 PM
Tell me.

Apparently it was a Mermaid TOOB.

Dinoxels

It's so stupid that they chose that, but it makes sense. They aren't just gonna cash in on the Prehistoric World Line.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 05, 2020, 10:09:21 PM
It's so stupid that they chose that, but it makes sense. They aren't just gonna cash in on the Prehistoric World Line.

I'm pretty sure Safari does indeed cash in on their prehistoric line, otherwise it wouldn't exist. I too am disappointed that it's a mermaid TOOB and not some cool dinosaur that Safari's never tackled before, but we should remember that the company's primary market consists of children. I'm happy that some lucky little girl's wish came true.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sim on January 05, 2020, 05:32:43 PM
I think it's been good that there's been no new ceratopsid this year.  That having been said, I'd like to see a Chasmosaurus made for Wild Safari.  Quite a lot of skin is known for this genus, which would help make it a wonderful figure if it were made, I think.

Chasmosaurus next to the paraceratherium are two cursed figures in the production of prehistoric toy dinosaurs and mammals.

It would be interesting a chasmosaurus according to you Sim. Undoubtedly a ceraptoside figure of almost forced production by a toy brand along with the torosaurus and to a much lesser extent the arrhonoceratops and anchiceratops.

On the other hand a moschops, estemmenosuchus and diplocaulus would be interesting are very well-known figures among collectors and even among children (at least as a child I knew these species of prehistoric animals of the Paleozoic era) and I do not understand that they are not sufficiently represented in The toy market.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 05, 2020, 11:14:48 PM
Quote from: Sim on January 05, 2020, 05:32:43 PM

Chasmosaurus next to the paraceratherium are two cursed figures in the production of prehistoric toy dinosaurs and mammals.

It would be interesting a chasmosaurus according to you Sim. Undoubtedly a ceraptoside figure of almost forced production by a toy brand along with the torosaurus and to a much lesser extent the arrhonoceratops and anchiceratops.

On the other hand a moschops, estemmenosuchus and diplocaulus would be interesting are very well-known figures among collectors and even among children (at least as a child I knew these species of prehistoric animals of the Paleozoic era) and I do not understand that they are not sufficiently represented in The toy market.

Well, technically they already have a Chasmosaurus, now that Vagaceratops has been synonymized back into that genus.

suspsy

I want a Judiceratops. We need more dinosaurs whose names start with the letter J.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

Vagaceratops being a species of Chasmosaurus isn't agreed upon, as mentioned in this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8122.msg0#new

The two (other?) Chasmosaurus species look different enough from Vagaceratops to be worth considering for the Wild Safari line, I think.

Loon

Quote from: Sim on January 06, 2020, 08:21:53 PM
The two (other?) Chasmosaurus species look different enough from Vagaceratops to be worth considering for the Wild Safari line, I think.

I'd also like a new version of Chasmosaurus, as, I feel, the Vagaceratops is the weakest of the new batch of Safari Ceratopsians.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, although vagaceratops is a ceraptoside very similar to chasmosaurus, it honestly doesn't convince me yet. I would like a chasmosaurus with the three horns.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Sim on January 06, 2020, 08:21:53 PM

I do agree with you there. I'd love to see a "classic" Chasmosaurus. They have such distinctive and striking frills! I know some people don't like the eyespot trope, but I'd want some on mine.  ;)

Sim

Quote from: Loon on January 06, 2020, 08:34:08 PM
I'd also like a new version of Chasmosaurus, as, I feel, the Vagaceratops is the weakest of the new batch of Safari Ceratopsians.
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on January 07, 2020, 01:24:32 PM
I do agree with you there. I'd love to see a "classic" Chasmosaurus. They have such distinctive and striking frills! I know some people don't like the eyespot trope, but I'd want some on mine.  ;)

I agree with the bolded parts.  The Vagaceratops is a good figure, but I think Doug's figures have improved since he made that one.  If a Chasmosaurus is made, I'd like it to be C. belli. As far as I'm aware it's known from more complete remains than C. russelli, including this lovely impression of its skin: https://archive.org/details/cbarchive_105265_integumentofchasmosaurusbelli1925/page/n3

Daspletodave

centrosaurus and corythosaurus please!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: